By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Kongfucius said:
Remote Play looks pretty impressive

Can't wait to try it out. Has Sony announced, which method they use for rendering the 960x544 stream?

Do they just dump every second pixel horizontally and vertically of the 1920x1080 to 960x540? Or do they use the "downsampling" method (known from PC gaming), which enhances the graphic quality, especially the anti-aliasing:

Around the Network
Kongfucius said:
Remote Play looks pretty impressive - if it works well on Need for Speed then it should work perfectly on JRPGs/slower paced games. The real test for me is how it copes over the internet, because I'm still a little unsure as to whether to buy a PS4 soon because I'll be off to university hopefully next September and I won't be home more than 1/2 the year to use it, but if remote play lets me play on vita, that wouldn't matter.

Also hi guys, long term lurker finally signed up, nice to actually take part in this crazy beast of a thread!!! :)

Welcome your post made me thought that you have been posting in here for a while anyways im sure you know the drill get Gravity Rush for our great goddess Kat and be part of the cult!!!

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

eFKac said:
Kongfucius said:
Remote Play looks pretty impressive - if it works well on Need for Speed then it should work perfectly on JRPGs/slower paced games. The real test for me is how it copes over the internet, because I'm still a little unsure as to whether to buy a PS4 soon because I'll be off to university hopefully next September and I won't be home more than 1/2 the year to use it, but if remote play lets me play on vita, that wouldn't matter.

Also hi guys, long term lurker finally signed up, nice to actually take part in this crazy beast of a thread!!! :)

Welcome! 

Yeah, nothing but praise for the remote play as of late. Funny how Scott Lowe (tech guy at IGN) was talking during a recent podcast Beyond how he thinks that Sony overpromised on remote play, and it will be possible, close to what they have showed, in a couple of years. How he changed his tune when he tried it during their review event on 11th Nov had to eat those earlier words lol

It looks so good, and my internet is fast, no bandwidth cap, so it may accelerate my purchase of the Vita.

Whoops ,that post wasn't very good! Absolute noob question, but when I hit the quote button to, well, quote someone, how do I then add what it was that I wanted to say??

Kongfucius said:
Whoops ,that post wasn't very good! Absolute noob question, but when I hit the quote button to, well, quote someone, how do I then add what it was that I wanted to say??

Scroll down, until the blueish brackets end, hit it once with your mouse on the white, blank part, until the "pointer" is visible and type  

Hope it helps, and is clear,  it's not your usual English, and I'm not a native speaker cheers!

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
Kongfucius said:

Welcome :)

Kresnik said:
Kongfucius said:

Welcome :)

Off topic. Check Runa's Ratchet Nexus review, you're a mod now, you should know what to do with him ;-]

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:

Off topic. Check Runa's Ratchet Nexus review, you're a mod now, you should know what to do with him ;-]

Ha.  No offence to Runa, I'm sure he's great at what he does, but I stopped reading his reviews a while ago when I realised that our tastes did not fall in line at all.  I'm guessing he's scored it pretty low?  He's definitely an advocate of using the full 10 point scale.

Hmm, sorry, didn't work. Seems to be something odd going on - I can get the cursor to appear in the space under the quote but anything I type doesn't show up in the preview. Is it anything to do with my browser (IE10) or cookies maybe? Don't know much about that sort of thing, apologies for clogging the thread.
PS don't see any of the blue brackets eFKac mentioned - important?

Kresnik said:
eFKac said:

Ha.  No offence to Runa, I'm sure he's great at what he does, but I stopped reading his reviews a while ago when I realised that our tastes did not fall in line at all.  I'm guessing he's scored it pretty low?  He's definitely an advocate of using the full 10 point scale.

Spoiler alert! 5.5, Gameplay 8.5, presentation 4.5, value 4.5. One unfortunate thing he reports is a ton of bugs, hopefully Insomniac releases a patch soon.

Greatness Awaits!