By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dust 514 the greatest FPS this gen, (everything you need to know)

goforgold said:
Beuli2 said:
Every FPS developer says his new game will chabge gaming...forever.

I read that then looked at your avatar and lol'd hard hahaha

anyway, no they don't, and this should in fact change things, 2 different games, 2 different platforms, 1 shared universe that infulence eachother,  sit here with a straight face and tell me that's not innovative 

I was writing really fast.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network
goforgold said:
superchunk said:
goforgold said:
superchunk said:
This game reminds me of a modded Battlefield 2142 game. Not that that is a really bad thing, just that its not original and I already played the hell out of it.

did you read ANY of the OP???

lol at pic.

Look at the characters, models, vehicles, etc... even its own description of the battlefield leadership... it has a lot of Battlefield 2142 likenesses. Sure its expanded and not capture the flag etc, but that is why I said modded.

Its in the same vein as Battlefront being modded Battlefield games. They actually have fully different models, (star wars vs realistic) yet they are built off of Battlefield games.

ok....so you didn't read anything 

goes back, re-reads OP, re-watches video....

...and I still see it as a Battlefield 2 set of modded characters, vehicles, etc, etc.

Was BF2142 attached to a larger MMO? no, was it an MMO at all? no So are there distinct differences to this game? yes. However, do the characters, ships, and other stuff all very similar to BF2142? yes.

pezus said:
BenVTrigger said:
What they showed looked awful. I mean this may be the single most generic looking FPS ever created in the history of shooters.

Killzone absolutly trumps what I've seen of this game.

Graphics aren't everything I'm afraid and what does Killzone have to do with this?

I'm not talking about graphics.  The art style is just plain bland and horrible looking.  I mean its litteraly solid grey just in different shades.  Not just sarcastically either like when people say Gears and stuff are all grey.  This one seriously is and it looks horrible.

Plus the gameplay itself looked weak as hell with zero mechanics to really make it stand out.

And the thread title says Dust 514 greatest FPS this gen.  Killzone, Halo, Battlefield, and MANY MANY others look to be far superior.  To be honest Dust was eaily one of the worst looking games I've seen shown at E3.

Machina said:

Looks pretty awful to me; from both gameplay and presentation perspectives, when I saw the trailer during Sony's conference it was like I'd gone back in time 5 years (or longer :S). What it has going for it is the MMO linking concept, which is full of potential, I'll give them that. I applaud their ambition and everything, but I really don't for one moment see them pulling it off. I'm expecting poor scores and sales.

sales .. for a free game , yea...

GuiltySpartan77 said:
Blah Blah Blah a lot of games get "greatest shooter ever praise before they come out" reality is most end up failing. So you really shouldn't set expectations so high on a game just revealed.

I would agree here.  People need to wait on it.  I posted a thread that could turn into a hypetrain for the game, so I am interested in seeing how it goes.  But greatest this gen is a stretch, until more news comes out about it.

Around the Network
goforgold said:
gurglesletch said:
Looks pretty cool. Not really in MMO games though

Sony did a real bad job as showing the scale of this game

dude this game will be EPIC!!

create your own corporation in Dust invade a conqure planets, ally with corps from EVE and dominate and entier star systems!!!

2 different games on two different platforms in the same universe all fighting for thier piece on the pie, the Battles will be EPIC I can't wait and hope to christ I get into the private beta

They did?  They had to show a lot.  Then towards the end, they showed the cost of EVERYTHING, showing HUGE scales in costs, and they zoomed WAY out to show systems, not just one planet.  I thought they did a good job with it.

pezus said:
Dr.Grass said:
WHERE THE HELL DID THIS COME FROM!!?

If you mean Dust 514, mostly from Iceland :D ...makes me proud as CCP is the only real Icelandic game developer

They do chessboxing, so that is ONE thing they have over other game developers!

Isn't it multiplayer only? I don't play online much and I've never played anything that is multiplayer only. I prefer a single player FPS with an interesting story, fleshed out characters, and a beginning, middle, and end.

TT Makaveli said:
Dr.Grass said:
WHERE THE HELL DID THIS COME FROM!!?

This looks AMAZING! Holy crap!

Sony shooter steals the show:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/306366/news/sony-shooter-steals-show-at-e3-trailer-here/

I never heard of any of this before and I follow videogames very closely.

I'm a little dumbstruck.

yupp...i made a thread about it...maybe you could post in it...seems like nobody pays attention to the thread :-/

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130116&page=1#2

It seems they are putting less and less emphasis on threads on VGC, even though that's the main reason we spend so much time here... It's SO easy for a thread to get lost forever now - I made a thread about Child of Eden and no-one posted in it or even viewed it... There should be more threads shown, and also some random older one's pulled up to make it interesting...

goforgold said:
Barozi said:
haxxiy said:
Barozi said:
I think it will get worse reviews than MAG

Thanks for your optmistic and unbiased input.

Your welcome. I even watched the trailer again before making that statement.

have you every played MAG???

Played the MAG beta. Good shooter and that's why I think Dust won't get better reviews.