By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So do you think nintendo will charge for online.

well yea do you think they will? i mean if its better than what sony and microsoft are offering i cant see them not chrarging.

Around the Network

I already pay for live and I'm not going to pay for two identical services. Nintendo knows that most people won't do this especially the casual crowd.

Absolutely, positively, 100%, not even a consideration that Nintendo will charge for Online.

Ethiopia will become the richest nation on Earth before Nintendo charges for online.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

pezus said:
No, because I don't think their online will be on par with 360.

This.

I highly doubt their online system will rival Xbox Live or even PSN for many years if ever. If they do charge, it better be a lifetime fee or a much lower annual fee than XBL or PSN+.

They aren't charging for the 3DS, why would they on the Wii U?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

I have no idea what they are planning to do with their online service. Still, i honestly don`t believe that Nintendo will charge for whatever it introduces.

yea but i remember miyamoto saying a while back that he had a choice to charge for the wii's online(dont laugh). and im thinking he didnt go through with it because he knew the online for the wii sucked bad lol.

They won't charge for playing games online, no way. That's not to say they may not find other attractive ways to get some kind of return from customers. They may have DLC or add-ons in some games (their 3rd parties definitely will) - but in a way that is meaningful, not just selling you cut content.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Nintendo will never charge for online for the simple fact that they view themselves as a products company, not a services company.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I highly doubt Nintendo will charge you for online, but third parties will.

Let's not forget that in this generation they have introduced two seals for online, blue-free to play and red-pay to play. Remember how Monster Hunter Tri was pay to play in Japan but free to play for the rest? This may be the norm now, with 3rd parties being the ones who decide (so we will have to pay).

Edit: Here are the logos :

FREE          NOT FREE   

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.