By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Heavenly_King said:
badgenome said:

DAFAQ I just watched? O_o

MIND BLOWN!!!

OT: I've made a pledge not to play P4G until I'm done with RO and PSASBR until I'm done(or a good chunk of it) with AC III

Around the Network

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU TO TARARUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My P4G froze on me just as I finished scaling to the top of Yukiko's Castle in one go ;-( *cries uncontrollably*

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Goddamn Vita! I can't keep up!

I want to finish Assassin's Creed and get Platinum, LittlebigPlanet I had to stop halfway through, Ragnarok I'm almost done but not quite, then there's PErsona and Playstation All-Stars, and I'm getting Unit 13. I can't keep up!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Can anyone tell me when the amazon deal goes live. Everyone bashing the vita in that thread and no one has answered me.

Mmmfishtacos said:
Can anyone tell me when the amazon deal goes live. Everyone bashing the vita in that thread and no one has answered me.

@bold: how the fuck can someone bash the vita in a thread like that? sigh this place is filled with such jaded negative people

and follow this thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500933&page=10

there seems to be some confusion about the time 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

Because all anyone want to do on this site is bash it. No matter how good it actually is. They want to talk about how bad cod:dc is but fail to acknowledge how good persona 4 is. Is there a portable game that even has a 95 metacritic this year? Maybe Zelda, that's it. It like everyone expected cod to be vita life line, and that's not the case. It's sold 90,000 this week. That's not bad for something people deem as to expensive. I reported someone for saying the vita is dead and he got nothing, but in the sales tread some one call black ops crap and got instant banned. The vita has been an amazing handheld from day one.

Two systems released this year, the Vita and the WiiU.

Of the two, the Vita demonstrated a much, much greater increase in technology of its speciality (handheld gaming).
Of the two, the Vita had a much better launch window as far as quality, high ranked exclusives.
Of the two, the Vita is cheaper
Of the two, the Vita is overall a better product.

And yet Nintendo will sell like hotcakes, and people on this site will continue to call the Vita a failure and a waste of time even though it is a much better product (comparable in abilities, too, only portable). sometimes I just flat out want to yell at people for their ignorance. I don't know how many more times I can repeat the same mantra, but it's just frustrating to fight against the same ineffectual and inane arguments against the vita. I really don't know what to do with the haters, or what argument I could possibly make to change their minds. The facts are there, and the sales are not, but the quality certainly is. the Vita is THE system to beat this year, but people are convinced it sucks.

They say it has no games, but statistically it has one of the best launch years of ANY console EVER! (in fact I can't think of a better system in its first year for volume of high quality exclusives, and I did the research).

They say it fails at emulating console games on a handheld. Not only is this wrong, but we all know damn well it's not a fair thing to say. People love to bash it because Assassin's Creed III Liberation wasn't as good as Assassin's Creed III, and Call of Duty sucked, but the fact that we have these games at all is a testament to what the system can do. Quality online gaming on the go, rather huge open worlds that MAY not be as vast as the console counterparts but still massive, and equal combat and comparable graphics. I just get so angry when people use this as an argument against the system. That'd be like complaining about, I dunno, Journey, for not having guns. It's a freakin handheld, just becuase it CAN do console type gaming doesn't mean that by default it should all the time. And if you want console quality with deep story and huge worlds and hundreds of hours of content, get PErsona! Hell, even Uncharted is comparable to its console brethren.

They say it's too expensive, and I do agree there. Great system and is worth your money, but Sony should have learned their lesson with the PS3. 200 is the max they should charge for it, and the fact that the 3DS sales skyrocketed when Nintendo brought down the price showed that people AREN'T willing to shell out 250+ for a handheld. Memory Card Prices are kinda sad, too. though most systems come with 4 gig, which is more than the 3DS's 2 gig. Still shouldn't even be an issue. Those are really the only two PROPER complaints about the system, and they both have to do with price.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
Two systems released this year, the Vita and the WiiU.

Of the two, the Vita demonstrated a much, much greater increase in technology of its speciality (handheld gaming).
Of the two, the Vita had a much better launch window as far as quality, high ranked exclusives.
Of the two, the Vita is cheaper
Of the two, the Vita is overall a better product.

And yet Nintendo will sell like hotcakes, and people on this site will continue to call the Vita a failure and a waste of time even though it is a much better product (comparable in abilities, too, only portable). sometimes I just flat out want to yell at people for their ignorance. I don't know how many more times I can repeat the same mantra, but it's just frustrating to fight against the same ineffectual and inane arguments against the vita. I really don't know what to do with the haters, or what argument I could possibly make to change their minds. The facts are there, and the sales are not, but the quality certainly is. the Vita is THE system to beat this year, but people are convinced it sucks.

They say it has no games, but statistically it has one of the best launch years of ANY console EVER! (in fact I can't think of a better system in its first year for volume of high quality exclusives, and I did the research).

