By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if Nintendo and Apple merged?

Do you think it would be possitive?

No way. Don't like monopolies. 12 19.67%

No way. It doesn't help any of them. 9 14.75%

No way. I like what gaming is today. 10 16.39%

Yes, bring it on. 16 26.23%

If they merge, Sony will ... 5 8.20%

If they merge, Microsoft ... 8 13.11%

Total:60
gurglesletch said:
badgenome said:

If it happened today, you could be playing Mario Party 15 on your iPad 36 by this time next year. Sounds like a perfect fit.

It would be the first $500 console that actually sells well!

If we ignore the PS3's existence!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
gurglesletch said:
badgenome said:

If it happened today, you could be playing Mario Party 15 on your iPad 36 by this time next year. Sounds like a perfect fit.

PS3 didn't start taking off till after it was well below 500.

sethnintendo said:
darthdevidem01 said:
gurglesletch said:
badgenome said:

I thought he meant that as a starting price system. Anyway at that price nor will Apple-Nintendo's $500 system.

If not sony, MS would never let Apple do that well in games console market.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
sethnintendo said:
darthdevidem01 said:
gurglesletch said:
badgenome said:

I thought he meant that as a starting price system. Anyway at that price nor will Apple-Nintendo's $500 system.

If not sony, MS would never let Apple do that well in games console market.

I don't see Nintendo ever wanting to merge with any company.  Just not what they are about.  They would rather be in control than have to listen to Apple execs telling them what to do.   If anything Apple will slowly work it's way into home console gaming like they are doing with iPad and the newer os.  More competition the better I suppose?  I don't see 4 companies being able to compete successfully in the home console market but perhaps if the video game industry expands enough then it could support 4.

kowenicki said:
Nipple?

If so, then it's confirmed it won't be touch screen only, but dual analogic too.

Around the Network

lol belive me apple doesnt give a crap about nintendo, its a much bigger company with a lot more focuses than just gaming (and why merge with nintendo if they can do it without them?)

Then we would continue to get the features of nintendo consoles at the cost of sony ones...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

if that happens, i will be homeless

4lc0h0l said:
lol belive me apple doesnt give a crap about nintendo, its a much bigger company with a lot more focuses than just gaming (and why merge with nintendo if they can do it without them?)

But they cant do it as well as them. and id like to see angry birds sell for 50 dollars lol. 

Apple is too cool for that.