By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - “We’re stepping away from Little Big Planet to focus on some new ideas.” - Media Molecule

Right Decision?

Yes 89 76.72%

No 4 3.45%

Maybe 14 12.07%

Undecided 7 6.03%

Other 2 1.72%

Total:116

its okay...do some new things for a new PS3 game and after that LBP3 for PS4!at best as a launch title this would bosst the franchise IMO!

Around the Network

Yes! They know how to make a good game, but two creators is heftily enough. No need for more!

I think LBP is sort of at a dead end for this gen, LBP2 didn't really feel like it did much LBP didn't, it just sort of fully fleshed out it all and made it the 'complete' game for the concept. The series obviously have a future but maybe that's something for the PS4, I don't think anyone can really get excited about LBP3 if it's just more creation tools and another single player...

I can't imagine what else those guys have lined up though, studio's like SCE Santa Monica, Zipper, Guerilla etc it's kind of obvious to see what they can do going forward from the games they make. But the LBP guys could literally come up with anything.

I think it's a good decision.

The developers have been working on LBP for a while now. It seems with LBP2 they added a ton of stuff...I think now the developers are simultaneously running out of ideas and burning out on working on LBP2. They've reached a point where most of their effort will amount to small changes instead of huge ones.

It's more satisfying creatively to do something big and new then add several small features here and there.

a new platformer IP please

little big planet sequel should be saved for ps4

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

I've been wondering for a while if MM has any actual talent outside of the LBP series. Unlike many other Sony studios, they haven't proven themselves at being competent at making more than one IP. I guess they'll have the chance to prove themselves in the future.

I think we'll see a 3D LittleBigPlanet on the PS4. That would be the greatest game ever made ever!

I vote yes i wanna see what else they can do, like how i feel santa monica studios should make another game lol.

Little Big Galaxy incoming, sackboy goes 3D.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

I voted yes, let's see what these guys can do, if it wasn't for Naughty dog deciding to stop Crash Bandicoot we wouldn't have the Jak games or Uncharted, it's good to mix it up.

oh wow, another new ip coming for sony. YES! xD