By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has Sony been left in the last generation?

LOL...

All three consoles are equally next generation. Why? They replace their ancestors.

I don't believe a descendent in a family has to be better than his/her predecessors to be considered part of the next generation, although generations do tend to be somewhat different from one another.

Around the Network

I'm sure this has been posted many times on this site, but I think it's apt in this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFoyp71xw3w

"Sony doesn't buy exclusives, they earn them"

- Jack Tretton
- Leo-J

If this thread creates the perception, that to be the true "next gen console" means to have the best sales, then yes Nintendo is the most next gen of all.
But
Maybe people were and still are simply not ready for the "new generation" IMO Microsoft jumped the gun, causing Sony to do the same.

IMO Sony and Microsoft have taken gaming in the right direction. Fact of the matter is though, that direction is too complicated and/or expensive for most people to jump on board with.

IMO An evolution or progression of gaming has occurred with Sony and Microsoft.

IMO Nintendo has just created a PS2 with a parallel control scheme at a comparatively low price point. The masses love this because they pay attention to marketing, and enjoy having more money. And who doesn't love Mario?

You ask- was Sony left in last generation?
The answer is No, they (and Microsoft)have created a new generation
The rest of the world was left in last generation. with the wii.

True innovation will never be accepted (at first) on a grand scale.
Enjoy your Nintendo you Sheep.
But know if the world ended tomorrow, you will have to die like everyone else knowing that you made the choice to own a wii.
I hope you all choke

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

I just went off there, sorry.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network
ultraslick said:
If this thread creates the perception, that to be the true "next gen console" means to have the best sales, then yes Nintendo is the most next gen of all.
But
Maybe people were and still are simply not ready for the "new generation" IMO Microsoft jumped the gun, causing Sony to do the same.

IMO Sony and Microsoft have taken gaming in the right direction. Fact of the matter is though, that direction is too complicated and/or expensive for most people to jump on board with.

IMO Nintendo has just created a PS2 with a parallel control scheme at a comparatively low price point. The masses love this because they pay attention to marketing, and enjoy having more money. And who doesn't love Mario?

But know if the world ended tomorrow, you will have to die like everyone else knowing that you made the choice to own a wii.
I hope you all choke

I will and my 4 extra games.

ultraslick said:
But

I hope you all choke

Sigh, some people just can't handle the bitter truth. I don't know why people are so fixated on MS/Sony's direction for gaming being the true path of next gen, I don't see how narrowing gaming by focusing on only a handful of genres is next gen philosophy? Wouldn't expanding gaming be the key? Nintendo is trying to take gaming further, trying to evolve it. Sony and MS are just trying to focus on what worked last gen and refine it. And why oh why is the Wii a PS2 when last generation no one would have ever dreamt of comparing the PS2 to the Xbox in graphics?

Next gen for me = batter graphics ... when we will reach the point that we cannot get batter looking visuals , than we will have tim eto change how gameplay works ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

leo-j said:
Legend11 said:
You can have great gameplay and great graphics in the same game, why do some people seem to think they are mutally exclusive things?

Because they have a wii, and because all of there games have good gameplay but will never look good.

Resident evil 4 on the Wii looked pretty damn good to me.

hunter_alien said:
Next gen for me = batter graphics ... when we will reach the point that we cannot get batter looking visuals , than we will have tim eto change how gameplay works ...

That's like saying, "A good movie for me is one with great special effects, we can worry about plot and acting later."

Reading your words I can't help but invision my 12 year old cousin as that sounds exactly like something he would say.