By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - zelda oot is selling well

Well it is only the greatest game ever made haha. It better be selling right. I mean I continuously have to keep telling myself to not get a 3DS to get this game.

Around the Network
glimmer_of_hope said:
NYANKS said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
Pristine20 said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
non-gravity said:
I heard that Nintendo only shipped a limited supply to prevent it from dropping into cheap-o-bins too quickly like the last DS zelda

You heard wrong Troll. Surprising coming from a person playing nothing but Playstation games.

Wow, guess it's easy to spot a nintendrone.

Ummm what ever that means.

It means you may have misconstrued the original poster's intent.  Yes he could have said "bargain bin" instead, but you can't just assume he's trolling, maybe that's just how he calls it.  Seeing as he has about 3,000 more posts than you and you're the one blatantly calling people names, you might want to watch for mods. 

He was probably referring to this:  http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/30/rumor-ocarina-of-time-3d-to-see-limited-initial-release/

LOL whatever dude. What does 3000 more posts then me even mean? So your saying because he has more posts...he's in the right?? It is clear that this thread was made to congradulate OOT for selling well, in a Nintendo thread. He comes along and spouts out "cheap-o-bins" and hinting the reason it is selling well is because Nintendo capped shipment. Every single person had something good to say except him. Are you aware what a Troll is ? 

"An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" or "Message Board Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums.  A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion.  Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war."

And thats what he did. If people are trolling, they get called on it. You only have to watch for Mods when you do something wrong.

I already explained the "cheap-o bin" thing.  Even some Nintendo fans are using the low shipment argument as a reason it may have sold  so "low" in Japan.  He made an observation.  If you think he's trolling, report him and see what mods say.  All I'm saying is that by calling people a troll blatantly you run the risk of getting moderated yourself.  It's your call man.

NYANKS said:

Hey! Listen!

I have more posts than all 3 of you combined so. Hey! Listen!

Nintendo sell games and as a business,  you'd want to sell as many units as fast as possible at the full price. There's absolutely no reason to undership. They just under estimated because 3DS is starving for great games. Zelda just happen to be the first of the must haves that even Nintendo didn't expect to sell gangbuster.

NYANKS said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
NYANKS said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
Pristine20 said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
non-gravity said:
I heard that Nintendo only shipped a limited supply to prevent it from dropping into cheap-o-bins too quickly like the last DS zelda

You heard wrong Troll. Surprising coming from a person playing nothing but Playstation games.

It means you may have misconstrued the original poster's intent.  Yes he could have said "bargain bin" instead, but you can't just assume he's trolling, maybe that's just how he calls it.  Seeing as he has about 3,000 more posts than you and you're the one blatantly calling people names, you might want to watch for mods. 

He was probably referring to this:  http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/30/rumor-ocarina-of-time-3d-to-see-limited-initial-release/

LOL whatever dude. What does 3000 more posts then me even mean? So your saying because he has more posts...he's in the right?? It is clear that this thread was made to congradulate OOT for selling well, in a Nintendo thread. He comes along and spouts out "cheap-o-bins" and hinting the reason it is selling well is because Nintendo capped shipment. Every single person had something good to say except him. Are you aware what a Troll is ? 

"An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" or "Message Board Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums.  A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion.  Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war."

And thats what he did. If people are trolling, they get called on it. You only have to watch for Mods when you do something wrong.

I already explained the "cheap-o bin" thing.  Even some Nintendo fans are using the low shipment argument as a reason it may have sold  so "low" in Japan.  He made an observation.  If you think he's trolling, report him and see what mods say.  All I'm saying is that by calling people a troll blatantly you run the risk of getting moderated yourself.  It's your call man.

I'd listen to Nyanks on this one. Calling someone a troll without competent evidence his intent was to troll could be seen as harrasment or trolling yourself. I would report someone and leave it to the mods to figure out if your complaint is valid. Also the Nintendrone comment is flame bait if I've ever seen it. Just avoid attacking other users without clear grounds and if you have clear grounds it's better to inform a mod of the comments rather then attack the other users integrity!

As for this whole he has 3,000 more posts then you. That doesn't mean anything I've been here longer then many members with more posts then me. I've been banned twice, infact if you have a radiculous post count in a short period of time that doesn't really help your case. Mod's don't care if you have 1,000 posts or 10,000 posts they are going to judge fairly (Hopefully).

As for under shipping. Galaki is right it is not in Nintendo's interest to undership right now. 3DS sales are low infact so low that PSP has beaten 3DS some weeks. That is very sad and if Nintendo has a chance to increase those sales through a game like OoT they aren't going to undership. Nintendo wants to shift as much hardware as possible and undershipping would damage 3DS's hardware sales.

Even if 3DS hardware wasn't selling poorly Nintendo is facing investor anger over the shortage of income. Nintendo needs to desperatly show investors that its software will sell. Undershipping would lead investors to believe Nintendo is incompetent and that Nintendo isn't selling enough software.

Nintendo needs the income, they need the hardware sales and they need OoT to sell well. They can't afford to and wouldn't be dumb enough to undership.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

NYANKS said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
NYANKS said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
Pristine20 said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
non-gravity said:

Off-topic

I think we need to drop the ''You're a troll'' nomenclature nonsense. 

It would be cool of there was a tracking feature on each profile that counts how many times each user has said: ''troll, flame, flamebait, flaming, troll, trolling...'' etc.

Would to some extent stop people from throwing around terms that again and again manage to spoil any meaningful discussion.

On-topic

I don't have money for a 3DS at the moment, so I find myself in a difficult situation. Mario,Metroi,Zelda games appeal to me as much as any, and I have yet to play this game long enough. Only played the free version that came with Wind Waker for a few hours, and under-appreciated it somehow. This feels like the perfect opportunity to finally play the classic properly.

The problem is that I will be able to afford a 3DS only by the time the Vita comes out. It's going to be a battle royal for my money, and I have no idea which way I'll go.

So before you call me a troll for bringing PSV into the discussion; An important question surround this game is whether it can tempt the core to adopt the 3DS before Vita comes out. IMO the answer would be that it makes a very strong case.

Around the Network

I'll bring this back on topic:

Great sales, the game truly deserves it. Hopefully this will help 3DS hardware sales pick up as well.

That's great that OOT is selling great but was anybody else bothered that the evidence to support the high numbers is Amazon.com and a bunch of people seeing it sold out in local stores. I mean i remember everybody claiming game X was high up on Amazon and sold out everywhere they went but when actual numbers came out they weren't that great?

Hope it sells a lot though.

it should sell very well, people have been clamouring for a remake of this for a long time, i tried it in HMV the visuals are much much improved

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

NYANKS said:

I was looking for the word "bargain bin" but couldn't come up with it.

Good I hope it sells out and reaches a very high number. We shall see some 3DS shifted now.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d