They say it fails at emulating console games on a handheld. Not only is this wrong, but we all know damn well it's not a fair thing to say. People love to bash it because Assassin's Creed III Liberation wasn't as good as Assassin's Creed III, and Call of Duty sucked, but the fact that we have these games at all is a testament to what the system can do. Quality online gaming on the go, rather huge open worlds that MAY not be as vast as the console counterparts but still massive, and equal combat and comparable graphics. I just get so angry when people use this as an argument against the system. That'd be like complaining about, I dunno, Journey, for not having guns. It's a freakin handheld, just becuase it CAN do console type gaming doesn't mean that by default it should all the time. And if you want console quality with deep story and huge worlds and hundreds of hours of content, get PErsona! Hell, even Uncharted is comparable to its console brethren.

They say it's too expensive, and I do agree there. Great system and is worth your money, but Sony should have learned their lesson with the PS3. 200 is the max they should charge for it, and the fact that the 3DS sales skyrocketed when Nintendo brought down the price showed that people AREN'T willing to shell out 250+ for a handheld. Memory Card Prices are kinda sad, too. though most systems come with 4 gig, which is more than the 3DS's 2 gig. Still shouldn't even be an issue. Those are really the only two PROPER complaints about the system, and they both have to do with price.

I think that the price of the system is very affordable for what it offer...  but the problem comes to the memoryCards.. I was specting more some BlackFriday offers on MemCards (I bougth a 8gb MC with the system) to go all digital than offers on the bundle.. not those aren't great deals.. But MC are a too gigh priced.. And the minimum storage should be 8GB... and should be up to 64gb or 128gb... SONY I think make a mistake not using SD cards like 3DS... they are faster and cheaper... a 128gb  Class10 SD card is just arround 70$ that's less than 32gb vita's cards... :/And about games.. I'm having fun with Uncharted GA rigth now.. and the best game on 3Ds I think is RE:Rev until now.. and those aren't so much "portable" games.. those are Home console game experience on a portable console.. with it's own and unique features.. (Giroscope aiming is awesome.. already have 20 headshots XD)..

Sensei said:

Yes you can re-download a game as long as it is in your download list, even if it is no longer the month's offering.

And You can back them up on a PS3 or PC... that's a betteroption...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

By the way guys.. some details on the FW2.0 that I noticed since yesterday:

-Trophies now sync on background when you acces the trophies app... and when you sync the trophies from PSN.. they appear only resumed.. c¡quantity and such.. You can't see the trophies individually...

When you take a ScreenShot now you can continue playin or using the game or app you screenshoted.. But you still have to wait till you can take another shot.. but I think it wit less time... So now You can take a shot on that fight on that game vs that final bos that you want.. without getting hurt or gameover because You can't move..

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

you know what? I really feel sorry for Assassin's creed III: Liberation. It was supposed to be one of Vita's killer apps (and by all means it should be), but that ever looming threat of its older brother ruined its chances of being considered great.

Seriously, compare that game to anything on Vita, PSP, DS, or 3DS in the last year, and nothing comes close in terms of scope, graphics, and content (except maybe Pokemon Black and White 2, which are known for their scale and depth).

think about it. It's a full world with a city, a wilderness area, and dozens of side missions. Just the campaign alone is 8-10 hours long, which is on par with any console action/adventure game, not to mention the collectibles and stuff could easily last you 25-30 hours, which, again, is on par with console games, and in many ways is better (Good luck taking 25 hours to get platinum on Call of Duty or Uncharted or pretty much any other game in the action/adventure genres.)

Graphically, I can't think of many games that look better on handhelds. Uncharted Golden Abyss looked better, and I suppose LittlebigPlanet Vita did as well, but it's still one of the best looking, designed, and animated games on the system.

IT had two flaws, three if you count the bugs and glitches that will be patched. 1 - The story wasn't as epic or grand as it could have been, and 2 - It's not as good as Assassin's creed III.

Basically, the only reason this game isn't considered a system selling killer app is because no matter how good it is, Assassin's Creed III will always be hovering over it as the better game with the better story and characters. If this game truly was judged on its own merits and compared to its actual competition (Action/Adventure games on handhelds), it'd be getting high 8's/low 9's.

I gave this game a score of 7.8 because that's what my content editors felt was fitting in the review (thanks to the fact that I DID in fact compare it to its console counterpart). Now that I've had a month or so to think about it and reflect on what it was and what it represented, I truly wish I'd have given it the better score. My personal score for the game is an 8.8. Not quite a 9 gem, but still a load of fun and really awesome.

Sadly, instead it's basically the poster boy for why the Vita fails at emulating console quality, even though it's really not TRYING to. IT looks like it is, but if you really took the game's level design and missions into consideration, it'd be very clear that it was certainly tailored to its system. No wonder games get shitty reviews on handhelds: Reviewers are too busy comparing it to Console games to realize what is important and what works better on handhelds.

R.I.P. Assassin's Creed III: Liberation.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX