By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - inFAMOUS 2 Story Discussion Thread + inFAMOUS 3 predictions!

I couldn't wait any longer, i hope most of you got the chance to beat the game at least once. 

RULES

Try to split up the spoilers into the good ending vs the evil ending. That way people who only beat it once can be sure not to have the other half spoiled.

For example:

****GOOD ENDING SPOILERS*****

I can't believe Cole died

****EVIL ENDING SPOILERS****

I can't believe Zeke died

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so here are my thoughts on the story:

****GOOD ENDING SPOILERS*****

I liked this ending alot less than the evil one. Yeah Cole died, so that chance of getting an infamous 3 are slim to none, which kinda sucks. This makes me just think that infamous 3 will be about Kessler and his timeline. Either way, The lightning bolt at the end did have a shape like a question mark, so maybe he is alive. But meh everyone else is dead lol.

****EVIL ENDING SPOILERS****

I love this ending. It shows how desperate Kuo was to live. How awesome Zeke really is. How powerful the Beast is working side by side. And getting to kill Nix just felt good because of the way it was done lol. I teared and almost couldn't kill Zeke, but he was in the way. So bich had to go lol. It was also awesome to see new conduits rising, and Cole becoming the ultimate baddass. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What ending did you like most?

Anything you didnt understand about the story?

What will infamous 3 be about? Will there even be one?

Around the Network

bump......

*** Good Ending Spoilers ***

I'm thinking for the third game, that lightning bolt at the end means that all of the conduits didn't really die. Perhaps their vital signs were only gone for a brief period. If there is a third game, I think the conflict will be the mess of powerful and destructive conduits running around either by some side effect of the RFI that wasn't expected or-

*** Evil Ending Spoilers ***

Cole's handy work as the beast.

No doubt the better of the two endings for me. I think it can work into my thoughts of the Good ending for the third game. The difference is whether you'll be taking out conduits and going against them to increase your own standing in the world as a feared dictator/leader (evil) or Saving the world from the dangerous conduits out there while working with the good and becoming a respected leader (good).

No spoilers***

I noticed Cole was much more aggressive and stood up for himself a lot more in this game. In the first he was a bit of a lacky, and even admits to feeling like an errand boy at some point if memory serves. It worked well for the good story but made the evil story simple pointless. You basically blue up things easier and you didn't really look evil. Just pale and dirty.

In this game, Evil Cole actually looks--and thanks to a lot of his lines--feels evil. He also has a different posture. A more laid back and less noble one (not sure if you don't see it until he's fully inFamous, though). They may have toughened Cole up a bit too much though, cause it didn't work as well with the Good play through for me.

For me it would rank like this:

inF1 Good Playthrough > inF2 Evil Playthrough > inF2 Good Play through >inF1 Evil Playthrough

I prefer inF1's story because it felt more like a comic book to me while inF2 pushed more to be like a movie.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:

I'm thinking for the third game, that lightning bolt at the end means that all of the conduits didn't really die. Perhaps their vital signs were only gone for a brief period. If there is a third game, I think the conflict will be the mess of powerful and destructive conduits running around either by some side effect of the RFI that wasn't expected or-

No doubt the better of the two endings for me. I think it can work into my thoughts of the Good ending for the third game. The difference is whether you'll be taking out conduits and going against them to increase your own standing in the world as a feared dictator/leader (evil) or Saving the world from the dangerous conduits out there while working with the good and becoming a respected leader (good).

No spoilers***

I noticed Cole was much more aggressive and stood up for himself a lot more in this game. In the first he was a bit of a lacky, and even admits to feeling like an errand boy at some point if memory serves. It worked well for the good story but made the evil story simple pointless. You basically blue up things easier and you didn't really look evil. Just pale and dirty.

In this game, Evil Cole actually looks--and thanks to a lot of his lines--feels evil. He also has a different posture. A more laid back and less noble one (not sure if you don't see it until he's fully inFamous, though). They may have toughened Cole up a bit too much though, cause it didn't work as well with the Good play through for me.

inF1 Good Playthrough > inF2 Evil Playthrough > inF2 Good Play through >inF1 Evil Playthrough

I prefer inF1's story because it felt more like a comic book to me while inF2 pushed more to be like a movie.

