By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - An interesting fishing game? Namco's new open world resort

NiKKoM said:
o yeah... I'm so getting this just for the controller.. I still have the dreamcast rod so this baby will replace that after so many years..

the controller may not be coming over stateside with the game

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network
gumby_trucker said:

I have similar concerns regarding Mario Party and Itadaki Street. The latter won't sell poorly, but might "fail" by Nintendo standards.

Mario Party 9 is way over due after the widescreenless 8, which I sold after getting Wii Party. Don't need more of these, some people might. Got no clue how they will do but that Fortune Street will do worse... didn't MP8 have a Fortune Street board?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

gumby_trucker said:
NiKKoM said:
o yeah... I'm so getting this just for the controller.. I still have the dreamcast rod so this baby will replace that after so many years..

the controller may not be coming over stateside with the game

Well that would suck but no problem for me.. I have to go to asia for work sometimes so i'll pick it up there..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

You can see NWR's hands-on experience through these links: Part 1 and Part 2.

Looks like they tried the Japanese version of the game and that tilting of the fishing rod while reeling in looked good, but that shrimp sure was strong... Some weird things like  bicycle dissapearing when you get off or the kayak animations. Though the surroundings looked nice and you can get knee deep in the water.

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

bumped due to interest in the similar SmokedHostage thread

the original trolls

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Around the Network

Excellent news, kids!
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=163684

It seems XSEED are doing everything right about publishing this game in the US!
the game will be releasing here in two versions:
version #1 is the game only for the bargain price of $19.99 !
version #2 will be priced at the still very low $29.99 and include the awesome controller accessory!

Buy this game people! XSEED deserve your money! A Yuji Naka game from Namdai with deep gameplay and a crazy-cool peripheral (or not) for a fantastic price!

This just went up my wishlist, you can guess which version I'll be getting... I wonder if I'll be able to use the thing for fighting games as well

(release date is still TBD)

the original trolls

Cool, i'll wait for and Europe announcement. (Caution mode)

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

That's cheap as hell. So you'll be getting the awesome controller in the end, there was no need to get alarmed.

Congrats on the bundle, looking forward to the European release now

PS: Amazon has the title for the 22nd of November

http://www.amazon.com/Fishing-Resort-nintendo-wii/dp/B005FEX576/

http://www.amazon.com/Fishing-Resort-Bundle-Rod-nintendo-wii/dp/B005JU9GM4/

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

According to siliconera it looks like XSEED wanted to bring over the fishing reel from the start but were uncertain until now. Well they sure did good with this game by me!
I am hoping this will gain better initial reception than Go Vacation has so far, I have faith in Yuji Naka!

the original trolls

Tough to imagine "interesting" and "fishing game" in the same sentence, but then again that's what I thought about a fitness game before Wii Fit, so who knows..