By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
FiveOVER said:
I hope it lasts until 2018 at least, although its a little too optimistic.

This has nothing to do with your comment, this is strictly to say. I love that picture of A Certain Magical Index Lol :)

Around the Network
SnowPrince said:
WOW I hope Vita news is actually real, and if this wasn't I guess SCEJ would've reacted long ago, but still who knows.

And guys, one question, does Digimonster Story have a chance to rival Yokai Watch in Japan? (just talking about them legs) I mean the game has the same mechanics on a well established brand and the anime is going to air days after the release of the game. *And it looks awesome, i can't wait to get my hands on it*

Like Kresnik and otehrs said, Digimon will not be as big as Youkai Watch or Pokemon... but should pretty good sales... with the anime airing soon, could have even more.. and is that Digimon even the series have a little older audience as target.. 

About gravity Rush 2, sounds too good to be true, and is just a twitter account, and We know all the atrocious thing some people do on Official accounts.. Like Nintendo promoting the PSVita... and even if is totally true.. it doesn't say is not gonna release for PS4.. or PS3 even... So I reserve my Hype to better things...

Anyway I'm getting a PS4 pretty soon so I have covered all that stuff... Now I'll have PSVita, WiiU, PS3, PS4 and a 3DS (coming soon too...) and I'll have a problem to choose What to buy and what and when to play... -.-

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Kresnik said:

It's old, but I've been browsing a lot of the forums of niche publishers again (it's been a while) and I stumbled across this:

http://forum.marvelous-usa.com/index.php?showtopic=27878&#entry871763

"Yeah, I don't get when other publishers shy away from the Vita. It's like last generation, when other publishers shied away from the PSP -- a system is only dead if you make it that way! There were tons of good games being released on PSP last gen, and there are tons of good games being released on Vita this gen. And there's no reason to ignore those good games because "nobody owns a Vita" -- obviously, people do, because we're doing quite well with our Vita releases. 

Thanks for the kind comments!

-Tom "

(Post is from a guy who works for XSEED)

Very pleasing to hear that the console is doing well for them.  And given the date of the post (October 2014), makes me hopeful that we've still got a few more years of localization support left, which'd do me just fine.  2015 is already off to a great start between the NISA, IFI & Bamco stuff.

Make a thread about it. Would be interesting to see the general response :)

Im glad xseed/marvelous are making their money from it. I generally prefer a more japanese flavoured games lineup so if vita has an active audience for that, so much the better.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

FiveOVER said:
I hope it lasts until 2018 at least, although its a little too optimistic.

That seems a bit too much like wishful thinking.

Then again, we're still getting PSP games in 2014 - and the fact Vita hasn't been hacked may prove an advantage for the console going forward.  I read an interesting article about that today actually (this was a bitch to find again - I went digging just for you!).  It's with the former NISA president and he talks about their expansion into Europe:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/nippon-ichis-haru-akenaga-article

Q: You've shown a lot of support for PSP in the past. Recently there's been talk of retailers withdrawing some of their support, refusing to stock the PSPGo and so on. How concerned are you about these issues?

Haru Akenaga: It's a really tough market for PSP now. We have to reconsider. We've already started developing some titles, but from now on, we will evaluate and reconsider the console we should be developing for. I learned a lot last year and this year about Europe. Originally, the PSP itself was selling pretty well there but the software sales were really poor. I thought that might create a good opportunity for us to release our titles for PSP, so that's why we published them titles back then. But the reason why the games don't sell is piracy. In which case, it could be tough to release PSP games in the European market - especially as retailers don't want to take PSP titles. So we are trying to change the platform [we focus on] to PS3.

The PSP's hardware sales were a draw for them, but the rampant piracy made them reconsider that.  This is a 2009 interview, so this was after they'd pulled through with a lot of titles (Generation of Chaos; Blade Dancer etc.) and to their credit they followed it up with loads of stuff too (everything from Cladun to a new Generation of Chaos last year) despite him mentioning a PS3 focus here.

So the fact that the Vita is locked down, though the user-base is anaemic in the west, at least it's a solid platform where they know users won't pirate the games, and if a niche can be established (which I think it already has been - see Tom from XSEED's comment I linked above) then the platform might just stay viable for a while.

Retailers dropping the platform may be a concern, admittedly, but honestly the only places in the UK I know that don't stock Vita stuff are supermarkets... and I can honestly say I've never seen an NISA title in a UK supermarket for any platform, so...

(Besides, the rise of online shopping seems to render any brick & mortar losses a bit less important)

As long as Japan keeps getting the kind of titles that NISA/XSEED/Aksys/IFI would like to pick up from devs who are open to overseas licencing - which it certainly seems to be getting if what's announced for 2015 is any indication - then I can see it carrying on.

And I really hope it does.  Vita may not have been a lot of things I was hoping it would be, but one thing I'm very glad about is the localization house support.  It provides a large amount of content that I'm genuinely interested in playing and has certainly kept my Vita well-used these past two years.

MikeRox said:

Make a thread about it. Would be interesting to see the general response :)

I was going to when I came across it, but honestly, I'm not willing to see what the likely response would be.

Maybe I'm just jaded today, but reading through a particularly catty NeoGAF thread posting that AskPlayStation tweet about Gravity Rush 2, where every other person's post was something along the lines of "it's a waste on Vita; needs to be on PS4" made me not particularly want to see the response to something like this would be.

Someone else can post it if they want.

Around the Network

I just thought that maybe Digimon is going to turn out of the blue like Yokai Watch did, I never saw someone anticipating such success

And guys have you checked the latest Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V images? Can we please ask for a localization ? It's a PSN game anyway, and we got SK: Bon Appétit! Why not this ?

SnowPrince said:

I just thought that maybe Digimon is going to turn out of the blue like Yokai Watch did, I never saw someone anticipating such success

And guys have you checked the latest Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V images? Can we please ask for a localization ? It's a PSN game anyway, and we got SK: Bon Appétit! Why not this ?

My fam will love to see this lol

SnowPrince said:

Who the fuck is that green haired dbag??
anyway I dont want it as long as him and the bottom 2 are in it. Just give me OG YGO or GX

SnowPrince said:

I WANT THIS!!!

ktay95 said:
SnowPrince said:

Who the fuck is that green haired dbag??
anyway I dont want it as long as him and the bottom 2 are in it. Just give me OG YGO or GX

I think the green hair is a made up character for the game. Honestly GX can FOff too lol. Yugi is all that matters :)