By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS VITA Screen not as good as Apple Retina Display....WHY???

brendude13 said:
HanzoTheRazor said:
Sorry PizzaFaceGamer, but u ignorance on OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) tech is amusing! Did u honestly think that it was just an enhanced LED screen???

Okay, here is the deal; I am a bit of a TV tech junkie and would have to say that OLED panels are by far the best TVs that I have ever seen. So, here goes;

OLED Specs
1. Contrast Ratio 1,000,000:1. Contrast ratio is the most important aspect of any screen. A contrast (black) ratio such as this produces unmatched color expression and picture detail.

2. Extremely bright picture with low power consumption. Perfect for day or night.

3. Exceptionally wide viewing angles unmatched by other screens.

4. NO BACK LIGHT

5. Environmentally safe

6. Here is the kicker... Rapid Panel response time for a clear, blur-free picture at a refresh rate of 1/60 of a sec!!! Perfect for games.

I think by creating this failed thread, u have lost a lot of respect on this site.

How can he lose something he never had in the first place? 

Wait I don't get why the trollface is there. *trollface*

Around the Network
NYANKS said:
brendude13 said:
HanzoTheRazor said:
Sorry PizzaFaceGamer, but u ignorance on OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) tech is amusing! Did u honestly think that it was just an enhanced LED screen???

Okay, here is the deal; I am a bit of a TV tech junkie and would have to say that OLED panels are by far the best TVs that I have ever seen. So, here goes;

OLED Specs
1. Contrast Ratio 1,000,000:1. Contrast ratio is the most important aspect of any screen. A contrast (black) ratio such as this produces unmatched color expression and picture detail.

2. Extremely bright picture with low power consumption. Perfect for day or night.

4. NO BACK LIGHT

5. Environmentally safe

6. Here is the kicker... Rapid Panel response time for a clear, blur-free picture at a refresh rate of 1/60 of a sec!!! Perfect for games.

I think by creating this failed thread, u have lost a lot of respect on this site.

It's not because I'm trollin', I use it because I'm being an ass =).

So basically, this is like the compression free audio vs the zero loss audio compression argument. The only way you know one is better than the other is because somebody tells you so. Most of us probably wouldn't know the difference and wouldn't care, anyway.

OLED needs less power than Retina Display so its good for the battery

d21lewis said:
So basically, this is like the compression free audio vs the zero loss audio compression argument. The only way you know one is better than the other is because somebody tells you so. Most of us probably wouldn't know the difference and wouldn't care, anyway.

So far, based on everything i'm reading in here, the only thing I feel I would have noticed is that there's no backlight on a OLED as it's self lit and Blacks are truly black. 

That's pretty much it.

EDIT: It's also nice to hear that it's using less energy. That's always great.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

in terms of resolution, the Retina Display will, thats for sure, be better. but then again, 900 to 500 pixels on an 6 inch screen is still enormous, and does have a much higher ppi than your hdtv has. And on top, the actual quality of the image is far more natural and colourful.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

brendude13 said:
NYANKS said:
brendude13 said:
HanzoTheRazor said:

OLED Specs

4. NO BACK LIGHT

5. Environmentally safe

Ass or not, you are correct. :P

NYANKS said:
brendude13 said:
NYANKS said:
brendude13 said:
HanzoTheRazor said:

OLED Specs

4. NO BACK LIGHT

5. Environmentally safe

Ass or not, you are correct. :P

Haha, yes.

That gives me an idea, we need a new meme, "ass-face", it's like a trollface but you use it to make your offensive post more lighthearted.

As long as Pizzaface hears anything bad about Sony, even if it's untrue he will get an orgasm and rush home to report it here.

I thought the PSV already was able to beat iphone retina screen, I remember back when it was first announced there was a comparison of screens, processor and graphics chip with the iphone 4 and ipad (2 maybe?) and PSV smoked them all.