By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sucks for Canucks

was reading over 150 arrested so far today . a bunch were also apparently part of the nonsense during the olympics so they supposedly werent hard to track down

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
apparently a number of officers were actually bitten by these punks

This is how the zombie apocalypse starts!!!

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

anyone in BC want to help out
www.identifyrioters.com

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
was reading over 150 arrested so far today . a bunch were also apparently part of the nonsense during the olympics so they supposedly werent hard to track down

Apparently some of them are "Professional Rioters"...they go across events in Canada and start riots. Seriously, who does that? I mean really, nothing better to do than cause a commotion?

izaaz101 said:
MrBubbles said:

Apparently some of them are "Professional Rioters"...they go across events in Canada and start riots. Seriously, who does that? I mean really, nothing better to do than cause a commotion?

Not just Canada, I know when the G8 riots occured apparently masked rioters were arrested who came from Europe to riot. The news reported that these thugs travel from place to place just to riot and ruin stuff. I know already people are saying non-Canadian's were involved in the Vancouver riots. Proffesional rioters from across Canada and the world attacked Vancouver.

Thats not to say their weren't tons of Canadian A-holes but these proffesional rioters really piss me off. They go from event to event just to start riots.

Also anyone watching the news today? Apparently thousands of Vancouver citizens rallied in the streets to clean up the mess these jack asses made. Volunteers were equiped by the authorities and cleaned up Vancouver in one day. Apparently almost all the garbage and debris has been cleaned up.

It just goes to show you, Vancouver has some ass holes but the citizens are great people who will get together denounce the violence and clean up the city. I hope the international media reports on these volunteers who helped clean the city, give the other side of Vancouver the side all BC'ers and infact Canadian's can be proud of!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network
izaaz101 said:
Chicago fans getting their panties in a bunch...love it.

Bruins deserved it more, and congrats to them. Hated Lucic during the series, but now that it's over I can go back to liking him. Hopefully this disappointment is embedded in the team's mind and they use it constructively next season.

Also, I'm interested to see who's back...Torres, Higgins, Salo, Bieksa, Ehrhoff? Think Ehrhoff might be gone...puck moving D tend to be overpaid Canada Day, something that doesn't jive well with Gillis's model. Hope the others are back...Sami for one last kick at the cup.

As for the rioters, that's what happens when a large part of the city climbs on the bandwagon..."You beat the local team I'm cheering for...I know, I'll set fires and break windows. That'll teach you to beat my team!" Hopefully a lot of them will be arrested...Police urging people to send them pictures, videos and boasts/bragging on social media websites, in order to arrest them. I wonder if many of these same people were part of the pre-Olympic riot. It's a shame, since the Olympics were wonderful in regards to a lack of violence to people and property.

Yes im a chicago fan. but no im not getting my panties in a bunch. We won the cup last year so I'm content. Ontop of that we barely made it into the playoffs. I didn't expect much from them at all and couldnt care less they got eliminated... what i care about is how the cunucks are full of cry babies like your GM and divers like the sedins. the fan base is pretty embarrasing also. booing at the cup presentation? rioting? pathetic... show some respect. If your goaltender and stars showed up you would have had the cup... you kinda need to score a goal or 3 in game 7's to win them.

I think in the NHL stanley cup playoff thread i said vancover wont win it with louongo... and i stand by that statement. Louongo = Huet... an overpaid average goalie.

trasharmdsister12 said:
Max King of the Wild said:
the fan base is pretty embarrasing also. booing at the cup presentation? rioting?  

I'm not a Canucks fan, per se, but I believe they were booing at Bettman, not the cup presentation. I know I was.

This guy is the epitome of the rude Canadians I was talking about and people wonder why Bruins fans were peeing on rude booing Canadians. Really?

Vancover really shouldnt have made it passed the blackhawks to begin with. They are a bunch of dirty players who take dives and have a very mediocre goaltender. They needed their gm to cry about officiating... "i dont know how you can explain that discrepency" easily... the blackhawks were one of the least if not least penalized teams in the regular season... its only common sense they will be the least penalized in the playoffs. Lets also not take into consideration that they also got away with stuff... also their team turned into thugs towards the end of game 4... Just look at how many penalties they took in the series after the hawks one...

More importantly, in Game 7, the Blackhawks should have won in regular play, there was a whistle blown just as the puck was visibly going in past Luongo. It was a clear view of the puck from every camera. Game 7 should have ended in regulation 2-1. Wasnt the only time the Canucks were heavily favored by the refs.

But cheaters never prosper, as has been shown. Now their city has hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages, karma's a bitch, aint it? =D

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Yes im a chicago fan. but no im not getting my panties in a bunch. We won the cup last year so I'm content. Ontop of that we barely made it into the playoffs. I didn't expect much from them at all and couldnt care less they got eliminated... what i care about is how the cunucks are full of cry babies like your GM and divers like the sedins. the fan base is pretty embarrasing also. booing at the cup presentation? rioting? pathetic... show some respect. If your goaltender and stars showed up you would have had the cup... you kinda need to score a goal or 3 in game 7's to win them.

I think in the NHL stanley cup playoff thread i said vancover wont win it with louongo... and i stand by that statement. Louongo = Huet... an overpaid average goalie.

Gillis whining?  As far as I recall, he pointed out some interesting stats. The one who whined was your GM's daddy...he went into Terry Gregson's office and yelled, bitched, cried, whined on and on (and on) after going down 2-0 in the series...about the time the calls on penalties seemed to shift.

As far as diving, I would challenge you to show me a Daniel Sedin dive (Henrik is a notorious diver...as bad as Kane, I would say).

Bettman was being booed, like he always is in Canada and some American cities. Rioting was a black mark sure, as there were citizens joining in after some of the professional rioters began to start crap (turned a couple people on my facebook in, after they bragged about their escapades), but doesn't the clean up the streets in one day, by volunteers nonetheless, cancel that out?

And as far as Huet goes, I recall you calling him a good goalie last year, while I argued that he was crappy...although, I can't find anything on this 3.0....4.0...whatever we're at now.

Raze said:

More importantly, in Game 7, the Blackhawks should have won in regular play, there was a whistle blown just as the puck was visibly going in past Luongo. It was a clear view of the puck from every camera. Game 7 should have ended in regulation 2-1. Wasnt the only time the Canucks were heavily favored by the refs.

But cheaters never prosper, as has been shown. Now their city has hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages, karma's a bitch, aint it? =D

Do you have a video of the described play?

In the meantime, the entire NHL colluded in order to get the Hawks in the playoffs. I mean, how else can you explain this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7NAAMVGXZg&feature=related