By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Weedlab said:
Yea I can't see that Yakuza game being on Vita based on the screens. I don't mind it on remote play. Not like my Vita leaves my house anyway.

Not like Yakuza leaves Japan anyway.

Around the Network
badgenome said:

Not like Yakuza leaves Japan anyway.

Yea that's a disappointment. :/  I'll just have to import the Japanese version and put all those years of watching anime to good use. I really like the series.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

badgenome said:
SxyxS said:

What kind of game/genre is conception2?Never heard of conception 1.

It's a dungeon crawler JRPG where you make babies.

You mean it's like final fantasy where you collect  yellow and a blue chocobos,put them together and get little green birds as result.

SxyxS said:

You mean it's like final fantasy where you collect  yellow and a blue chocobos,put them together and get little green birds as result.

Sort of, only you collect women and asexually reproduce with them to make children who you then force to fight monsters.

Quick question that will determine my decision to purchase:

Do you need to play Ys I &II, Seven, and the other PSP one to understand the story in Memories of Celceta? is this series like FF and Tales where each one is more or less unique to one another, or do they have a concurrent world and story?

Also, for all the complaints I've offered, Vita has a few real good games coming out this holiday, including Rayman, Ys, Killzone, and Tearaway, as well as multiplatform games. I think that may actually be one of the Vita's strengths, that it can play PS3 games with ease. It means it lacks exclusives, but it has a tonne of software, regardless. Rayman is a perfect example.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

Do you need to play Ys I &II, Seven, and the other PSP one to understand the story in Memories of Celceta? is this series like FF and Tales where each one is more or less unique to one another, or do they have a concurrent world and story

Not really. All you need to know is that Adol is a helpful little guy and Dogi hates walls. Each game is pretty much a self contained episode in Adol's life.

Each Ys is self-contained enough that you can start at any point without needing to know much else. You won't be confused.

Yakuza will come to Vita - in some form - eventually. But I don't think Ishin is a Vita game. It looks too good; even if those are bullshots.

And nice Killzone review!

Nice Killzone review from OPM!

To be fair, the European Official magazines are far less "bought" than the 4-6 page adverts that the US Official magazines tend to roll out as reviews.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Runa216 said:

Do you need to play Ys I &II, Seven, and the other PSP one to understand the story in Memories of Celceta? is this series like FF and Tales where each one is more or less unique to one another, or do they have a concurrent world and story?

Also, for all the complaints I've offered, Vita has a few real good games coming out this holiday, including Rayman, Ys, Killzone, and Tearaway, as well as multiplatform games. I think that may actually be one of the Vita's strengths, that it can play PS3 games with ease. It means it lacks exclusives, but it has a tonne of software, regardless. Rayman is a perfect example.

You don't have to, but I highly recommend you play the others. There's a lot of references and shared characters.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.