By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ideas for improving Wii U's controller

I would have liked a 1280x720 resolution screen to switch the game from the tv to the controller without any loss of resolution. Current specs floating around estimate it at 854x480.

At least it will play current wii games 1:1 on the controller.

Around the Network

3D screens aren't needed, it will make it far more expensive than it already is, but clickable thumbsticks are a must
also the most important thing is support for multiple controllers, make it the main controller , wii mote shouldn't be a big focus in Wii-U games!

Only in the past week have i even heard the term "Clickable thumbsticks."

What are those?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

What are those?

Its kinda difficult to explain without showing a demo , but i'll upload a video for you.

Done

PullusPardus said:
Mr Khan said:

What are those?

Its kinda difficult to explain without showing a demo , but i'll upload a video for you.

Done

No wonder i've never heard of them, Nintendo's never used them.

I always wondered why Dual Shock or X360 controllers felt so weird. Never knew that was a feature.

Thanks

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
PullusPardus said:
Mr Khan said:

What are those?

Done

I always wondered why Dual Shock or X360 controllers felt so weird. Never knew that was a feature.

Thanks

yeah, and another feature you might not noticed is that the face buttons on PS3 (X Square triangle O) are pressure sensitive,  meaning the harder you press them the faster your car will go for example, but the clickable thumbsticks are widely used nowadays, especially for action games and shooters.

PullusPardus said:
Mr Khan said:
PullusPardus said:
Mr Khan said:

What are those?

Done

Thanks

yeah, and another feature you might not noticed is that the face buttons on PS3 (X Square triangle O) are pressure sensitive,  meaning the harder you press them the faster your car will go for example, but the clickable thumbsticks are widely used nowadays, especially for action games and shooters.

That i was aware of, as the GameCube used them too.

TomaTito said:
superchunk said:
MegaDrive08 said:
My problem with the controls are other players having to play with wiimotes, i can live with one tablet controller but could at least hook us and the system with some wireless classic controllers to go alongside the tablet for the hardcore games, imagine playing with a friend and you have the tablet and giving them nintendos last consoles controls even worse than that wiimotes with classic controllers plugged into them, so all i ask is to have some wireless classic controllers or some sort of wireless gaming pads

You can use the classic controllers (or pro) and everythin on WiiU is wireless.

I think he means something like this:

I understood what he actually meant, I was just ignoring it as it doesn't make sense. Its not an issue to have the wiimote laying in your lap and in reality that means the classic controller is still wireless. You're not connected to the Wii.

Well no the classic controller itself is not wireless if it has to plugged into another device

I also want some wireless classic controllers. From Nintendo. I just don't like Nyko's controllers. Or any 3rd party controllers. They never last as long as first party.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash