By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Bristow9091 said:
MikeRox said:
If you think MGS2 and 3 are even remotely as technically complex as NFS:MW then I'll merrily bow out now :)

Yeah, I'm not saying they're in the same league, but I'm saying that they're an example of a picture perfect port. And there will definitely, in years to come, be racing games on the Vita that look and perform better than Most Wanted, I mean, we already have games with great graphics such as Uncharted, WipEout, and even Assassin's Creed looks nice, and then there's Gravity Rush with its art style which makes it look gorgeous, and two out of the three games I've just mentioned run perfectly, however, I'll admit they don't have PS3 versions to compare them to. Oh, and before you say it, I know only one of this is a racing game, lol, but it looks gorgeous and the framerate is a lot more stable than Most Wanted, granted it's not an open word game, I'll give you that.

Making original games for it would make people a lot less picky such as myself, since comparing the Vita of a game to the original, which looks gorgeous in comparison, it's a whole lot easier to pick out the flaws and such, whereas if Most Wanted were a Vita exclusive, I'd admit that, well, like I've said, it looks pretty decent, but comparing everything I've seen to the PS3 version just makes it look pretty bad.

I think you're missing the main reasons I and the likes of Digital Foundry are so blown away by NFS:MW on Vita. Yes a dedicated game could have better visuals, the whole thing would be based around Vita specs and could be tailored to it's strengths.

It's interesting you mention Assassin's Creed. That was made specifically for Vita and has a very eratic frame rate. It's also very cut down compared to the home console version in terms of size/scope of the game world. The genre of the game doesn't really matter. The point I was trying to make is, (and please forget graphics, as a Vita game MW looks very good considering everything it is throwing around but yes, the likes of Wipeout have been designed to be able to deliver more impressive visuals).

NFS has taken what was a very complex current generation home console game. And managed to bring it to Vita with identical handling/events/same city with all areas, gates, speed cameras etc., same car handling model so it plays exactly the same. It's so close to the PS3 version in terms of whats included in the package that you can consider it the exact same game. It's not like Wii versions of PS360 games (DIRT 2, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Call of Duty to name a few) where it's actually a different version of the game entirely (and usually shit). I also think it's the only handheld racer of it's kind (open world with fully integrated online etc.) the iOS and Android Need for Speed Most Wanted is actually a completely different game. Also at the 3DS port of NFS The Run in 2011 etc to see what the portable versions of these games were like previously, again a completely different game to the home console versions sharing the same title.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
Tom3k said:
How big was the JP demo? I think I have only ~2GB of free space left... :(

It was around 1gb if I recall. You should be fine!

I am way too excited for this.

Downloading ss demo right now. Is it online?

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:

How? I can't find it on PS Vita store :(

Around the Network
RafaelOrix said:
leatherhat said:

looks like I spoke too soon, its not updated yet

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
RafaelOrix said:
leatherhat said:

looks like I spoke too soon, its not updated yet

Oh ok :)

Can't wait to try it, too bad I have to study right now.

KylieDog said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
So let's assume they do bring a new COD, a New AC and Disney game to vita this year in addition to Valhalla knights, Tearaway, Killzone Merc, Soul Sacrifice and Ys + more

Looks like an absolute fantastic year yet again software wise :D

Let's be realistic, this is barely passable.  I think even WiiU will have a better year...

an exclusive COD,AC game which are two of the top biggest selling franchises at the moment (1st and 3rd to be precise) on Vita can be nothing but good. Disney is a well known entertainment entity, mostly for their movies but nevertheless they are easily recognizable and loved all over.

Tearaway looks AAA, as does Killzone Mercs and Soul Sacrifice. Two new IPs and one with a pedigree all coming out this year.

The rest are just icing on the cake really. Last year was fantastic as well with LBPVita, AC3:L,COD:Declass, Uncharted GA, Gravity Rush, etc. If people are still too cheap and blind to notice the quality that is coming for the Vita than they never will. I Still say it has nothing to do with the software, but the price of the system and the awareness advertising of their existance.

I have to make budget for not just PS3 this year, but also the many Vita titles that I want. Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway,KZ Mercs, Valhalla Knights, Rainbow Moon, etc. Not even talking about the backlog of games that have released and I haven't picked up yet due to limited funds. My wallet weeps.....

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Based on Vg chartz, Persona 4G sold better than all the Persona portable in the same amount of time, even in Europe : Persona 3 PSP did 20k in one year when Persona 4G did 20k in 1-2month.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I can't access the Playstation Store.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!