By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So does my prediction of the PSVita outselling the 3DS sound crazy now?

With the recent announements of PSVita being Price $250Wifi/$3003G it's looking pretty obvious that the PSVita gonna dominated the handheld market. With the list of huge games and everything else the Vita can do and now price on it's side, it's in another league. Not to mention the very dissapointing sales of the 3DS.

There was a lot of people calling me crazy about this thinking the vita was going to be a $500 - $600 machine, just wanna remind them that it's not so crazy right now :)

Around the Network

YAY ! I suggest we celebrate now since victory is guaranteed. Its not like it might come back to bite us in the ass or anything.

Lets dance !

Not really just because it has total technical superiority and attractive price it might be not enough to catch attention of millions who think that Mario something is pinnacle of portable entertainment ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I'd wait until after Nintendo's conference before claiming victory.

forest-spirit said:
I'd wait until after Nintendo's conference before claiming victory.

This. Always this.

Around the Network

plausible and without a doubt less crazy, I wouldn't say it is likely though.

Yes. But less "holy shit, call the fucking cops" crazy than it was before. More "give you a funny look" crazy.

Hmmm. I don't know. 3DS still has the pricecut advantage once Nintendo sees PSV getting more sales than 3DS during the holidays. If they had the same launch date, same price, but PSV having the better games, things could really go better for Sony. But even that, nintendo still got their Mario, Pokemon. It's not just easy as having the same price and greater specs than the other competitor. If it would have been that way, Gamecube should have outsold PS2.

Gilgamesh said:

With the recent announements of PSVita being Price $250Wifi/$3003G it's looking pretty obvious that the PSVita gonna dominated the handheld market. With the list of huge games and everything else the Vita can do and now price on it's side, it's in another league. Not to mention the very dissapointing sales of the 3DS.

There was a lot of people calling me crazy about this thinking the vita was going to be a $500 - $600 machine, just wanna remind them that it's not so crazy right now :)

I wouldn't say pretty obvious just yet, after all, the 3DS has a pretty huge list of games as well, and Nintendo's conference hasn't started yet. Sales? The 3DS isn't selling well now because of software.

I don't understand...what changed? PSP was only 50 bucks more than the DS at launch and PSP was similarly destroying it "spec" wise...and look what happened.

This so feels like 2004 all over again its not even funny.

The bottom line is that Sony has no clue how to make portable games to appeal to mass market. Their "portable" games appeal to hardcore only as they are console ports. Hardcore will gobble up the NGP but a year after launch it will be business as usual.

Nintendo has yet to release a Mario game for the 3DS for Christs sake...