By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why can't I express my opinion?

blkfish92 said:
Barozi said:
geeez it was only one day. Get over it.

That's immature of you to say, and the one day banning isn't what I'm arguing against, it's the fact that I was unjustly banned. Why would I sit by while forum coruption is going on, to me at that?

Some facts:

- You trolled Kinect by saying "This looks awsome!!! oh wait it's kinect". Needless to say that you already knew it was on Kinect before making that statement.
- You said the E3 demo of Star Wars Kinect "looked like poo"
- You called Star Wars Kinect "the crappyest pile of poo microsoft displayed, I'd rather buy kinect disney than star wars steaming pile of dirty poo poo." and "a giant pile of poo" and the controls are "quite the poo"
- Someone reported you for saying that, which means someone felt offended by your post.
- You have been warned for doing something similar 2 weeks ago.

Around the Network
blkfish92 said:
Torillian said:
blkfish92 said:
Torillian said:
You can have an opinion, just don't word it in a way that's meant to annoy people. Things like:
"This looks awsome!!!
Oh wait it's kinect... and the e3 demo looked like poo."

come off as trolling while if you had said:
"Well personally I was unimpressed with the E3 demo and am still fairly sure that the game is on rails so I've lost all excitement for it, which is sad because like any Star Wars fan I would love to play a game with true 1:1 lightsaber action"

then you'd be ok. To me there's an obvious difference between those two.

No there isn't a difference one is oversimplified and the other is a sentence or 2 of the same thing I said except much more formally, whom ever would post the way your example shows should also deserve to get banned according the rules here as it's completely bashing on the game, yet my obviously oversimplistic way got me banned a day. I beg to differ as to I shouldn't have been banned.

Feel free to bring it to Machina, but he'll say the same thing.  Trolling is largely based on apparent intention and one of those two statements is meant to continue a legitimate conversation while the other is just meant to insult a game with snide sarcastic remarks, one will get moderated and the other won't.  I probably would have kept to just a warning but I'm ok with Kantor's decision to go with a minimal ban.

So I assume you don't want to fight the fact that I was injustly banned minimally? You do have the power to do so, yet again it would be a severe waste of time I'm sure, so in doing so you probably will not accomplish anything to begin with so I don't blame you really. It really bothers me to an extent how I will not recieve my, "Just deserts" so to speak.

you misunderstand.  I am not overturning the ban because while Kantor and my approaches differ on what we would do for this moderation I am ok with him giving you a one day ban and do not think it should be overturned.  I agree with the ban though it isn't what I would have done personally.

Fab_GS said:
blkfish92 said:
CaptainObvious said:
blkfish92 said:
Barozi said:

That's immature of you to say, and the one day banning isn't what I'm arguing against, it's the fact that I was unjustly banned. Why would I sit by while forum coruption is going on, to me at that?

You have the rights to fight an unfair banned and i agree a %100 with you. That was an unfair banned I seen plenty of trolls like me say pointless things or stuff that start a flame war and never get banned for it.

I've seen plenty of those guys ^(If I say it I may be reported probably)

Also, edit that! You used the, "No-no word!" ^

You're really overreacting. If you've seen "trolls", then REPORT them instead of complaining. A mod will take care of him/her. It's that simple.

If you've noticed I'm still new to this site, I've seen those guys ^(Probably shouldn't say the word) but haven't got to the reporting, trust me from now on if I see a legitamit one I'll report them.

-Update_

Thread is locked by the supreme, "Machina" I suppose it's true that you can't ever truly serve,"Just deserts," and people with the slightest amount of power, especially new power recently given tend to take advantage and enjoy to showcase what they're capable of as a test, otherwise I might as well have gotten banned much longer.

Furthermore, if all the moderators agree with each other, it's simply that they're obviously in cohouts with each other completely, and have to wait for their leader to make a decision, otherwise some other newly admissioned moderator would've locked the thread not their leader.

Fab_GS said:
blkfish92 said:
CaptainObvious said:
blkfish92 said:
Barozi said:

You have the rights to fight an unfair banned and i agree a %100 with you. That was an unfair banned I seen plenty of trolls like me say pointless things or stuff that start a flame war and never get banned for it.

I've seen plenty of those guys ^(If I say it I may be reported probably)

Also, edit that! You used the, "No-no word!" ^

You're really overreacting. If you've seen "trolls", then REPORT them instead of complaining. A mod will take care of him/her. It's that simple.

Pretty well said, further more somtimes mods make mistakes, most of the time the ban also has to do with ones past mod histroy with subject at hand either being the offense or what is being attacked in the useage of trolling.

Former something....

To be honest, it seems like the way you are talking in this thread is almost asking for another ban. You're being patronizing and accusatory.

Around the Network

You were banned because you lied, simple as that. Star Wars Kinect clearly=/= poo. It's just a low quality on rails kinect game which people had high hopes for. :P

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius