By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - what month do you think gt5 will cross 7 million sold on here

What month you think GT5 will cross 7 million on vgchartz

sept 11 12 17.65%

oct 11 2 2.94%

nov 11 15 22.06%

dec 11 12 17.65%

jan 12 7 10.29%

feb 12 2 2.94%

march 12 3 4.41%

april 12 1 1.47%

may 12 2 2.94%

jan 14 12 17.65%

Total:68
pezus said:
Halo_Reach said:

yeah but before it did 20k for 3 weeks in a row it did sub 20k for like 11 weeks in a row

Just look at the sales graph at the gamrReview page please.

Week 24: 6.18 millions

Week 30: 6.30 millions

It sold 120k for the last 6 weeks; average = 20k/week.

they must of did some edit cause i seen it do sub 20k for like 10 weeks plus in a row, at that rate it would be over 13 weeks to move 200k, either way sales have slowed down a ton and i still dont see it reaching 7 million sold this year, holiday or not, unless they start with a permanant bundle

Around the Network
pezus said:
Halo_Reach said:
pezus said:
Halo_Reach said:

yeah but before it did 20k for 3 weeks in a row it did sub 20k for like 11 weeks in a row

they must of did some edit cause i seen it do sub 20k for like 10 weeks plus in a row, at that rate it would be over 13 weeks to move 200k, either way sales have slowed down a ton and i still dont see it reaching 7 million sold this year, holiday or not, unless they start with a permanant bundle

Yeah, that was before it reached 6.18 millions ;).

Well, it only really needs an average of 25k/week for the rest of the year to reach 7 million by the end of it. Now it's doing 20k-25k and it may drop back down to 10k-15k but the holidays will raise it up again to maybe 40k-70k for a few weeks. I say it will just manage to reach it.

what gives you the impression it will do 40-70k during holidays? when other big hitting titles will be out, plus forza 4 will be out soon and it is gonna be pretty sweet, I am sure it will sway a few people that wont give it a chance, finally give it a chance- i dont think gt5 will approach 40k a week ever again, everyone that wants it knows about it and it isnt a mainstream game where someone will get it now that had not yet, just my thoughts

Gran turismo plantium will out 5 octobre 2011 so it should sold 7 millions before the end of year.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

It wont sell one copy. Hehe!

slipknotfan said:

Oh my :-O.Are u serious?

Around the Network
Mordred11 said:
slipknotfan said:

Oh my :-O.Are u serious?

Uhh no. That was my sarcasm!

This holiday, maybe sooner depending on adjustments

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Halo_Reach said:
pezus said:
Halo_Reach said:
pezus said:
Halo_Reach said:

Well, it only really needs an average of 25k/week for the rest of the year to reach 7 million by the end of it. Now it's doing 20k-25k and it may drop back down to 10k-15k but the holidays will raise it up again to maybe 40k-70k for a few weeks. I say it will just manage to reach it.

what gives you the impression it will do 40-70k during holidays? when other big hitting titles will be out, plus forza 4 will be out soon and it is gonna be pretty sweet, I am sure it will sway a few people that wont give it a chance, finally give it a chance- i dont think gt5 will approach 40k a week ever again, everyone that wants it knows about it and it isnt a mainstream game where someone will get it now that had not yet, just my thoughts

Thats like saying killzone is gonna hurt halo sales.  I personally wouldn't be surprised to see weeks over 100k during the holidays. Escpecially if it gets a price cut. And if it has bundles it will be masssive. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
Halo_Reach said:
pezus said:
Halo_Reach said:
pezus said:
Halo_Reach said:

Thats like saying killzone is gonna hurt halo sales.  I personally wouldn't be surprised to see weeks over 100k during the holidays. Escpecially if it gets a price cut. And if it has bundles it will be masssive. 

except killzone never impacted halo 's sales cause the series never scored critically or sold as much as halo, forza on the other hand always outscores gt its just word of mouth travels slow to hardcore sony fans stuck on one brand, for instance I have a few die hard sony fan friends that wont even touch forza cause it isnt a sony game, but if they were to play it and see that is pretty much better in everyway, with online being way better on forza they would like it, but it takes time to convince them you know, but sooner or later...

pezus said:
Halo_Reach said:
leatherhat said:
Halo_Reach said:
pezus said:
Halo_Reach said:
pezus said:
Halo_Reach said:

except killzone never impacted halo 's sales cause the series never scored critically or sold as much as halo, forza on the other hand always outscores gt its just word of mouth travels slow to hardcore sony fans stuck on one brand, for instance I have a few die hard sony fan friends that wont even touch forza cause it isnt a sony game, but if they were to play it and see that is pretty much better in everyway, with online being way better on forza they would like it, but it takes time to convince them you know, but sooner or later...

Killzone 2 has the same metascore as Halo Reach ;)

i never go off meta score, for the simple fact that every playstation mag/site gives every ps3 exclusive a 10 or 9.5...I only go by gamespot.com, they are by far the most brital honest review out there, by the way they did give killzone 2 a 9, which is fantastic so I know it is no slouch, but they gave halo 3 a 9.5 , still killzone 2 is a AAA title, also go by long lasting comunity, Halo 3 still has lots of daily players while killzone is lucky to have 150 people on at any given time, while halo has 118,000 on right now