By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 4 will boast a polygon count of over 1 million compared to 400,000 in Forza 3?

DGP

Forza Motorsport 4 made a somewhat fleeting appearance during Microsoft’s E3 conference, reiterating its key features of over 500 cars spread across over 80 manufacturers, a World Tour, monthly expansions and Kinect support. Not that Microsoft’s conference could have been any more inundated with Kinect.

What the conference did confirm, however, is that Forza Motorsport 4 is revving up for release on October 11th in North America, October 14th in Europe and October 20th elsewhere, which was announced in a tasty new trailer that showcases the insanely intricate interiors of the lavishly modeled cars, which you can also salivate over in a host of new screenshots below.

Speaking of which, it has also been revealed that Forza 4′s cars will boast a polygon count of over 1 million compared to 400,000 in Forza 3, resulting in a staggering level of detail that, dare I say it, could surpass Gran Turismo 5 which had half the number of polygons for its Premium models at 500,000. The high poly count makes sense given that you can open every body panel via Kinect, though how this translates in-game remains to be seen.

I hate to tread old ground once again, but consider this: GT5 has 200 premium models with 500,00 polygons along with a further 800 cars downgraded to 100,000 polygons. Forza Motorsport 4′s entire roster of over 500 cars will potentially have twice the amount detail of GT5′s Premium models.

http://drivinggamespro.com/news/forza-motorsport-4-cars/

Around the Network

Well they boasted about the poly count with Forza 3 too but the game didn't turn out that impressive graphically. I ain't buying this now. It doesn't matter how many fake polygons they use if the car still doesn't look that much better.

is that Ferarri picture real or graphics? o.O

TT Makaveli said:
is that Ferarri picture real or graphics? o.O

Forza 4

I hate the ego some developers have. At least this is not a direct comment toward Polyphony, unlike Dice repeatedly having to say how Battlefield is greater than Call of Duty.
Nice, i expected an improvement but this is more than i thought. I won't take their word for the overall visuals until i see actual gameplay.(I have my reasons)

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

They can list whatever polygon numbers they want, their lighting engine is still years behind what GT5 has. Their ingame models still look worse, as you can see from ingame videos of Forza4. The cars still don't react in anyway to the surface of the road or bumps from other cars, once again its a car not a magic carpet.

But they still have many months left to go, so maybe they can fix the floating car problem.

They can have all the polygons in the world and have the cars still look like ass...its how you use those polygons.

But with that said F4 looks like a pretty big graphical increase from F3.

in the showroom yes. On the street, probably not or you won't notice them as it's pointed out everything is modelled even those things that you can't see while racing (engine etc.)

Barozi said:
in the showroom yes. On the street, probably not or you won't notice them as it's pointed out everything is modelled even those things that you can't see while racing (engine etc.)

Incorrect, I've seen tons of gameplay demos and the detail in everything is fantastic, it clearly looks better overall then GT5.