By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Kresnik said:
outlawauron said:

Keep in mind is a remaster/remake of a DS game. Looked much worse there.

It's a remake, rather than a remaster, and as such I'd have expected better from it really.

Compared to the original.. the graphics are more than great.. but compared to what Vita can do.. is not.. still is a gem from almost two years ago... but still looks nice... at least better than ys Celceta which looks awful, but you forget quickly about it because the game is AWESOME... The swan sing on graphics for Vita would be probably Digimon Cyber Sleuth...

@Ryuzaki57: Nice review... and about the mechanic of rythm.. it isn't actually innovative, is kinda like Boost a Move/groove from PSX... but then wasn't on scroll...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Around the Network
DemoniOtaku said:

at least better than ys Celceta which looks awful, but you forget quickly about it because the game is AWESOME... 

No, the screenshots I've seen of Hearts R make it look significantly worse than Ys Celceta.  It's miles off the Atelier games and the Hyperdimension Neptunia games.

Perhaps it'll look better in motion, but from still shots, it looks extremely poor.

I'm still going to buy it because graphics are far from a selling point for me, it's just pretty disappointing to see.

Kresnik said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=137801809

Looks like you Americans are getting Fantasy Hero: Unsigned Legacy (i.e. Arc System Works' take on Diablo).

Meanwhile, in Europe *crickets*

Sweet, another no game to enjoy. Kinda forgot about the games that ASW put out.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Kresnik said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=137801809

Looks like you Americans are getting Fantasy Hero: Unsigned Legacy (i.e. Arc System Works' take on Diablo).

Meanwhile, in Europe *crickets*

Whuh?! This isn't Damascus Gear! ArcSys, you fuckin' noobs!

Just for that I'm cancelling my Guilty Gear preorder!

ktay95 said:

For all of my fellow Feedom Wars fans, the cutest nendoroid around
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10300045

You know she is the Vitas  princess coming from the sky, fighting like a Powerful Call Of Duty soldier and on top of that a Cute engineer! lol

SnakeDrake said:

Reminds me of someone

I wonder who you re referring to :D

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
DemoniOtaku said:

at least better than ys Celceta which looks awful, but you forget quickly about it because the game is AWESOME... 

No, the screenshots I've seen of Hearts R make it look significantly worse than Ys Celceta.  It's miles off the Atelier games and the Hyperdimension Neptunia games.

Perhaps it'll look better in motion, but from still shots, it looks extremely poor.

I'm still going to buy it because graphics are far from a selling point for me, it's just pretty disappointing to see.

You sure didn't see DS's screenshots? Because the game doesn't look THAT bad.. For me just look OK, but as bad as being worse than ys Celceta.. DON'T THINK SO! Anyway.. JRpg selling point never have been graphics...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

DemoniOtaku said:

but as bad as being worse than ys Celceta.. DON'T THINK SO! 

Are you sure that you have seen Tales of Hearts R?

I mean, don't get me wrong.  Ys isn't a pretty game either.  It's got a weird haze to it and some poor quality textures on the backgrounds scattered throughout.  And yet the character and monster models are decent and environments do occassionally have some decent features in them.

Tales of Hearts seems to have abysmal environments; terrible monster models and decent character models.

I honestly think that, objectively, by every metric, Hearts R looks worse.

And I know it doesn't matter and it won't affect my enjoyment of the game, I'm just commenting since it's a Namco game and I'd have expected them to have more of a budget than Falcom/Compile Heart/Gust.

Kresnik said:
DemoniOtaku said:

but as bad as being worse than ys Celceta.. DON'T THINK SO! 

Are you sure that you have seen Tales of Hearts R?

I mean, don't get me wrong.  Ys isn't a pretty game either.  It's got a weird haze to it and some poor quality textures on the backgrounds scattered throughout.  And yet the character and monster models are decent and environments do occassionally have some decent features in them.

Tales of Hearts seems to have abysmal environments; terrible monster models and decent character models.

I honestly think that, objectively, by every metric, Hearts R looks worse.

And I know it doesn't matter and it won't affect my enjoyment of the game, I'm just commenting since it's a Namco game and I'd have expected them to have more of a budget than Falcom/Compile Heart/Gust.

Monster Designs aren't very great, yes, but the models aren't that abd.. Well, as I see it... betetr anti alias, and native resolutions make it look better, but YES, textures are pretty simple, but that's part of the art of the game, colorful models, textures, etc... but yes, Neptunia games and even Senran kagura games looks better.. but not as bad as Ys... I think so...

Kresnik said:

just bought : toukiden the age of demons and freedom wars for my vita.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1