By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D allows only one save...EVER

KylieDog said:
Galaki said:
KylieDog said:

This will not affect trade in value, even games with online passes do have have trade in value affected.  Reseting the save file will just net you the first perks, only the first couple characters playable and only the first stage.  You can just pick the first character/perk/stage and you have the same result, a save file reset shouldn't be needed.

It may not affect you, but don't speak for the rest of us.

It shouldn't affect anyone who buys new.  This isn't opinion, there is nothing to gain from resetting a save file that you cannot do without resetting it.

No, you spoke for yourself. It's your opinion that there's nothign to gain.

Around the Network

Silly move, but I'll still be purchasing the game.

Also, here's the commercial for it. Pretty good I must say.

Capcom...still learning new ways to fail.

A game based on beating high scores shouldn't matter if you can delete the save file or not. There's no story so what would be the point? Name a game like that where you deleted your save file with the hours it took you to beat it just for fun. I replay my games all the time but that's either to do a speed run or to refresh the story. If this was revelations then I would be pissed and rightly so.

When I played mario kart and my save data with everything unlocked on it was deleted I was pissed and hated that I had to redo all the work I put into it. It still sits there with only 80% of the things unlocked on it now.

I understand the reason for the backlash but I just don't agree with it.

I was gonna wait to buy it used but now I'll just wait for the inevitable price drop and then get it new. I mean it is just a mini-game after all.

whatever, I want Resident Evil Revelations anyway not this game.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network
theARTIST0017 said:
whatever, I want Resident Evil Revelations anyway not this game.

What if that has a similar thing? As in all you can do is play the game and new game plusses?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

*Sound Of Rain said:
Solid-Stark said:

You are correct in your points. However, one save eliminates the games value in a way. See, you can't necesarilly let your friend borrow this game unless you are okay with them unlocking things for you.

Although this isn't a story game, it may be a preview to future games that actually do have a single player. Like you said, when you beat a Resident Evil game, it says on your save file that you completed it so you can start again. But what are you going to do if you have a friend who would like to play it when you are half way through? Or what if, for whatever reason you want to start all over but their exist a current play through(different difficulty, etc.)?

It can bother some, if not plenty of people.

I don't think that Capcom is stupid enough to do this with future story-lined games.

If they are...well then I guess I won't be buying Revelations LOL.

Idk i hope your right. They split RE into two parts and are charging full retail for both, and have previously abused DLC feature (RE5 versus, fighting game characters on disc). I wouldn't be surprised if they continue.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Oh sure Capcom, God forbid gamers save a little money and buy used! This is bs.. I mean I guess it's not that big a deal, but its the principle of the damn thing. Instead of taking these cheap shortcuts to punish users for buying used, why not, oh I don't know... make the damn game better in the first place! That way people might actually have incentive to buy new! The industry really seems to be bending gamers over more and more, and no one seems to care.

Smeags said:
Silly move, but I'll still be purchasing the game.

Also, here's the commercial for it. Pretty good I must say.

awesome commercial lol. In my opinion capcom's way of advertising is pretty cool. And you guys are trippin its a score based game not a big dealit takes nothing from the game.

I´ts not that you cannot erase the data, but they could have included more files on the cartdriges, or even let you save whatever number of files you want on the sd card, my brother will buy it and when i want to play it, i will play it with whatever he may have unlocked by then, spoiling everything inbetween.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688