By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-Order Chart: 11th June 2011

Tagged games:

CGI-Quality said:
Michael-5 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Gears 3 is still a beast, CoD will soon take over, and Uncharted 3 increased a bit!

I'm pretty sure Gears 3 can hold #1 until it's release. MW3 is growing faster then Gears 3, but Gears 3 is coming out sooner. Sales really jump 5 weeks prior to launch.

I think because this is the post E3 boom week, I should make a list on the largest gains.

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 360 22 weeks till launch 65,956
2. Gears of War 3 360 15 54,794
3. Duke Nukem: Forever 360 1 45,169
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 PS3 22 40,434
5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D 3DS 2 26,122
6. Mass Effect 3 360 39 18,668
7. Battlefield 3 360 20 18,031
8. Duke Nukem Forever PS3 1 17,745
9. Madden NFL 2012 360 12 15,122
10. Madden NFL 2012 PS3 12 14,401

You'll probably be right, especially if Gears 3 sustains 45-50k each week.

But I don't think Gears 3 will just as fast as Call of Duty or Halo do in the last 10 weeks. I think realistically Gears 3 will get between 1.5-2 million US pre-orders, which is stil damn amazing considering Gears 2 opened to 1.8 million sales week 1. I Hope Gears 3 pre-orders top Gears 2 week 1 sales

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Machina said:
Surely Gears 3 has to beat Reach in pre-orders now. Almost a 600k lead and doing figures that Reach didn't surpass until 8 weeks out.

Maybe. I don't think Gears will have as strong weekly pre-orders in the last 8 weeks. Halo jumped to 120k plus and on the final week it saw 300k pre-orders. However it has over a half million sales lead and is still outselling Halo preorders by almost double weekly.

Anything can happen. Usually I'm either spot on, or completly wrong with my estimates, never just close. I hope I'm completly wrong and we see Gears 3 open with more pre-orders in 1 region then Gears 3 had with worldwide sales.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Gears 3 and Uncharted 3 my babies continue to impress me!

Michael-5 said:
Machina said:
Surely Gears 3 has to beat Reach in pre-orders now. Almost a 600k lead and doing figures that Reach didn't surpass until 8 weeks out.

Maybe. I don't think Gears will have as strong weekly pre-orders in the last 8 weeks. Halo jumped to 120k plus and on the final week it saw 300k pre-orders. However it has over a half million sales lead and is still outselling Halo preorders by almost double weekly.

Anything can happen. Usually I'm either spot on, or completly wrong with my estimates, never just close. I hope I'm completly wrong and we see Gears 3 open with more pre-orders in 1 region then Gears 3 had with worldwide sales.

I agree with you michael. I dont think gears 3 is going to have any 300k weeks. i also think it will have either 1 or 0 200k weeks. I think the reason for this is the beta(also its previously april release date to lesser extent). Probably 750k- 1 million people pre-ordered it for the beta and because they thought it was releasing in the spring. These people would have pre-ordered at a later time(mostly a week or 3 before launch). Thats why i think these numbers are decievingly high.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
Michael-5 said:
Machina said:

I agree with you michael. I dont think gears 3 is going to have any 300k weeks. i also think it will have either 1 or 0 200k weeks. I think the reason for this is the beta(also its previously april release date to lesser extent). Probably 750k- 1 million people pre-ordered it for the beta and because they thought it was releasing in the spring. These people would have pre-ordered at a later time(mostly a week or 3 before launch). Thats why i think these numbers are decievingly high.

That's unlikely. I used to think the same, but why are pre-orders still 50k weekly when the beta ended a month ago? Yea it may have seen inflated sales since it was delayed. I mean January 1st Pre-orders were only 100k, and the game was delayed a while before that.

I think the beta definatly helped boost pre-orders, and the fact that Gears 3 was the only exclusive shooter of 2011 for 360 until E3 helped. Forza 4 is a different genre of game. Also I think many people feel Gears 3 will be a lot more polished then Gears 1 and 2 were, since the development time is longer then ever, this gives room for Gears just to be massive.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
hudsoniscool said:
Michael-5 said:
Machina said:

That's unlikely. I used to think the same, but why are pre-orders still 50k weekly when the beta ended a month ago? Yea it may have seen inflated sales since it was delayed. I mean January 1st Pre-orders were only 100k, and the game was delayed a while before that.

