By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 3 Sales Predictions

1.15 million FW
5 million LT

Around the Network
pezus said:
ethomaz said:

pezus said:

Battlefield games sell for years on the PC. The community was huge and probably still is on BF2. BF1942 is still played a lot to this day and it released in 2002. Being on consoles will only make BF3 bigger. 

So how BF1942 sold (shipped) 2.5m from Sept 2002 to June 2006? You think it sold more from 2006 to date?

Huge community on PC <> sales.

If BattleField 3 sells that much (6-8m) it will be the first in the franchise.

• September 10, 2002 - Battlefield 1942 released
  • October 10, 2003 - 2 million copies sold
  • March 15, 2004 - 3 million copies sold
It sold 2 million copies in 13 months and then a further 1 million in 5 months. So it's sales pace actually increased after the first year. It has probably sold over 6 million by now.

What? These numbers come from...

Lastest official numbers from DICE:

There no way BF1942 sold 3 million at March 2004.

ethomaz said:
pezus said:
ethomaz said:

pezus said:

Battlefield games sell for years on the PC. The community was huge and probably still is on BF2. BF1942 is still played a lot to this day and it released in 2002. Being on consoles will only make BF3 bigger. 

So how BF1942 sold (shipped) 2.5m from Sept 2002 to June 2006? You think it sold more from 2006 to date?

Huge community on PC <> sales.

If BattleField 3 sells that much (6-8m) it will be the first in the franchise.

• September 10, 2002 - Battlefield 1942 released
  • October 10, 2003 - 2 million copies sold
  • March 15, 2004 - 3 million copies sold
It sold 2 million copies in 13 months and then a further 1 million in 5 months. So it's sales pace actually increased after the first year. It has probably sold over 6 million by now.

What? These numbers come from...

Lastest official numbers from DICE:

There no way BF1942 sold 3 million at March 2004.

Ethomaz is correct. Uncharted is bigger than BF. BF is much more front loaded but that's all. It dies soon after. Look at BF2 bad comapny sales. Many people had this argument with BF and God of War. Look who won.

pezus said:
Beuli2 said:

ren't you guys being a little too optimistic? It won't do better than U2, and if it does, not for a whole much.

FW - 950k
LT - 5 millions.

That's what they said last time

Well it is a storng factor to consider. It can happen with LBP maybe Killzone. But not Uncharted for sure. Uncharted is like going to sell around the same level Gears 2 did maybe more. But like I said it is a strong factor to consider

bettlefield 3 will be the biggest battlefield ever, adding all versions far better than uncharted 3, wich i think will be slightly higher than uncharted 2

Around the Network

FW: 1.1 million
LT: 5.1 million

Disadvantages for Uncharted 3

Uncharted 2 competed with MW2, AC2, and Batman when it launched.
Uncharted competes with MW3, AC:R, Batman: AA, Battlefield 3 (which will be bigger than BC2) and Skyrim (which will be bigger than Oblivion) when it launches.

It'll probably get a lower meta than U2. I see it getting a 91. No matter how good it is, it will NOT be as ground breaking as U2.

There is a 97% chance that Uncharted 3 will NOT be the GOTY champ this year. GOTY champs are typically New IPs (LittleBigPlanet, RDR), or surprise sequels (Uncharted 2, Mass Effect 2). This usually the rule. A game has to have freshness either by being a new IP, a surprisingly good sequel, or a long awaited sequel like Skyrim (It's beem 5 years right). So yeah, most of the GOTY awards will probably go to Skyrim or LA Noire or something surprising like Deus Ex. I say U3 has a 3 % chance of being the GOTY champ this year.

Because of the lesser GOTY awards, it won't get that boast around Dec/Jan that U2 got.

I also don't think it'll blow us away visually like Uncharted2. It's going to have some hefty competition from Battlefield 3 and Gears of War 3. Even if it does look better than those two games, it won't be anywhere near the discrepancy that Uncharted 2 had with it's nearest visual challenger (what was it? AC2), espescially considering the introduction of color to the Gears of War series. It will be interesting, no doubt.

It will not release near a $100 price cut like U2.

Advantages for Uncharted 3

Multiplayer. U2's mp was good but wasn't the best on ps3. ND said themselves that they ran out of time with mp for U2. They said they're going after COD this time and they've showed some pretty impressive gameplay so far. They're bringing the cinematics from the sp to the mp and adding new modes like 3 - team deathmatch. Also add in customization. You can tell ND has put a lot of work on the mp this time. This is where that 3% for GOTY Comes in.

I've also seen subtle improve like how the crosshairs separate entirely when shooting unlike in U2 when just the outer lines would disperse.

Solid Snake will make an appearance. This could potential attracted a few hundred-thousand MGS fans

Split Screen. It could impact sales a lot like with RE:5, or not like Killzone 3.

With all that said, the game will be great and I'll most likely enjoy it even more than U2.
First Week: A little over a million units
Lifetime: A Little over five-million units

FW - 1.1 mil
LT - 5.5-6 mil

Jay520 said:
FW: 1.1 million
LT: 5.1 million

Disadvantages for Uncharted 3

Uncharted 2 competed with MW2, AC2, and Batman when it launched.
Uncharted competes with MW3, AC:R, Batman: AA, Battlefield 3 (which will be bigger than BC2) and Skyrim (which will be bigger than Oblivion) when it launches.

It'll probably get a lower meta than U2. I see it getting a 91. No matter how good it is, it will NOT be as ground breaking as U2.

There is a 97% chance that Uncharted 3 will NOT be the GOTY champ this year. GOTY champs are typically New IPs (LittleBigPlanet, RDR), or surprise sequels (Uncharted 2, Mass Effect 2). This usually the rule. A game has to have freshness either by being a new IP, a surprisingly good sequel, or a long awaited sequel like Skyrim (It's beem 5 years right). So yeah, most of the GOTY awards will probably go to Skyrim or LA Noire or something surprising like Deus Ex. I say U3 has a 3 % chance of being the GOTY champ this year.

Because of the lesser GOTY awards, it won't get that boast around Dec/Jan that U2 got.

I also don't think it'll blow us away visually like Uncharted2. It's going to have some hefty competition from Battlefield 3 and Gears of War 3. Even if it does look better than those two games, it won't be anywhere near the discrepancy that Uncharted 2 had with it's nearest visual challenger (what was it? AC2), espescially considering the introduction of color to the Gears of War series. It will be interesting, no doubt.

It will not release near a $100 price cut like U2.

Advantages for Uncharted 3

Multiplayer. U2's mp was good but wasn't the best on ps3. ND said themselves that they ran out of time with mp for U2. They said they're going after COD this time and they've showed some pretty impressive gameplay so far. They're bringing the cinematics from the sp to the mp and adding new modes like 3 - team deathmatch. Also add in customization. You can tell ND has put a lot of work on the mp this time. This is where that 3% for GOTY Comes in.

I've also seen subtle improve like how the crosshairs separate entirely when shooting unlike in U2 when just the outer lines would disperse.

Solid Snake will make an appearance. This could potential attracted a few hundred-thousand MGS fans

Split Screen. It could impact sales a lot like with RE:5, or not like Killzone 3.

With all that said, the game will be great and I'll most likely enjoy it even more than U2.
First Week: A little over a million units
Lifetime: A Little over five-million units

Is that true?! =O

yes

first time ive heard that one ^^