By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Crytek: We're bringing our tech to Wii U

CryEngine-built software is already close to fully running on Nintendo’s next-generation console, engine vendor Crytek has said.

“Crytek’s support for Wii U is definitely going to happen,” company CEO Cevat Yerli told Develop in a new interview to be published soon.

Yerli claimed that CryEngine's tech was close to fully running on Nintendo’s new system, though wouldn’t specify any details.

“We aren't showing it but we are pretty much running it already,” Yerli said.

The news comes days after Develop revealed that Crytek’s closest business rival, Epic Games, is also supporting Wii U with its high-end game engine.

Source: http://www.develop-online.net/news/38014/Crytek-Were-bringing-our-tech-to-Wii-U

Around the Network

Good news for Nintendo. Seems that this time they really are working for a good bussines releation with third partys.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Nice... but are there actually other parties then crytek using the CryEngine 3... >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Show it, darn you Crytek!!!

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

They really need to start showing off some of these games. Maybe even a screenshot or two.

Around the Network

EA is on board, Crytek is on board now what about Cliff Blezinski? Rockstar?

IamAwsome said:
EA is on board, Crytek is on board now what about Cliff Blezinski? Rockstar?

Even if you are awesome to say that, it's just a pipe dream, even for me.

Back on topic: Even though this is good news, I wish they could've shown us something. Now they're more tight-lip then Nintendo themselves...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

I wonder how a Wii U version of Crysis 2(for example) would compare to the PS360 version and PC version in terms of performance and ability. That would give us a good scope of how powerful it is, and how much room for improvement it probably has.

I would love some Crysis 3 action on the Wii-U. It's the kind of game that would benefit from the touchscreen on the controller.. You know, menus, suit functions, zooming, radars, etc.

NiKKoM said:
Nice... but are there actually other parties then crytek using the CryEngine 3... >_>

The upcoming Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 will be and Aion uses it as well.Not sure if it's 3 or any other number but it's CryEngine for sure.

Still CryEngine support means nothing to me.Nothing compared to the UE3 support which has already been confirmed.