By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can't the PS3/VITA combo already DO, the WiiU?

We already know that Sony is working on ways to link the PS3 and PSVITA...

And the WiiU is bassically a current Gen console with an extra screen.

While watching the Nintendo conference, it became rather apparent that a system link between the PS3 and PSVITA can already do what the WIIU can.

HD screen? Check.  (It can play 720p or more of the PS3 does the graphics processing and sends the data directly to the VITA over a WiFi connection)

Touch Screen?  Check + Rear touch screen.

Dual Analog stick?  Check+ More confy positioning.

Front facing Camera?  Check + Rear facing camera

Motion control?   Check.

Ect.

Not to mention the plethera of additional content the VITA has to offer.  (Bringing games on the move)

Or am i completely missing something here?

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network

- I don't think all games will support this
- You need to own 2 systems
- Do you need to buy the game on both Vita and PS3?
- Nintendo will market it way more since it's one of its main functions

Of course a PS3/PS Vita combo could do anything Nintendo showed (if the sw developers wanted, which is not likely). Don't forget the Vita is a $249/299 computer, though, while the Nintendo controler is more limited in its raw power (but a lot cheaper).

Yes, it can do the same thing.

However, it is not dedicated to do that as the WiiU controller is. The PS3 and PSV are separate machines and not sold together.

But if you think about it, the PSV+PS3 combo can possibly do MORE than the WiiU, cause unlike the WiiU, you can take your PSV out of the house and along for the ride wherever you go. The WiiU controller cannot do that. So, Sony can certainly market this and they have, but it will not be something mandatory as the functionality the WiiU controller will have.

I gotta say I am very interested in the PSV, and may get it. I have had a PSP for about 6 years or so, but I never really used it until the last 2 years. And even then, most of my gaming was on the PS3. But still, the PSV is damn sexy and I might just get it.

We do not have a price on the WiiU yet but...if its slightly more powerful than current Gen consoles + The Bulky controller...probably looking at a launch price of 399.99, which isnt bad by anymeans .

But as i already have a PS3, the PS3V combo is far more appealing to me, being $150 Less in total cost + more total power.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network

However, Nintendo is the only one that has the best selling franchise in history: Mario

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

I should be possible.

4 ≈ One

mysticwolf said:
However, Nintendo is the only one that has the best selling franchise in history: Mario

You tend to sell a lot of something, if that something tends to be all you want to produce. 50 Mario games a generation kinda makes him sell a lot.

By the way. Angry Birds are about to shit all over Mario.

It's similar to Kinect and PSEye - similar functionality but SONY didn't really know what to do with it.

Zuhyc said:
- I don't think all games will support this
- You need to own 2 systems
- Do you need to buy the game on both Vita and PS3?
- Nintendo will market it way more since it's one of its main functions

It looked like the game Ruin had some of the functionality of the Wii U. You could continue playing on the PSVita then switch to PS3 etc.

Also it may be two systems... but for current PS3 owners it will be cheaper to buy a PSVita then a WiiU.

Nintendo will market it a lot better though... SONY doesn't do a good job of marketing their products.