By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sucks for Canucks

Joelcool7 said:
novasonic said:
Yeah I live in Metro Vancouver. The fact that people so small, uneducated, and pathetic live here makes me so ashamed. And the riot police not having the balls to bring out the water canons or tear gas. I'm at a loss for words. Absolutely the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

Umm I have two friends stuck in downtown Vancouver. One just posted on FaceBook that police started firing tear gas into the crowd and he was hit. He said he's desperatly trying to get out but police have blocked several roads and riot police are all over the place. My other friend is in a sports bar waiting for the violence to stop before making his get away.

Now apparently the police have not started using battons and actually assualting the rioters. But CBC just showed flash Bangs being used by the police. I'd say tear gas and flash bangs should do the trick.

But I have one question for the police in Vancouver, you want everyone to go home but you block the roads? WTF! Also the city was asking for this, they put up jumboscreen tv's across the city and asked Canuck fans from across BC to come to Vancouver and watch the game in the city. They had over ten thousand people at one point in the streets. They knew what happened in 94 yet they actually asked fans to come. They knew this would happen and encouraged it.

As for the Bruins fans acting so civil. Canadian's apparently being uncivil. Dude I've watched on Spike's Most Amazing videos and Police video's dozens of riots from Football games some where people were actually trampled to death by the mobs. Then Canadian's in Boston for the game just a week ago were assualted and urinated on. Fact is people from all countries who get passionate about sports act uncivil to each other.

Today the Canuck fans might be going nuts but what about the Bruin's fans last week, or the thousands of football games that go nuts in the USA. Or how about Soccer, I went to a game in Thailand and military troops seperated the teams fans. One set of fans on one side the other fans on the other and armed troops in between. Apparently the games have gotten bloody in the past.

So don't get all high and mighty on how civil American's are, Canadian's probably aren't more civil but they certainly are not any worse then the nut jobs in Boston. Or the nut jobs in India or the nut jobs in Britian or France or virtually every country with sports!

I never said anything about Americans or any other countries people being more civil. I said that the socially handycapped Canuck fans that started rioting should be lined up and shot. They must have brought out the tear gas after I stopped watching TV. I was just too embarressing to watch the whole thing. Anyone who thinks it's ok to damage a random person's property after their sports team loses is a waste of good air and life. There is no excuse for that. Pathetic.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Around the Network

Pfft...they call that a riot?

Go see Greece for what a real riot looks like...

Meh, they should consider themselves lucky they even made it to the finals. My 8th seeded Hawks were only one goal away from coming back from an 0-3 defecit and knocking them out of the playoffs in the first round.

Being a Sabres fan I hate Boston
I put the hate aside because I respect Tim Thomas immensely. I'm glad he has a ring

now back to hating boston

I didn't know the G-8 were meeting in Vancouver last night

The canucks like to dive and then look pitifully at the officials

Around the Network

Makes me wonder if all these writers still think that Henrik and Daniel are MVP material (We all know Daniel is winning it this year). Last I checked MVPs don't choke when the pressure mounts.

They can go join with Alexander Ovenchicken.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

mhsillen said:
I didn't know the G-8 were meeting in Vancouver last night

The canucks like to dive and then look pitifully at the officials

I was about the bring that up, infact Toronto G8 riots look much more tamed now. 

apparently a number of officers were actually bitten by these punks

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Chicago fans getting their panties in a bunch...love it.

Bruins deserved it more, and congrats to them. Hated Lucic during the series, but now that it's over I can go back to liking him. Hopefully this disappointment is embedded in the team's mind and they use it constructively next season.

Also, I'm interested to see who's back...Torres, Higgins, Salo, Bieksa, Ehrhoff? Think Ehrhoff might be gone...puck moving D tend to be overpaid Canada Day, something that doesn't jive well with Gillis's model. Hope the others are back...Sami for one last kick at the cup.

As for the rioters, that's what happens when a large part of the city climbs on the bandwagon..."You beat the local team I'm cheering for...I know, I'll set fires and break windows. That'll teach you to beat my team!" Hopefully a lot of them will be arrested...Police urging people to send them pictures, videos and boasts/bragging on social media websites, in order to arrest them. I wonder if many of these same people were part of the pre-Olympic riot. It's a shame, since the Olympics were wonderful in regards to a lack of violence to people and property.

The best the cops can do now is protect themselves and limit the damage to public and private property. With the cameras rolling any use of force means another lawsuit. They should change the words 'government' and 'police' to 'taxpayers' when the latest media cause celebre and victim du jour gets the next payout. These people aren't hockey or Canuck fans they're just drunken troublemakers. So brave when they know the police have their hands tied behind their backs. Not sure who they're so pissed off at. The refs? It's ironic that the cameras they were posing for will help identify them. Love the picture of the couple playing tonsil hockey with the riot police in the background.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Love+among+ruins+Photographer+discusses+Vancouver+Riot+Kiss+photo/4959434/story.html

I really enjoyed hearing the Van fans roaring out our national anthem but Vancouver is 5k miles from where I'm sitting and I've been cheering for the Bruins and Celtics my whole life. I'm not going to change now obviously. To me anyone who lets himself get tapped in the face without retaliating is asking for another and the bad guy in that little incident (Marchand) will be parading THE CUP through my hometown. 18 other Canadian towns will hail homegrown heroes with hockey's holy grail. Sorry Mr.s Sedin but playing NHL hockey is about more than making a no-look pass and it's perfectly legal for the goalie to knock you on your talented ass. Not many sports events are better entertainment than a good video game for me anymore. That series was worth watching.