By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Quarterly financial statements on the horizon.

shams said:

Ooii! Thats mean - don't hassle other users (including leo!) please.

There is only one number in these reports I really care about - the number of PS3 units Sony shipped.

I suspect they may have sold a LOT more than they have shipped - which leads to two things:

1/ Shipments for the next qrt may be a lot lower than expected, as retailers try and burn up stock before placing new orders.

2/ People may claim that PS3 worldwide sales have been largely undertracked (which won't actually be true).

I'm also hoping that Sony downgrades their PS3 projections for the fiscal year by at least 1m units - if not more. That will give them a lot of credibility IMO.

Did you mean they may have *shipped* a lot more than they *sold*?  Or perhaps it's too late and my brain is already in bed...

Around the Network
Sqrl said:

The Wii is the biggest consumer scam ever...I mean giving the masses what they want? Pfft what a scam.

@topic,

Results will likely see marginal losses for Sony with possibility for small gain, MS will post a modest/moderate gain, and Nintendo will continue posting gaudy numbers.

ps3 is the biggest scam ever. basically a ps2 with prittier graphics and blu ray. pfft what a scam. should have kept my ps2 . whoops i sold it because it was crap

you might not like the wii but there are nearly 20 million users of it and most are happy. Im enjoying mine and so is most of my friends

on topic only interested in sonys numbers. ms will break even and nintendo will make a large profit 

I want wii fit and I want it now

marioblazer said:
Sqrl said:

The Wii is the biggest consumer scam ever...I mean giving the masses what they want? Pfft what a scam.

@topic,

Results will likely see marginal losses for Sony with possibility for small gain, MS will post a modest/moderate gain, and Nintendo will continue posting gaudy numbers.

ps3 is the biggest scam ever. basically a ps2 with prittier graphics and blu ray. pfft what a scam. should have kept my ps2 . whoops i sold it because it was crap

you might not like the wii but there are nearly 20 million users of it and most are happy. Im enjoying mine and so is most of my friends

on topic only interested in sonys numbers. ms will break even and nintendo will make a large profit

No its the Wii that is the scam, I mean who cares about sales anyways, all that should really matter is that the PS3 and 360 have better technology. Only have sales just means its a scam.

@mods, sorry I couldn't help it once he bit =P

To Each Man, Responsibility

As pointed out above, we won't be getting the Quarterly results for another month. Sony often gives Quarterly Earnings Announcements on the last Thursday of the month, which falls on Jan 31 next year, so we may have to wait sometime.

Most of the posts in this thread don't have anything to do with the topic, and are pretty childish. If you don't have anything constructive to post about the original topic, then please don't post this crap.

krik said:
I say the big news will be Sony posting a loss of less than $100M, rofl ;)

Also, Nintendo will post huge profits (they "scamming" people with the Wii, probably making $100 on each Wii) and MS will either post a small profit or a small loss on the xbox/zune division.

For this part , I agree with Krik. ( obviously talking about gaming division )

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
marioblazer said:
Sqrl said:

@topic,

No its the Wii that is the scam, I mean who cares about sales anyways, all that should really matter is that the PS3 and 360 have better technology. Only have sales just means its a scam.

Some people just don't get it, do they?

--

I predict Nintendo having massively higher profits, Microsoft having similar to last time and Sony being down to over $1 billion in losses in the gaming division due to higher PS3 sales.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

The only interesting is how much Sony will bleed on the game division if they bleed less then $600m after the new model and the highsales they should make some money in 2009. For Nintendo it will be very high profits and Microsoft should have some profit.

Man accountants really should work faster... why we have to wait 3/4 weeks after the quarter finishes I don't know... I say bring out the whips. :-p

It'll also be interesting to see if Sony decreases their PS3 sales forecast. As for losses, I think only Sony will lose money, Microsoft might lose money too but it's quite unlikely since they didn't cut prices in this quarter.

Monetary losses/profit:

Sony - losing between $200 and $600 million.
MS - worst case, about zero. Best case, making $500 million.
Nintendo - too tough to predict, but making at least $800 million.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Sqrl said:
marioblazer said:
Sqrl said:

@topic,

Hey Sqrl...you're a scam.

Now,scram.

The wii beat the ps3 without his two hands...

Wii ware-Fatal Frame 4-Street Fighter 4-Sonic Unleashed-guitare hero 3-Disaster-wii fit-mario kart-Sadness-Games who actually use Wii Board...i dont know but,...it seem big enough for me.By the way,im a proud owner of P.E.S 2008  Wii and it kill all the other soccer game.

My Wii code:3553-1619-3236-0339

my Brawl Code:0860-2912-9428