By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
RealGamingExpert said:
JayWood2010 said:

Ahh, i was hoping they said something since then :/  

Yeah, it is one of those games that has left a lasting impression on me which is rare to do for me anymore

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

Yeah, it is one of those games that has left a lasting impression on me which is rare to do for me anymore

I think this is relevant to your interests:

I'm expecting DR3 announced this year.

Btw, if DR1 & 2 left a lasting impression on you because of story, then definitely consider Another Episode.  It's basically DanganRonpa 1.5 and expands the story of the first two games a lot (plus, loads of returning characters).

If they left a lasting impression of you because of the gameplay, then yeah, you can probably skip it.

MikeRox said:

Dammit, I was wanting to get Htol#niq when I get paid on Friday, but it's already sold out :(

I'm still slightly miffed we didn't even get a hint of an EU physical run.  I missed my chance to get a copy from Play-Asia and now I have to wait and see if the Asian version has English subs :(

Kresnik said:
JayWood2010 said:

I think this is relevant to your interests:

I'm expecting DR3 announced this year.

Btw, if DR1 & 2 left a lasting impression on you because of story, then definitely consider Another Episode.  It's basically DanganRonpa 1.5 and expands the story of the first two games a lot (plus, loads of returning characters).

If they left a lasting impression of you because of the gameplay, then yeah, you can probably skip it.

That would be awesome! Such a good series doesn't deserve to die so early! Maybe it would be smart to consider developing it for the PS4, but I don't think that will be the case.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

RealGamingExpert said:

That would be awesome! Such a good series doesn't deserve to die so early! Maybe it would be smart to consider developing it for the PS4, but I don't think that will be the case.

I don't think it was ever in danger of dying.  It's Spike-Chunsoft's biggest selling original series by an absolute mile (now that Way of the Samurai is dead).

I can't be fussed finding the link now (you'll have to believe me on this one), but there's some link somewhere to an interview with one of the DR producers where they said that it's difficult writing lots of mystery games in a row, so they used Another Episode to be a change of pace at storytelling.  Now they've had that, they're back on track with writing the third entry.

I also don't see why it would be on PS4.  It's a series which sells more in Japan than anywhere else; that was born on handhelds.  If it goes anywhere other than Vita, it'll be 3DS/4DS (but I think it'll be on Vita; because it's performed just fine across a remake and a spinoff on the platform).

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
RealGamingExpert said:

I don't think it was ever in danger of dying.  It's Spike-Chunsoft's biggest selling original series by an absolute mile (now that Way of the Samurai is dead).

I can't be fussed finding the link now (you'll have to believe me on this one), but there's some link somewhere to an interview with one of the DR producers where they said that it's difficult writing lots of mystery games in a row, so they used Another Episode to be a change of pace at storytelling.  Now they've had that, they're back on track with writing the third entry.

I also don't see why it would be on PS4.  It's a series which sells more in Japan than anywhere else; that was born on handhelds.  If it goes anywhere other than Vita, it'll be 3DS/4DS (but I think it'll be on Vita; because it's performed just fine across a remake and a spinoff on the platform).

With the success of the anime and games, you have to imagine that they were surprised at the reception. I would hope this can launch the series into a more sustained production. World needs more monokuma.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Kresnik said:
RealGamingExpert said:

Will surelly be multiplatform for Vita and PS4/PS3.. because that would lower risks of flop on the west... most recent release on Vita are like that, so I could be on it...

I hope we can see a Soul Sacrifice 2, and, GODAMN PLEASE, Gravity Rush 2 ends like god Eater 2, SAO Lost Song, Toukiden with updated or sequel versions releasing multiplat (the first one like that was Ragnarok oddissey...).. So Freedom Wars + could end like that too... may be...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

DemoniOtaku said:

Will surelly be multiplatform for Vita and PS4/PS3.. because that would lower risks of flop on the west... most recent release on Vita are like that, so I could be on it...

... and why would they care about that?  Spike Chunsoft have no western publishing arm.

The games you're talking about are from companies like Bandai Namco and Tecmo Koei, who publish their own games overseas.  Even Marvelous (Senran Kagura) have their own western publishing arm (XSEED).

Spike Chunsoft do not, and NISA have been picking up the DanganRonpa titles regardless of them being Vita-only, so I don't see why that would have any bearing on their platform decision.

Vita anniversary sale, looks interesting. I'm so buying SAO.

Also, I'm curious about the Jak & Daxter Collection. I've heard and read that it's a really bad port, however, I think it might be worth 8 dollars...? What do you guys think?

lehamsy said:
Vita anniversary sale, looks interesting. I'm so buying SAO.

Also, I'm curious about the Jak & Daxter Collection. I've heard and read that it's a really bad port, however, I think it might be worth 8 dollars...? What do you guys think?

If you can tolerate Borderlands 2, TWD season 1/2, or The Wolf Among Us then yes the Jak collection is worth $8. If not then you probably won't have a good time. 

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)