By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
leatherhat said:
So who all has RO? I'd like to get a list going so we can do some co-op.

plan on picking it up tomorrow.  psn: kitler53

Around the Network

Is it just me or does Treasure Park not work well with Near. I swear only 1 in 4 game goods actually load up into Treasure Park. I have 26 in a row but I can't get any more sheets to play because of this. How am I suppose to surpass Shuhei Yoshida?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

badgenome said:
  • And Heihachi Mishima's pimp coat.

Hahahaha.  It's funny because it's true. 

Anyway, came here to post news, ish.  Some Muramasa screens from Vita version:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/376514/muramasa-vita-screens-are-small-but-sweet/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

Lookin' good.

Okay, Now that I put over 20 hours into Ragnarok Odyssey, I can give some detailed info on the game for people on the fence.
Note: I've only played 10 missions alone, and played over 60 missions online with friends who I'm progressing with. We got to 4-6.
Leveling system: There IS a leveling system, just not a system that's experience points based. But technically experience based. Look in your Status info and you will see you player Rank, (I'm rank 4, which means I leveled up 3 times) Rank 10 is for beating the game.
Card System: It is actually extremely easy and simple to understand but different for everyone. Mix and max cards to fit into your player clothes. The only things clothes affect is card slots which all can be upgradable. The slots go up to 100 points, and alot of the cards is sacrifice something to get something else, the good cards you'll find on missions so don't worry to much.
Clothes: The only real upgrade on clothes is adding card slots, easy comparison would be like adding the ability to add more materia on your stuff in FFVII, besides that its all looks. Also good thing about that situation because everything is completely upgradable, you can wear what you want. Also when you buy clothes with certain abilities those abilitys are also given to you because its just preset cards in the clothes.
Trophy's: Apart from the death trophies (and potion trophy in my case lol), all the trophies will come naturally which is good. I'm missing only 2 hidden trophys that's not chapter based. And I have alot to go for card collecting and so on, good thing is you can hold up to 5 things from friends in near which can help quite a bit on certain things.
Areas: Seems you unlock different areas every chapter.
Bosses: Are Epic, apart from orc king, the bosses have strategy to them. Chapter 3s boss is epic especially.
Combat: I use a cleric and every character playes different. So I can only speak for myself.
- Combos with cleric can be changed completly because the style the combat is made to be like. Example I can swing then rush with my shield then swing twice, then launch, and while the enemy is launched, I can charge a offensive spell that takes like 3 secends to cast and basically kill any enemy but bosses of course lol. But I can also choose to jump it from the launch and swing 3 times then whale on em with like 6 rapid swings then do a knockback, then airdash to where there going to bounce then use the ground launcher and then charge thecircle attack to the ground, you'll get like a 40 hit combo if you do it right, with just one enemy. But as a Cleric and the fact I basically only play with friends online I'm always using the healing circle and jumping and round to help in battle so I'm important to everyones survival. I am also the strategist, I do stuff like set up combos like the one I said but after the launch the swordwarrior wales on him since hes stronger then the hammersmith jumps up and smashes him into my magic that takes long to launch and while I'm hitting them they go, love it.
Extras: the performance of this game is amazing. I destroyed like 14 porrings smashing em all into walls in a circle around the room with ten showing on screen being smashed off the walls exploding and more being hit on the ways to the was etc. And NO frame drop. This game has a consistant locked framerate I believe. Only drops is if online connecrions lag and it only lags randomly every hour or so for like 2 secs.
Also when playing online never , play with the same class and its better with friends cause party chat adds soo much to the experience
Personally I'd give the game 9/10
My only main issues is, I wished I could go out into the fields without being assigned a mission. Because when I wanna grind materials I don't like that I completed a mission then gotta go back again, or being hit with a time limit etc.
Last thing is Colin lied in his review completely. Me and my friends checked everything he complained about in the game, and nothing was valid but the things that are always those ways fot games in the monster hunting genre. They said no real tutorials? The manual has tutorials as well as. Specifically, ingame they told me if I need tutorials or additional info, to go to my room on the wall is a list of tutorials, and those as adetailed as you can possibly need. Cause in the fame they fully tell you the basicas and tell you to try out things and experiance for yourself you'll understand best that way. I'm loving this

Euphoria14 said:

Another thing that's bugging me is the lack of variety in weapon drops compared to what is available to purchase in town.

Either you buy this sword from the swordsmith for 2,000 Zeny or hope it drops from a monster. Either way you get the same sword and it is the only NEW sword currently available for your hero. That or your (1) new choice for a new bow, mace, hammer, etc... depending on your class.

I hope I am going to reach a point where I play a new section and I get a sword drop with some decent mod and then I later on I maybe see another sword drop but with a different name and look, with the look being more than a mere palette swap? Why should it take a new chapter before a new weapon becomes available in either a drop or a purchase?

If the game has 10 chapters will I end up with 10 different weapon choices only? I certainly hope not.

Sounds exactly like Monster Hunter.

Not sure what else you were expecting...

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Chevinator123 said:
IGN is a fucking joke, they have something against the vita i swear. it's a conspiracy

NFS:MW 9.0 = console
NFS:MW 7.4 = Vita "Less trafic" " Less thrilling experience"

its the same exact game wtf

NFS MW 9.0 ON iOS!
That sign that you have is a description of what IGN is rigth now..

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

DemoniOtaku said:
Chevinator123 said:
IGN is a fucking joke, they have something against the vita i swear. it's a conspiracy

NFS MW 9.0 ON iOS!

-_- fuck reviews ..seriously

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

DemoniOtaku said:
Chevinator123 said:

NFS MW 9.0 ON iOS!

Are you joking, because I see the iOS IGN review as a 6.9

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

outlawauron said:
Euphoria14 said:

Another thing that's bugging me is the lack of variety in weapon drops compared to what is available to purchase in town.

Either you buy this sword from the swordsmith for 2,000 Zeny or hope it drops from a monster. Either way you get the same sword and it is the only NEW sword currently available for your hero. That or your (1) new choice for a new bow, mace, hammer, etc... depending on your class.

I hope I am going to reach a point where I play a new section and I get a sword drop with some decent mod and then I later on I maybe see another sword drop but with a different name and look, with the look being more than a mere palette swap? Why should it take a new chapter before a new weapon becomes available in either a drop or a purchase?

If the game has 10 chapters will I end up with 10 different weapon choices only? I certainly hope not.

I never played Monster Hunter.

How many different armors and weapons are available in MH? I got the impression that there are tons you can create.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
outlawauron said:
Euphoria14 said:

I never played Monster Hunter.

How many different armors and weapons are available in MH? I got the impression that there are tons you can create.

There are tons you can create, but they're mostly cosmetic. It's also a grind for materials.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.