I think the beta definatly helped boost pre-orders, and the fact that Gears 3 was the only exclusive shooter of 2011 for 360 until E3 helped. Forza 4 is a different genre of game. Also I think many people feel Gears 3 will be a lot more polished then Gears 1 and 2 were, since the development time is longer then ever, this gives room for Gears just to be massive.

Last weeks gears had low 40's, january 11th's would've likely been in the 30's if it not for e3.It would be at atleast 500k less pre-orders if the beta wasnt accesed that way. It will still do great but i think people are expecting to much.gears 2 did 1.3 million fw in americas, i think gears 3 will do 2-2.25 million fw in americas.

If Gears 3 pre-orders stopped right now it would take CoDMW3 10 weeks to match its numbers at its current 65,000 rate (I have rounded all number to the nearest 5,000), infact if CoDMW3 kept at it's current rate all Gears 3 would need in order to stay above it would be 22k each week for the next 15 weeks. Ofcourse though this is inaccurate as the numbers will vary wildly.

Regarding Gears 3 pre-orders, if it maintains a 55k a week rate it will hit 1,700,000 pre-orders in the US alone, if we say that over the next 5 weeks it may fall as low as 40K and then rise 10k each week after that then it will hit 2,175,000. Ofcourse it may start to rise later or be a little slower to rise at weeks 10,9,8... but I'm also assuming that its biggest week will be 150k and it definately looks to be able to surpass that. Either way it seems safe to say that 2,000,000 is the target pre-order number for it to hit. So it could see a first week of 2.8 - 3 million in US and 500 - 800k rest of world (being somewhat conservative, seeing as VGC had Gears 3 pre-orders pegged at 650k when MS announced 1 million troo... pre-orders world wide) meaning a 3.3 - 3.8 million first week.

hudsoniscool said:
Michael-5 said:
hudsoniscool said:
Michael-5 said:
Machina said:

Last weeks gears had low 40's, january 11th's would've likely been in the 30's if it not for e3.It would be at atleast 500k less pre-orders if the beta wasnt accesed that way. It will still do great but i think people are expecting to much.gears 2 did 1.3 million fw in americas, i think gears 3 will do 2-2.25 million fw in americas.

January 11th's? lol

Gears 3 saw 1 week at 41k post beta, the next two lowest were 56k, and the week of May 21st, 2 weeks after the beta ended, it had 90k. During the beta the strongest week was 68k, so obviously the beta alone isn't hyping the game.

The beta definatly helped, no arguement there. It likely added 500k total pre-orders, and it will be interesting to see sales in the next few weeks.

However it's important to note that Halo: Reach had a beta about the same size in magnitude. It wasn't as long, but I believe it had more participants.

The question really boils don to, how long can Gears 3 weekly pre-orders be higher then Halo's? Most would agree that Halo: Reach will pick up more then Gears 3 at the end, but how long can Gears hold off? That question will answer total pre-orders and week 1 sales.

Regardless, Gears 3 has potential to double Gears 2 first week sales. That is insane.

Michael-5 said:
hudsoniscool said:
Michael-5 said:
hudsoniscool said:
Michael-5 said:
Machina said:

January 11th's? lol

Gears 3 saw 1 week at 41k post beta, the next two lowest were 56k, and the week of May 21st, 2 weeks after the beta ended, it had 90k. During the beta the strongest week was 68k, so obviously the beta alone isn't hyping the game.

The beta definatly helped, no arguement there. It likely added 500k total pre-orders, and it will be interesting to see sales in the next few weeks.

However it's important to note that Halo: Reach had a beta about the same size in magnitude. It wasn't as long, but I believe it had more participants.

The question really boils don to, how long can Gears 3 weekly pre-orders be higher then Halo's? Most would agree that Halo: Reach will pick up more then Gears 3 at the end, but how long can Gears hold off? That question will answer total pre-orders and week 1 sales.

Regardless, Gears 3 has potential to double Gears 2 first week sales. That is insane.

lol at jan 11 i ment june. ya reaches beta did have more, about 1 million more i believe. I think gearrs 3 will hold off reach until its about 2-5 weeks from release, regardless its looking to do alot better than 2 FW.

Gears 3 can muscle off MW3 till september, but it may be neck and neck.

Ghost Recon FS seems to have died down a bit from last year. Half of those preorders must have been from last years E3 showing.

Mass Effect 3 is going great for a 2012 release.