By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

More images and new trailer from IA/VT COLORFUL, details on the preorder bonus for Japan too:

http://www.blogiswar.net/2015/02/24/extras-de-las-reservas-video-y-mas-imagenes-de-iavt-colorful-para-psvita/

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Around the Network

A Xanadu scan appears :

Looks like its using Sen no kiseki engine with action combat, also looks prettier ^^

Link updated with more info on world, characters etc...:

http://gematsu.com/2015/02/tokyo-xanadu-confirmed-ps-vita

It's unfair that so many niche devs find Vita to be a valid platform, yet no big player cares to grace it with any big franchise game. Even a remake would do. FFX HD sold really nice, but did we get KH 1.5 HD and 2.5 HD? No... Are we gonna get FF XII?Who knows, probably not. Dragon Quest VIII? Ehh... All would sell nicely, easily giving decent profit, but noo... It's better to make another mobile pos or something for 3DS :-/

At least we're finally getting RE from Capcom and Square also ports that mobile jRPG to Vita. I'll support these games, hopefully it's a beginning of something.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
It's unfair that so many niche devs find Vita to be a valid platform, yet no big player cares to grace it with any big franchise game. Even a remake would do. FFX HD sold really nice, but did we get KH 1.5 HD and 2.5 HD? No... Are we gonna get FF XII?Who knows, probably not. Dragon Quest VIII? Ehh... All would sell nicely, easily giving decent profit, but noo... It's better to make another mobile pos or something for 3DS :-/

At least we're finally getting RE from Capcom and Square also ports that mobile jRPG to Vita. I'll support these games, hopefully it's a beginning of something.

I don't get it either. Hell even the Western oriented ones all seem to have cracked a million now even CoD. But I think the window for such support now is rapidly closing, Vita needs a sustainable userbase before Nintendo announces their successor.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Woo, more JRPG's for the Vita. Those Xanadu scans look really good :3

Around the Network
Scisca said:

The thing is that those niche devs make low budget games, and that's why they make money on Vita even though they don't sell a lot. At least big companies like Bandai Namco and Tecmo Koei have found a market on Vita. 

And yeah, we're getting RE: R2, but it's only because Sony is porting that game, xDev I believe is the one making that game. And that's the reason that game is not coming any time soon to the 3DS.  

Scisca said:

We're getting Resident Evil from Sony, not Capcom.

Also, I think you hit the nail on the head with the first line of your post:

Scisca said:
It's unfair that so many niche devs find Vita to be a valid platform, yet no big player cares to grace it with any big franchise game.

It's been 3 years and Vita hasn't even sold 10m.  That's abysmal.  And far too low to be a worthwhile investment for any big publisher.  They could make a profit from it, sure, but that money would be better invested elsewhere where they could get bigger returns.

But it is a big enough userbase for "niche" devs in the west (indies) and especially Japan where the system is closing in on 4m sold and has consistently shown that it can sell niche software extremely well.

I understand where you're coming from, but on the flipside, if we weren't getting this niche support we'd be getting nothing.  I, for one, am very happy with it, because Japanese games are about 80% of the reason I buy a platform (the other 20% Vita got early in its life, but sadly dried up now - the "AA" western titles).  It's been pretty clear that Vita is going on this trajectory for quite a while, so it may well not be the platform for you.

OT: Fantastic day for announcements huh?

Most excited about Tokyo Xanadu. I was excited when it was announced, and I'm even more so now we know it's coming for Vita. Falcom are awesome and I'll buy anything they put out. High chance of localization too, I bet.

The Experience Inc. game... blimey. They've come a long way in the past few years. From selling a couple of thousand copies of their games on X360 to selling 200k on Vita and going from small publishers like Cyberfront to one of the biggest in Japan (Bamco). Good for them.

Compile Heart's game... gonna wait and see what happens with Destroyer Trillion first, but I really respect them for actually attempting an original set of IP's on Vita. For all the niche support Vita gets, it's still mostly ports & multiplats (NIS - Disgaea; Gust - Atelier; Falcom - Sen no Kiseki), so it's really nice to see them embracing both sides (porting Neptunia but also making new stuff).

Pleasing day anyway.

Scisca said:
At least we're finally getting RE from Capcom

From Sony, you mean.

Kresnik said:

The Experience Inc. game... blimey. They've come a long way in the past few years. From selling a couple of thousand copies of their games on X360 to selling 200k on Vita and going from small publishers like Cyberfront to one of the biggest in Japan (Bamco). Good for them.

It is heartwarming. They are almost From Software in miniature.

Ok, more info characters, story and gameplay of the new Experience/bamco DRPG :

http://gematsu.com/2015/02/bandai-namco-experience-announce-ps-vita-dungeon-rpg-ray-gigant

Seems Bamco contacted Experience because the producer enjoyed Demon Gaze.

Battles are third person, but crawling is in first person. and the game is story driven ? It sounds like Sol trigger on psp which I enjoyed, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.