By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Yes ! Dokuro in Europe !

So in one month we had EDF 2017, Sumioni, Orgarythm, Retro City Rampage and Dokuro !

And on 3DS...Must Wait 2 month...

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Yes ! Dokuro in Europe !

So in one month we had EDF 2017, Sumioni, Orgarythm, Retro City Rampage and Dokuro !

And on 3DS...Must Wait 2 month...

My wallet is crying in a corner. Who needs to eat anyway?

Edit: The attach ratio of psvita owners must be really high

Chark said:
ils411 said:

Its sad how Sony just cant do anything right...first they get trashed for trying to bring home console gameing experience to handhelds, and now they're getting crap from you guys for trying to make games more portable friendly.

Sony just can't get a break

The portable friendly sentiment is more or less a fabrication. Games comes in various shapes and sizes and if you try to limit experience to one type or the other that's what you are left with, limitation. Bite sized, pick up and play games are on every console. Games are games, regardless of system.

+1000 you Level up!

Nowaday with so much checkpints and autosave features EVERY game is a Pick up and Play experience..  I do that a lot on my PS3.. pick up a game play it arround 30min to 1 hour.. then switch to another one or another thing.. like anime o manga.. By Example yesterday at night I was playing One Piece Pirate warriors.. just play it the nigth before for arround a hour and just pick it up in the middle of a mission... I would be more worried if the game were one that You can Pick up and finish in one go... :/ a KZ3 like campaign or better.. like resistance 3.. epic and glorious... would be great... but little missions wouldn't be so bad too.. and it was implicit on the presentation video at gamescon...

So let's wait.. for me if the gameplay is great i don't care if is Pick up and play missions like Unit13 or long campaign like KZ3 or such console games...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Unit 13 was very good for a scoring TPS, one of my first game and platinum on Vita, it let me good souvenirs.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

HokageTenshi said:
Chark said:
HokageTenshi said:
b.t.w does anyone knows about how PS3 and Vita cross save data works when the Vita game were in digital which it doesn't have any save data seperately to copy to PS3...??

To be safe, so you don't accidently delete your only save. Use Content Manager to organize your PS Plus save data. You can copy saves from Vita to Cloud from there individually, as well as view your save data and compare which ones are up to date. If you don't have plus, or would rather have offline saves transfer the files directly to a computer or PS3.

do you mean digital Vita games that have cross save function will have seperate save data to copy to PS3? unlike ordinary digital Vita games that the save data is save in the digital game file itself?

I don't know, it's the cloud. It's like magic. Really though it probably has each game search both Vita and PS3 save files for cross saves compatibility. So instead of making two saves, the game itself is capable of reaching into Vita saves from PS3 or PS3 saves from Vita. So it is kind of like a save file that is in both 1gb storages while not needing to be. So it probably keeps the save in the storage pool it was uploaded from. So my Retro City Rampage save is on Vita's 1gb of cloud data, but my PS3 version loads that save and updates that save. Unless they do create two saves that update together but that seems ineffecient.

Cross save games might as well fall into the 2gb of storage category instead of being seen as 1gb PS3 or 1gb Vita.

EDIT: I might have misunderstood your original question actually. A cross save game should have the option to upload a save from a menu somewhere, at least Retro City Rampage could do it in game. You upload your save that way and it should be in the cloud, but you can always look from content manager if you are worried about deleting a game from your Vita.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

What do you think about Retro City Rampage? Do you recommend it? When I played the demo for the first time I got disappointed and didn't like it one bit. I was expecting something totally different, something like the original GTA. But I've recently played the demo second time and this time knowing what to expect, I actually really enjoyed the game. So now I'm kinda at a loss about it. What do you think about it?

I hope for a huge, epic campaign in KZ. With this many savepoints and the sleep mode in Vita I can't care less about bite-sized missions. If I have little time, I have a butt-load of bite-size games. I want epic games to remain epic.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

badgenome said:
ils411 said:
Has anyone here gotten the Platinum for Persona 4 Golden? I'm about to take on the last dungeon on my third play through and I'm still lacking 2 trophies (max. s links and read all books).

Any tips on how to get the max s links trophy? And if anyone here says to follow a faq/guide I will slap you so hard you'll have to open your zipper to talk. Faqs/guides are for lame ass wimps and anyone relying on faqs are not true gamers!

If you make sure that all your time is spent doing social activities and you have the proper personas on you, it really shouldn't be a problem. Of course, that means when you do a dungeon you'll want to finish it all in one go (and do it on a rainy day, if possible). And don't go after Adachi until the last possible day, which I believe is December 24, so you can squeeze out some extra days.

Also, make sure to get Adachi's up to rank 6 by December (the rest is automatic) and max out Marie's before the skiing trip.

THat's what I'm doing. Cleared Kanji's, Yukiko's, and Rise's dungeon all in one day (while still getting extras for quests). I'm getting good to the point where I should max all SL in one playthrough (hopefully!).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Scisca said:
What do you think about Retro City Rampage? Do you recommend it? When I played the demo for the first time I got disappointed and didn't like it one bit. I was expecting something totally different, something like the original GTA. But I've recently played the demo second time and this time knowing what to expect, I actually really enjoyed the game. So now I'm kinda at a loss about it. What do you think about it?

RCR was hilarious. The gameplay isn't perfect, and a few missions are annoying as shit (like the mission where you have to tail a guy, and it's all a commentary on how awful and stupid tailing missions are, but it manages to be just as awful and stupid as any other tailing mission, so it's just annoying instead of being amusing), but I really liked it a lot overall. It was a fun reminder of what it was like growing up playing "Nintendo hard" games. And the sheer number of references to games and TV shows is truly impressive!

Scisca said:

I hope for a huge, epic campaign in KZ. With this many savepoints and the sleep mode in Vita I can't care less about bite-sized missions. If I have little time, I have a butt-load of bite-size games. I want epic games to remain epic.

The intro is a little weird because the game is so fast paced but the start has things flying at you even faster than the rest of the game. Things become more open and you get used to the speed and they don't throw as much stimulation at you all at once. RCR is a great game and it does pull of the old GTA feel pretty well as it is its main gameplay mechanic. The game doesn't take itself seriously and it is jam packed full of funny gaming culture nods.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

See? This is why I should bitch more often.

I bitch about getting no info and BOOM! I get info.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!