By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - what month do you think gt5 will cross 7 million sold on here

What month you think GT5 will cross 7 million on vgchartz

sept 11 12 17.65%

oct 11 2 2.94%

nov 11 15 22.06%

dec 11 12 17.65%

jan 12 7 10.29%

feb 12 2 2.94%

march 12 3 4.41%

april 12 1 1.47%

may 12 2 2.94%

jan 14 12 17.65%

Total:68
Doobie_wop said:
Halo_Reach said:
pezus said:
Doobie_wop said:
Probably by the end of the year, doesn't really deserve it though, such a boring and bland game, but I guess that's just me.

Indeed it is!

no its not just him, the game only got a 8.0 at gamespot.com, the holy grail for game scores, it was hyped to be 9.0 or higher, it failed to meet the hype and disapointed

I feel a little insulted being backed up by a post like this, please refrain from doing it again in the future, it only makes me hate the world a little more when people use Gamespot as a reference for quality review scores. 

PLEASE INFORM  me of a better review site then gamespot, this will be interesting

Around the Network

November. Shipped numbers don't count people.

20k weekly sales for the next 10 weeks gives 200k. 25k weekly for the 4 weeks of September, then the total is 6.6 million. Then by October GT5 should be adjusted up slightly, and I expect sales to pick up due to Forza's release, but it won't break 7 million until holiday sales really begin to boost GT5 sales, which is November.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Halo_Reach said:
Doobie_wop said:
Halo_Reach said:
pezus said:
Doobie_wop said:
Probably by the end of the year, doesn't really deserve it though, such a boring and bland game, but I guess that's just me.

Indeed it is!

no its not just him, the game only got a 8.0 at gamespot.com, the holy grail for game scores, it was hyped to be 9.0 or higher, it failed to meet the hype and disapointed

I feel a little insulted being backed up by a post like this, please refrain from doing it again in the future, it only makes me hate the world a little more when people use Gamespot as a reference for quality review scores. 

PLEASE INFORM  me of a better review site then gamespot, this will be interesting

Any other site that doesn't take publisher marketing bribes, fire there employees when they give low review scores to games from publishers that are putting ads on their sites, doesn't hire reviewers that admittedly hate gaming (such as Tom Mc Shea), doesn't have a history of a mass staff departures because of how they censor and control their articles and reviews (Alex Navarro, Ryan Davis, Frank Provo are just a few examples), doesn't have a marketing system in place called 'Gametax' which was developed to track every thing a user does on the site and directly transfer it to marketing agencies and I could go on and on and on, but I'm not going to. Gamespot is a game marketing site, it has been for the last five years  and it has been specifially designed to follow certain marketing guidelines and anyone who uses their reviews as a basis for buying their games is a tool, because they're essentially basing their purchase off of a pretensiously written commercial.

Any time you see a game get a low review score, it is most likely because the publisher behind it doesn't have the money or the influence to change the score or the publisher legitimately doesn't have a hand in these sites (Nintendo, Sony, Atlus, Namco, Koei, Konami and probably a whole of other Japanese or European publishers).

The honest truth is that no game site is trustworthy, they all run under extremely flawed systems of service and they essentially make money from the companies they are criticing. Using their reviews as a reference as to why a game is good or bad is stupid, you'd have had a better argument if you had posted an official GT5 forum thread and pointed out how dissappointed people were with the game in the thread, because at least those people aren't being paid to give their opinion and they probably know more about games than any game reviewer on the planet.

I hope that was interesting.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752