By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Quarterly financial statements on the horizon.

Soon we'll have available the quarterly financial statements from the 3 console manufacturers concerning the last quarter of 2007. Besides the number of consoles shipped which will be very interesting on its own, they'll disclose financial details as well.

What's your prediction on it? I say Nintendo will register extraordinary profits. MS (devices division) discreet ones. Sony (computer entertainment division)... it's a tough call - but I'd say they gonna have losses. Hopefully nowhere close to the 841M of last quarter but losses nonetheless.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

January 11th right?

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Sony computer entertainment is ALL OF SONY, or just the gaming division?

mM

I say the big news will be Sony posting a loss of less than $100M, rofl ;)

Also, Nintendo will post huge profits (they "scamming" people with the Wii, probably making $100 on each Wii) and MS will either post a small profit or a small loss on the xbox/zune division.

Regarding sales to retail I expect the following:
- Wii = 6.5M consoles
- PS3 = 4.5M consoles
- 360 = 4M consoles

I know the numbers might sound crazy but that is my *biased* estimate. I did not research at all, just put numbers off my crazy head :)

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Generally speaking, we won't get these for another 3-4 weeks. MS in on 1/24, and Sony and Nintendo have been historically around the 25th. Will be fun though!

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Around the Network

Leo... you've got to be kidding. Computer entertainment division - what does that tell you? You really think movies, music or TVs are part of the computer entertainment division?

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

move along, nothing to see here

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
KruzeS: leo doesn't think, his hands move independently of his brain.

Ooii! Thats mean - don't hassle other users (including leo!) please.

There is only one number in these reports I really care about - the number of PS3 units Sony shipped.

I suspect they may have sold a LOT more than they have shipped - which leads to two things:

1/ Shipments for the next qrt may be a lot lower than expected, as retailers try and burn up stock before placing new orders.

2/ People may claim that PS3 worldwide sales have been largely undertracked (which won't actually be true).

I'm also hoping that Sony downgrades their PS3 projections for the fiscal year by at least 1m units - if not more. That will give them a lot of credibility IMO.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I can't wait. While it is great to have fairly good estimates on this site it is nonetheless most conclusive when it is released by the companies themselves.

The Wii is the biggest consumer scam ever...I mean giving the masses what they want? Pfft what a scam.

@topic,

Results will likely see marginal losses for Sony with possibility for small gain, MS will post a modest/moderate gain, and Nintendo will continue posting gaudy numbers. 

To Each Man, Responsibility