Well that was the point of kessler to toughen him up and prepare him. Too add, i loved inf1 playthrough! Sasha made the game imo xD. I miss her, too bad she died lol. I agree that it does feel less like a comic book, but it does well to split both up imo. The cutscenes in part 1 just sucked monkey balls

radiantshadow92 said:
Dgc1808 said:

No spoilers***

Well that was the point of kessler to toughen him up and prepare him. Too add, i loved inf1 playthrough! Sasha made the game imo xD. I miss her, too bad she died lol. I agree that it does feel less like a comic book, but it does well to split both up imo. The cutscenes in part 1 just sucked monkey balls

Based off the evil ending, Cole will wise up to his dire mistake, and just as Kessler he'll develop his time travel ability and go back in time and make things "right"

Around the Network

^ that would be retarded lol

radiantshadow92 said:
Dgc1808 said:

No spoilers***

i loved sasha too :). and  um....she never died. She was still very much alive and kicking at the end of the game, thats how shoe kept speaking to you psychicly. in the comic Apparently she comes back after being caught by Moya but she is STILL alive. Actually, so is Alden for that matter at the end of IF1. The only villain that died was Kessler. Now depending on what the true outcome is for IF2, thats a whole nother story lol.

Hoping for some DLC with sasha ;)

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

There's definitely enough major Villians to support my idea for the third's story then^^

And it also sets the stage for characters with what ever over the top powers the devs can think of.

4 ≈ One

GOOD ENDING!!!!

I really don't know what to think about the meaning of the endings for the rest of the series. I rly hope its not over. I was so saddened by the Good playthru, i really felt for Kuo and her natural desire to live and respected Nix for her change of sides. I was so torn because i rly wanted to pick evil ending but i knew i couldn't(becuase of my karma lol)

what i will say tho is that the next game has to reinvent the "wheel", the morality wheel that is. It CANNOT use the good and evil, black and white spectrum because as that final delimma showed us, we are entering GRAY territory. The basic Idea of both options were not inherently evil or good, just different paths to a similar goal. Now the fact cole goes stomping around the city with The Beast by his side is evil but the rest was just self preservation and there is nothing wrong with wanting to live. It really touched on the weight of human life. if a life is priceless does it matter that you can save more than one priceless life by sacrificing another? Doesn't the fact that is is "priceless" negate all quantified logic that more is better than less? Or is the idea of saving the larger group of people as opposed to the minority worth it?

This was really what Kessler was preparing Cole for. The choice Kessler gave Cole in the first was a direct translation of this(Several Doctor's lives but ppl Cole didn't even know versus the life of one nurse,Trish, but Cole loved her).

Yet by game's end we are just left with SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!
1. Kessler tells John that he has a very important role to play. Did Kessler know John White was "The Beast"? OR...was what Cole assumed was the previously warned threat was just a pivot point of what was to come and Cole was the BEAST in question all along?
2. If Kessler did know about John, why did he not take him out when he had the chance?why let it to pass in the first place?
3.If Cole is dead then how did Kessler come to exist in the first place? Or r we working with a parralel dimension thing where kessler's timeline was never Coles as if it was there would not have been an issue in the first place. If that is true than Kessler caused the issue he meant to hinder or fix in the first place. If Kessler had never traveled back in time he would have never caused John to become the beast.
4. Was the trip rly only one way for Kessler when he came back in time? I was just playing the first game in preperation for the second and I re analyzed the dead drops. John said Kessler would frequently dissappear for long periods of time and no one knew where he was. Could he of been time hopping? If so where did he go? Could we see him pop back up in Cole's life maybe to save him from this horrible outcome?
5. How did Kessler obtain the ability to time travel in the first place?Was it an evolvation of his own ability or one stolen from another via machines like in Infamous 2?
6. By fullfilling the good ending, aren't you just doing what bertrand wanted? to exstinguish all conduits? that by default feels a tad evil to me.
7. what does the lighning/question mark mean rly?

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Dgc1808 said:

No spoilers***

i loved sasha too :). and  um....she never died. She was still very much alive and kicking at the end of the game, thats how shoe kept speaking to you psychicly. in the comic Apparently she comes back after being caught by Moya but she is STILL alive. Actually, so is Alden for that matter at the end of IF1. The only villain that died was Kessler. Now depending on what the true outcome is for IF2, thats a whole nother story lol.

Hoping for some DLC with sasha ;) S

he died in the DC comics that took place in between infamous 1 and 2. Along with alden and moya. It was tragic =[. You should read them, they are awesome!