By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/pd/productID.235393500/

amazing value...heard they have sales for madded and Fifa Vita as well. If I hadn't spent so much already today I would be all over this

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

So I just bought a White Vita bundle for my wife and it is amazing looking. It even feels better than my launch Vita. I also bought a new PS3 for my 3D display.

Oh and there were a ton of people getting a Vita at gamestop.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

man that deal is so nice. lucky new vita owners!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
M.U.G.E.N said:
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/pd/productID.235393500/

amazing value...heard they have sales for madded and Fifa Vita as well. If I hadn't spent so much already today I would be all over this

NIce, it re-directed me to the UK page. It has Mass effect trilogy (PC) for £19.99! Bargain! Shame my laptop can barely play 2.

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.

Runa216 said:
you know what? I really feel sorry for Assassin's creed III: Liberation. It was supposed to be one of Vita's killer apps (and by all means it should be), but that ever looming threat of its older brother ruined its chances of being considered great.

Seriously, compare that game to anything on Vita, PSP, DS, or 3DS in the last year, and nothing comes close in terms of scope, graphics, and content (except maybe Pokemon Black and White 2, which are known for their scale and depth).

think about it. It's a full world with a city, a wilderness area, and dozens of side missions. Just the campaign alone is 8-10 hours long, which is on par with any console action/adventure game, not to mention the collectibles and stuff could easily last you 25-30 hours, which, again, is on par with console games, and in many ways is better (Good luck taking 25 hours to get platinum on Call of Duty or Uncharted or pretty much any other game in the action/adventure genres.)

Graphically, I can't think of many games that look better on handhelds. Uncharted Golden Abyss looked better, and I suppose LittlebigPlanet Vita did as well, but it's still one of the best looking, designed, and animated games on the system.

IT had two flaws, three if you count the bugs and glitches that will be patched. 1 - The story wasn't as epic or grand as it could have been, and 2 - It's not as good as Assassin's creed III.

Basically, the only reason this game isn't considered a system selling killer app is because no matter how good it is, Assassin's Creed III will always be hovering over it as the better game with the better story and characters. If this game truly was judged on its own merits and compared to its actual competition (Action/Adventure games on handhelds), it'd be getting high 8's/low 9's.

I gave this game a score of 7.8 because that's what my content editors felt was fitting in the review (thanks to the fact that I DID in fact compare it to its console counterpart). Now that I've had a month or so to think about it and reflect on what it was and what it represented, I truly wish I'd have given it the better score. My personal score for the game is an 8.8. Not quite a 9 gem, but still a load of fun and really awesome.

Sadly, instead it's basically the poster boy for why the Vita fails at emulating console quality, even though it's really not TRYING to. IT looks like it is, but if you really took the game's level design and missions into consideration, it'd be very clear that it was certainly tailored to its system. No wonder games get shitty reviews on handhelds: Reviewers are too busy comparing it to Console games to realize what is important and what works better on handhelds.

R.I.P. Assassin's Creed III: Liberation.

I think that the heavy bundle.. and mouth to mouth will give long legs to that title.. and more given that is one of the reference of the console rigth now... this week debuted on Japan.. and it have god second week in US.. plus in Europe should do better... lately you keep gloom and dooming the good games on Vita.. Go and play something.. Vita's d00mers are affecting your sanity!

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Around the Network

I agree with him. had it come out in 6 no this time it would probably have scored better. Its the same with Most Wanted. It wasnt rated as a game in its own right. It was marked down against the bits that didn't come across from the console version.

Most wanted is peerless for on the go driving. Nothing comes remotely close.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

KylieDog said:
Is there a list of what digital PSP games work on Vita, SCEE/UK store preferably.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316058

there you have!

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

My store had 20 Vita systems in stock (bundles, 3G models and Wi-Fi models). Only 4 were sold in the first couple of hours. However, the we had 36 Super Slim PS3 that had Uncharted Dual Pack, Uncharted 3 Game of the Year Edition, inFamous Collection and a 250gb hard drive for $200. That bundle sold out within the first hour.

Runa216 said:
you know what? I really feel sorry for Assassin's creed III: Liberation. It was supposed to be one of Vita's killer apps (and by all means it should be), but that ever looming threat of its older brother ruined its chances of being considered great.

Seriously, compare that game to anything on Vita, PSP, DS, or 3DS in the last year, and nothing comes close in terms of scope, graphics, and content (except maybe Pokemon Black and White 2, which are known for their scale and depth).

think about it. It's a full world with a city, a wilderness area, and dozens of side missions. Just the campaign alone is 8-10 hours long, which is on par with any console action/adventure game, not to mention the collectibles and stuff could easily last you 25-30 hours, which, again, is on par with console games, and in many ways is better (Good luck taking 25 hours to get platinum on Call of Duty or Uncharted or pretty much any other game in the action/adventure genres.)

Graphically, I can't think of many games that look better on handhelds. Uncharted Golden Abyss looked better, and I suppose LittlebigPlanet Vita did as well, but it's still one of the best looking, designed, and animated games on the system.

IT had two flaws, three if you count the bugs and glitches that will be patched. 1 - The story wasn't as epic or grand as it could have been, and 2 - It's not as good as Assassin's creed III.

Basically, the only reason this game isn't considered a system selling killer app is because no matter how good it is, Assassin's Creed III will always be hovering over it as the better game with the better story and characters. If this game truly was judged on its own merits and compared to its actual competition (Action/Adventure games on handhelds), it'd be getting high 8's/low 9's.

I gave this game a score of 7.8 because that's what my content editors felt was fitting in the review (thanks to the fact that I DID in fact compare it to its console counterpart). Now that I've had a month or so to think about it and reflect on what it was and what it represented, I truly wish I'd have given it the better score. My personal score for the game is an 8.8. Not quite a 9 gem, but still a load of fun and really awesome.

Sadly, instead it's basically the poster boy for why the Vita fails at emulating console quality, even though it's really not TRYING to. IT looks like it is, but if you really took the game's level design and missions into consideration, it'd be very clear that it was certainly tailored to its system. No wonder games get shitty reviews on handhelds: Reviewers are too busy comparing it to Console games to realize what is important and what works better on handhelds.

I agree yet there is no need to feel too bad for the game. It has to be selling extremely well (Probably the bundle) because over the past few days Uncharted and Netflix got dethroned pretty hard on Near OaA, Sky rocketed to the top of the list with over 100+ people playing it currently as opposed to Uncharted which is now somwhere in the middle of the list at 60 people owning it. This won't be super precise but people around me are definitely interested.

I love ACIII: L and it should not be lumped in with CoD:D, it is indisputedly a good game, great even. I love Aveline almost as much as Altair and the free running is buttery smooth to pull off.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Runa216 said:

I think the problem is that both cod:d and ac:l were launched along the console versions. They should have made the vita versions available a couple of months before the release of the console versions. There is no point for most people to buy the vita games when the ps3/360 are simply put better. Liberation would have done great if it was released in September in anticipation of ac:III. It could have been a prologue/prequel you needed to play to get a better understanding of ac:III and get some special items you could use on the ps3 version. Now that would probably sell better.

Oh well. I'll definitely buy it when I have some cash flow