By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - inFAMOUS 2 Story Discussion Thread + inFAMOUS 3 predictions!

Dgc1808 said:
There's definitely enough major Villians to support my idea for the third's story then^^

And it also sets the stage for characters with what ever over the top powers the devs can think of.

In the good ending, every conduit in the world died. In the evil ending, COle is the ultimate baddass. I just dont see how there can be a third game =/

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:

GOOD ENDING!!!!

I really don't know what to think about the meaning of the endings for the rest of the series. I rly hope its not over. I was so saddened by the Good playthru, i really felt for Kuo and her natural desire to live and respected Nix for her change of sides. I was so torn because i rly wanted to pick evil ending but i knew i couldn't(becuase of my karma lol)

what i will say tho is that the next game has to reinvent the "wheel", the morality wheel that is. It CANNOT use the good and evil, black and white spectrum because as that final delimma showed us, we are entering GRAY territory. The basic Idea of both options were not inherently evil or good, just different paths to a similar goal. Now the fact cole goes stomping around the city with The Beast by his side is evil but the rest was just self preservation and there is nothing wrong with wanting to live. It really touched on the weight of human life. if a life is priceless does it matter that you can save more than one priceless life by sacrificing another? Doesn't the fact that is is "priceless" negate all quantified logic that more is better than less? Or is the idea of saving the larger group of people as opposed to the minority worth it?

This was really what Kessler was preparing Cole for. The choice Kessler gave Cole in the first was a direct translation of this(Several Doctor's lives but ppl Cole didn't even know versus the life of one nurse,Trish, but Cole loved her).

Yet by game's end we are just left with SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!
1. Kessler tells John that he has a very important role to play. Did Kessler know John White was "The Beast"? OR...was what Cole assumed was the previously warned threat was just a pivot point of what was to come and Cole was the BEAST in question all along?
2. If Kessler did know about John, why did he not take him out when he had the chance?why let it to pass in the first place?
3.If Cole is dead then how did Kessler come to exist in the first place? Or r we working with a parralel dimension thing where kessler's timeline was never Coles as if it was there would not have been an issue in the first place. If that is true than Kessler caused the issue he meant to hinder or fix in the first place. If Kessler had never traveled back in time he would have never caused John to become the beast.
4. Was the trip rly only one way for Kessler when he came back in time? I was just playing the first game in preperation for the second and I re analyzed the dead drops. John said Kessler would frequently dissappear for long periods of time and no one knew where he was. Could he of been time hopping? If so where did he go? Could we see him pop back up in Cole's life maybe to save him from this horrible outcome?
5. How did Kessler obtain the ability to time travel in the first place?Was it an evolvation of his own ability or one stolen from another via machines like in Infamous 2?
6. By fullfilling the good ending, aren't you just doing what bertrand wanted? to exstinguish all conduits? that by default feels a tad evil to me.
7. what does the lighning/question mark mean rly?

1. My theory is that kessler did know it was john. I think that john was always the beast, even in kesslers timeline. But kessler didnt want to kill him because he thought that the beast was the only solution the plague. He wanted Cole to be ready for the desicions that come ahead.

2. I believe that it was the plague that killed kesslers family. It was never said how his family was really killed. But i think thats the beasts motive in kesslers timeline was the same, to save conduits by using humans sacrificially. Kessler was against it because of his family. And when they died, he decided to prepare Cole for what was coming. And he did.

3. The time thing is just too confusing to think about lol. Either way Kesslers timeline played out differently then Coles because Kessler changed everything in Coles timeline.

4. Cole said in infamous 1 that he went on a one way trip back in time. I think he just dissapeared to prepare things over in new marais and to spy on cole.

5. Kesslers powers manifested over time so i think thats how he got the power. But it is very possible that he used the transfer machine in his own timeline. 

6. Bertrands plan was evil because he wanted to extinguish the conduits just because they are the devil lol. Cole had to do it as a cost to save humanity.

7. I have no idea lol. Probably just sucker punch trolling us xD

any other questions?

radiantshadow92 said:
^ that would be retarded lol

It's a possibility, and ya thanks for shunning my idea completely

blkfish92 said:
radiantshadow92 said:

It would completlely ruin the story.

radiantshadow92 said:
blkfish92 said:
radiantshadow92 said:

Maybe, but what the hell can happen next, just a possibility as those endings almost seem like conclusions.

Around the Network
blkfish92 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
blkfish92 said:
radiantshadow92 said:

Maybe, but what the hell can happen next, just a possibility as those endings almost seem like conclusions.

I would rather see them as conclusions then something having to do with time. Either way they would have to do something drastic because there were two comletely different ending. I want a kessler prequel. 

radiantshadow92 said:
blkfish92 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
blkfish92 said:
radiantshadow92 said:

I would rather see them as conclusions then something having to do with time. Either way they would have to do something drastic because there were two comletely different ending. I want a kessler prequel. 

Ya, I agree with a Kessler prquel definitely as if suckerpunch wants to continue Cole's story, what are they going to do? They'll have to do something pretty crazy that's for sure, most likely something to do with the question mark lightning bolt....

@radiant
I think the plague might have killed kessler's family as well in the future. he was too afraid to try and stop the beast so he just kept running. yet eventually the plague got to them and he was left with nothing to defend or fight for anymore. i guess that means that kessler took the secret "3rd path", doing nothing. that obviously helped no one so he meant to make cole choose in his time.

but...
are we ever going to find out how kessler got his powers? was it the ray sphere? if so what were those circumstances? same for john really.

where does the name "kessler" even derive from? I find it hard to believe he just jumbled a bunch of phonetics together and said "this is going to be my code name". It must mean something.

And on the point of sasha for all interested....
this is what Infamous wiki says. i never read the comics but they state....

http://infamous.wikia.com/wiki/Sasha

"Shortly after Moya captures Cole, Sasha breaks out of confinement, and makes her way to free Cole, declaring her love for him and also kissing him as well. She then provides cover for Cole, who escapes Moya's aircraft carrier.

"I know how much you love me, Cole. I can feel it"
— Sasha after freeing (and then kissing) Cole
While Cole escapes, Sasha engages in a one-on-one with Moya after searching for her briefly. However Sasha is unable to overcome Moya when back-up soldiers arrive - she eventually escapes into Steel Harbour after breaking through the aircraft carrier's hull. Thereafter she plays no further role in the comic book series, and her ultimate fate remains unresolved."

So according to them she is not dead. Anyone got images from the comic to validate/disprove this?

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
@radiant
I think the plague might have killed kessler's family as well in the future. he was too afraid to try and stop the beast so he just kept running. yet eventually the plague got to them and he was left with nothing to defend or fight for anymore. i guess that means that kessler took the secret "3rd path", doing nothing. that obviously helped no one so he meant to make cole choose in his time.

but...
are we ever going to find out how kessler got his powers? was it the ray sphere? if so what were those circumstances? same for john really.

where does the name "kessler" even derive from? I find it hard to believe he just jumbled a bunch of phonetics together and said "this is going to be my code name". It must mean something.

And on the point of sasha for all interested....
this is what Infamous wiki says. i never read the comics but they state....

http://infamous.wikia.com/wiki/Sasha

"Shortly after Moya captures Cole, Sasha breaks out of confinement, and makes her way to free Cole, declaring her love for him and also kissing him as well. She then provides cover for Cole, who escapes Moya's aircraft carrier.

"I know how much you love me, Cole. I can feel it"
— Sasha after freeing (and then kissing) Cole
While Cole escapes, Sasha engages in a one-on-one with Moya after searching for her briefly. However Sasha is unable to overcome Moya when back-up soldiers arrive - she eventually escapes into Steel Harbour after breaking through the aircraft carrier's hull. Thereafter she plays no further role in the comic book series, and her ultimate fate remains unresolved."

So according to them she is not dead. Anyone got images from the comic to validate/disprove this?

If she wasnt dead, im sure sucker punch would have used her in infamous 2 somehow, either way the beast probably got her lol. I believe he got his powers naturally over time, AND there was still a ray sphere usage that caused the beast. 

radiantshadow92 said:
Dgc1808 said:
There's definitely enough major Villians to support my idea for the third's story then^^

And it also sets the stage for characters with what ever over the top powers the devs can think of.

In the good ending, every conduit in the world died. In the evil ending, COle is the ultimate baddass. I just dont see how there can be a third game =/

My first post has an idea that fixes that.

4 ≈ One