By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dust 514 the greatest FPS this gen, (everything you need to know)

pezus said:
superchunk said:
This game reminds me of a modded Battlefield 2142 game. Not that that is a really bad thing, just that its not original and I already played the hell out of it.

Eh, have you read about the concept?

Yes and it seems like they took BF2142, modified various aspects moving to a MMO style. Modified can be a lot or little, point is much of the tech, style, control structure etc all seem like BF2142.

Around the Network

What they showed looked awful. I mean this may be the single most generic looking FPS ever created in the history of shooters.

Killzone absolutly trumps what I've seen of this game.

Is it a retail release or a PSN game?

The trailer wasn't very convincing but I keep at least one eye open.

superchunk said:
This game reminds me of a modded Battlefield 2142 game. Not that that is a really bad thing, just that its not original and I already played the hell out of it.

did you read ANY of the OP???

Boutros said:
Is it a retail release or a PSN game?

The trailer wasn't very convincing but I keep at least one eye open.

free download off psn store

Around the Network
goforgold said:
superchunk said:

lol at pic.

Look at the characters, models, vehicles, etc... even its own description of the battlefield leadership... it has a lot of Battlefield 2142 likenesses. Sure its expanded and not capture the flag etc, but that is why I said modded.

Its in the same vein as Battlefront being modded Battlefield games. They actually have fully different models, (star wars vs realistic) yet they are built off of Battlefield games.

Well, the integration looks cool, but game itself looks bland to me. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, I guess.

We'll see, but I've heard the whole, "greatest FPS this gen" statement WAY too often to be excited at this point.

I really liked what I saw but it probably won't be the greatest FPS ever.

BenVTrigger said:
What they showed looked awful. I mean this may be the single most generic looking FPS ever created in the history of shooters.

Killzone absolutly trumps what I've seen of this game.

ok 

now read what you'll actually be doing and tell me what you think.

fucking terrible how this game will be call generic based on how it looks, but these are console gamers after all *facepalm*

superchunk said:
goforgold said:
superchunk said:

lol at pic.

Look at the characters, models, vehicles, etc... even its own description of the battlefield leadership... it has a lot of Battlefield 2142 likenesses. Sure its expanded and not capture the flag etc, but that is why I said modded.

Its in the same vein as Battlefront being modded Battlefield games. They actually have fully different models, (star wars vs realistic) yet they are built off of Battlefield games.

ok....so you didn't read anything