By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - zelda oot is selling well

I thought I read Nintendo wouldn't ship that many copies but that could be for Japan..

Anyway good news :).

Around the Network
Galaki said:
NYANKS said:

Hey! Listen!

I have more posts than all 3 of you combined so. Hey! Listen!

Nintendo sell games and as a business,  you'd want to sell as many units as fast as possible at the full price. There's absolutely no reason to undership. They just under estimated because 3DS is starving for great games. Zelda just happen to be the first of the must haves that even Nintendo didn't expect to sell gangbuster.

My post comment was only meant to imply that mods who see an argument between a good poster with 10,000 posts and no mod history and a new person with 100 posts and who is blatantly insulting someone might subconsciously favor the proven poster.  I'm not saying it's right, but when you have no history and are kind of breaking the rules.....

I never said post count REALLY means anything, but it could be perceived like that by mods.

Edit: And I figured that undershipping thing could be valid because Nintendo likes to have their games have high value.  If you ship too much and they end up in the bargain bin (like Spirit Tracks in Japan), you may be devaluing your game.  I'm not saying I'm right, you could totally be right.  Just trying to cover all the angles lol.

Paul said:
They sold out at the microplay that I had reserved a copy at. I showed up a day late so they had already sold my copy. Punks!!!

Damn, that isnt good service at all, if you have a Dimension in your area go there instead ; ).

hope that this will lauch the 3ds. I will probably buy OOT and a 3ds soon...

I've just been playing it recently and it seriously is still one of the best games ever. The music is so good.

Around the Network

Finally got the game, great so far, I haven/t played it since the original was released.

Not surprise, but I'm happy to hear this :)

I'm not surprised its selling well but i will be surprised if it has anything more than a mild impact on hardware sales -- after all didn't anyone own a N64, Gamecube or Wii where the game has been released before?

It completely deserves it
I'm loving it and 1 month ago i wasn't able to play more than the 1st dungeon of Ocarina of Time on Virtual Console

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

NYANKS said:
Galaki said:
NYANKS said:

Hey! Listen!

I have more posts than all 3 of you combined so. Hey! Listen!

Nintendo sell games and as a business,  you'd want to sell as many units as fast as possible at the full price. There's absolutely no reason to undership. They just under estimated because 3DS is starving for great games. Zelda just happen to be the first of the must haves that even Nintendo didn't expect to sell gangbuster.

My post comment was only meant to imply that mods who see an argument between a good poster with 10,000 posts and no mod history and a new person with 100 posts and who is blatantly insulting someone might subconsciously favor the proven poster.  I'm not saying it's right, but when you have no history and are kind of breaking the rules.....

I never said post count REALLY means anything, but it could be perceived like that by mods.

Edit: And I figured that undershipping thing could be valid because Nintendo likes to have their games have high value.  If you ship too much and they end up in the bargain bin (like Spirit Tracks in Japan), you may be devaluing your game.  I'm not saying I'm right, you could totally be right.  Just trying to cover all the angles lol.

Any mod worth their salt will never automatically assume the person with the higher post count is the "good poster" or assume they are in the right just because they are more active. A person can easily have 1000 post and only have 10 of them being worthwhile or actually be in the form of a full paragraph. However if you have a praise thread and then someone comes in and becomes all negative that would cause someone to take notice as it stands out. Why come into the thread, in the Nintendo section of the forum, if you have nothing positive to add other then to make trouble.

Anyway. I'm glad the game seems to be doing well. Enjoying playing the game again myself.