By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ideas for improving Wii U's controller

My problem with the controls are other players having to play with wiimotes, i can live with one tablet controller but could at least hook us and the system with some wireless classic controllers to go alongside the tablet for the hardcore games, imagine playing with a friend and you have the tablet and giving them nintendos last consoles controls even worse than that wiimotes with classic controllers plugged into them, so all i ask is to have some wireless classic controllers or some sort of wireless gaming pads

Around the Network

My problem with the controls are other players having to play with wiimotes, i can live with one tablet controller but could at least hook us and the system with some wireless classic controllers to go alongside the tablet for the hardcore games, imagine playing with a friend and you have the tablet and giving them nintendos last consoles controls even worse than that wiimotes with classic controllers plugged into them, so all i ask is to have some wireless classic controllers or some sort of wireless gaming pads

puffy said:
I think a rear camera is the only thing on that list that would be useful.. Everything else has issues and aren't worth the trouble/cost

Yup, for some AR using all that power... though I guess they want to keep that a 3DS feature.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

dahuman said:
manuel said:
I'd also say multitouch would be great.
Other than that make it as light as possible.

According the press, the controller is already very light, so it's looking good on that part.

Good! :)

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Well ill be saving my money and sticking with the wii unless they sort the controller issue out, wireless classic controllers, noway am i playing with wiimotes for multi player games

Around the Network
MegaDrive08 said:
Well ill be saving my money and sticking with the wii unless they sort the controller issue out, wireless classic controllers, noway am i playing with wiimotes for multi player games

shit, as long as I can pwn my family in the face, I don't care what I play on. I'm the God of all controllers.

MegaDrive08 said:

You can use the classic controllers (or pro) and everythin on WiiU is wireless.

superchunk said:
MegaDrive08 said:

You can use the classic controllers (or pro) and everythin on WiiU is wireless.

I think he means something like this:

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I think that the most important thing is clickable thumbsticks. But Nintendo is using their circle pads, and I don't know if that is possible on a circle pad. Multitouch screen would be a nice feature, but Reggie said in an interview that it isn't meant to be a tablet, and they don't need it to be multitouch. It can play a few simple games, but it doesn't act as a portable gaming device. It's main function is to be used with the console.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

MegaDrive08 said:

I like the idea of wireless classic controllers. I wanted a classic controller until I found out it needs to be plugged in to a Wiimote. I just find that odd.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash