By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
BasilZero said:

One of the reasons why I'm holding out - the price drop is more than enough for me to get one (which I might this holiday) but if a redesign is in the works I'll hold out on it until my birthday.

Bitch, please. Everyone knows you're holding out because Vita doesn't run Steam (yet).

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
RafaelOrix said:

I would rather die to live on such a twisted world!

Back on topic... do you guys remember that rumor about a redesigned PS Vita to be announced right before TGS this year? Sony do have that SCEJ/A event coming (though I expect to be only PS4 related). But I find curious as there is, in fact, an event coming before TGS. Perhaps there is some truth about that rumor.

One of the reasons why I'm holding out - the price drop is more than enough for me to get one (which I might this holiday) but if a redesign is in the works I'll hold out on it until my birthday.

Well, if it isn't announced this TGS then I would expect a new version around this time by 2014. I expect them to add internal memory (16gb? 32gb perhaps) and HD cam. It could even be a XL PS Vita model, since XL 3DS is a success.

rutea7 said:
got my first platinum today =) it was atelier totori plus!!!!!!!!

Congrats! I bougth that on Digital last week, just try it a little few minutes, then I got hooked with Guacamelee and New Little King's Story (specially this, 13hrs in two days is a record for me :)... So when i finish those two I'll come back to Totori... was a easy platinum?

MDMAlliance said:
I should probably start following this thread considering I have a Vita now.

Just, wellcome on board!! Go and play gravity rush as the Rules of the Cult demand! xD

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

NesFe said:
J-Star Versus supports 2v2 battles (Apparently similar to Gundam Vs ? ).

Vita????? Possible release date? Screens look good!

EDIT

Evermind I looked it up. I'm buying this! Might get it on PS3 though.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Kresnik said:
Regarding Vita's 2014 lineup: It's definitely weak in terms of retail releases, but there's still a lot to love.

Personally, I'm expecting just one or two things from Sony (even though that's seeming more and more unlikely at this point). Perhaps Freedom Wars translation & Gravity Rush 2. Maybe a nice western announcement or two like some cross-buy retail title or something.

Then there's all the indies - Minecraft; Volume; Hotline Miami 2; Fez; Starbound; Final Horizon; Switch Galaxy Ultra & Assault Android Cactus have my attention.

We're getting Danganronpa; Demon Gaze & Holy Sorcery Story already. I'm sure already-translated games like Disgaea 4; Atelier Rorona; Hyperdimension Neptunia & Dynasty Warriors 8 will make it across too. Then I'll be crossing my fingers that things like Mind 0 & Exstetra show up. And I'm sure there are plenty of unannounced Japanese games in the pipeline too, which have the potential to make it over here (especially if Vita grows a healthy niche audience, which I really can't tell if it's doing at the moment or not).

It might not be explosive and AAA, but that's a pretty good year's lineup for me personally.

The two things I wish for are just a bit more Sony $$$ support - I like indies, but even just a title or two from bigger studios would be nice. And secondly, I wish Sony would target higher-level indie games. I think Vita is a more capable machine than it's given credit for. I'd like to see a multi-player F2P FPS come to Vita - something like Blacklight Retribution or Guns of Icarus but scaled down.

How come Sony doesn't bring its most popular franchises, aside of Uncharted, to the PSVita ? I'm talking about Gran Turismo and God of War. The console was released in 2011 and we've got non of them! It's like a Nintendo console without Mario or an Xbox without Halo. 

There are great Indies coming for Vita: Murasaki Baby, Rogue Legacy, Hotline Miami 2, MINECRAFT!!!, but we need more AAA games. Back in 2011 Sony promised PS3-like games, and I mean even if Sony doesn't want to develop more AAA games (PS Vita Pets and BigFest=Crap) at least they should bring all those AAA Japanese games: Tales of Innocence/Hearts, Toukiden, Phantasy Star Online 2, Mind 0, and some others.  

The only AAA games I see in 2014 line-up (for America) are Invizimals: The Alliance (which is being relized this year in Europe) and Borderlands 2. That's it folks!

Around the Network

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/08/26/japan-shuns-the-wonderful-101-3ds-domination-broken-according-to-major-retailers-weekly-sales-charts/

there's no numbers yet but seems like Conception II on Vita sold over (by a BIG margin) the 3ds version...

good news!

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

lehamsy said:

How come Sony doesn't bring its most popular franchises, aside of Uncharted, to the PSVita ? I'm talking about Gran Turismo and God of War. The console was released in 2011 and we've got non of them! It's like a Nintendo console without Mario or an Xbox without Halo. 

PSP was released in 2004, 1st GOW game was released in 2008 and GT in 2009. Just for reference. 

And I really hope that GOW will finally die. It had it's run, time to make something new, hopefully with more likable protagonist. 

oh and I just bought DOA+ ..downloading now

On Soul Sacrifice: Wrath is a pain in the ass boss lol but Illecebra still holds the Most annoying boss crown firmly!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Tom3k said:
lehamsy said:

PSP was released in 2004, 1st GOW game was released in 2008 and GT in 2009. Just for reference. 

And I really hope that GOW will finally die. It had it's run, time to make something new, hopefully with more likable protagonist. 

Well, yeah, but that was PSP, it's a different story.  That console sold a lot in 2005 and 2006 just because of the brand, it had almost no games. 

Mmm... maybe GOW will eventually die, but only if people stop buying it. I'm pretty sure that Sony won't stop making GoW since it sells a lot. I understand that you don't like the franchise, but for me, and millions, Kratos is a legend and easily the most recognizable face at Playstation. Okay maybe not that much, but he is very popular. 

I have been watching some montage videos because I am bored.

And It reminded me of the line-up vita have these coming months.

Toukiden, Atelier Meruru Plus, YS, Valhalla Knights, Tearaway, Killzone: Mercenary, Batman: Arkham Origins, Rayman: legends and the indie games. I really find it solid.