3 84 12.23%

2 40 5.82%

1 124 18.05%

Total:687
smroadkill15 said:
Aldro said:
smroadkill15 said:
MessiaH said:
I chose a 3, let me tell you why in a fabricated statement that Microsoft pretty much gave with their conference:

"Hey casuals, please do come in and play. We really like you and want to bite into your tasty slice of pie. To our core fans who made us what we are today in the gaming space, listen, we don't really have much time for you, and we don't have the internal creative talent, energy, or patience to come up with any other legitimate IP, so here's a couple of Halos so you can shut the fuck up and get off our backs. Soooo casuals, where were we...?"

And the sad part is, most 360 fans will have their tongues wagging at the possibility of more Halo. Because they can be as 1-dimensional as that franchise. Only the minority will realize they are getting shafted. It literally down to Gears of War or Halo now. Anything else that is exclusive is for Kinect, and many 360 fans dont give a shit about Kinect. Microsoft has turned Halo into a COD initiative, with Halo 4 being the 5th Halo in the franchise (including Halo: Wars) to be released on 360.

So seriously, dear 360 owners, are you satisfied with this? Is Halo enough for you? Don't get me wrong, I am not discounting the third party support you have which is extensive but equal to the PS3. And I know Gears of War 3 will rock your planet. But that's all I see from a gaming perspective that makes the 360 more appealing than other systems. So, from a gaming perspective, what is Microsoft offering you to keep you enticed? I don't even have a 360 and I am pissed at Microsoft. You guys made them what they are today, it is such bullshit that you get regurgitated game assets in return. I consider it a low blow, but different people have different standards, which is why I am asking you the question. Are you satisfied with the outlook of your system?

idk about you, but 360's holiday line-up is pretty good imo and a good variety of games, not just Halo. As Far as controller console exclusives/exclusives for the 360 it has Gears 3 easily a AAA title, Forza 4 another AAA title, Witcher 2 huge console exclusive, Minecraft another big console exclusive, then final Halo:CE anniversary which will be huge. Now with kinect this year it has Rise of Nightmare, dance central 2, kinect sports 2, Disney game, Star wars kinect, sesame street game, etc. 

From what I see there is more than just Halo to play exclusive wise for both controller based games and kinect. Plenty of games to satisfy core gamers and casual. Then people seem to forget about XBLA, which do I really need to say anything?    

I believe most people who wanted Witcher have already got it on their PC, I know I have. Minecraft vice versa.
I for one, dont count these as "exclusives" and I see you don't either hence the "console exclusive" which I straight out "lol" to. Me, being the hardcore g4m3r that I am, where are my games aside from Halo & Gears? Oh, I have a B E A S T PC too. Now you wanna try that again?

I've been wanting to play the Witcher since the original and I know others have been also that don't have a gaming PC like myself. I do consider Witcher and Minecraft exclusive, so my look at the holiday line-up is going to be a little different than yours. The only reason I said console exclusive is because I knew some people would argue that those games are not exclusive so I just went with console exclusives to make some people happy. As far as exclusives not on PC the 360 has Halo remake, Gears 3, and Forza 4.

Like I said before, some people seem to forget about the amazing arcade games that are a huge part of the 360's library. There is all summer of arcade games, crimson alliance, Mrs. Splosion man, battleblock theatre, trials evolution, guardian heroes, and many more that are all hardcore games, so if your a true hardcore gamer you don't care whether games are arcade games or not. Throw in the kinect games and all the multiplats, and there are plenty of games to play for everyone. I don't want to get in a huge pointless argument.          

Alright bro, but theres hardly a need for a gaming PC really.

Minimum requirements:

• Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)
  • Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz or AMD Athlon 64 +2800
  • 1 GB RAM for Microsoft® Windows® XP / 1536 MB for Microsoft® Windows® Vista
  • 128 MB Video RAM or greater with DirectX9 Vertex Shader/ Pixel Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800 or better)
  • 8.5 GB available hard drive space
  • DirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphones
  • DVD-Rom

We live in a time where my school computers that suck fullfill those criterias^.
Then again it varies from region and country. But I personally, who have no interest in arcade and have a beast PC, invested in a 360. And it was a effing' dumb decision considering I didnt even enjoy Gears 2 or Halo 3.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Aldro said:
smroadkill15 said:
MessiaH said:
I chose a 3, let me tell you why in a fabricated statement that Microsoft pretty much gave with their conference:

"Hey casuals, please do come in and play. We really like you and want to bite into your tasty slice of pie. To our core fans who made us what we are today in the gaming space, listen, we don't really have much time for you, and we don't have the internal creative talent, energy, or patience to come up with any other legitimate IP, so here's a couple of Halos so you can shut the fuck up and get off our backs. Soooo casuals, where were we...?"

And the sad part is, most 360 fans will have their tongues wagging at the possibility of more Halo. Because they can be as 1-dimensional as that franchise. Only the minority will realize they are getting shafted. It literally down to Gears of War or Halo now. Anything else that is exclusive is for Kinect, and many 360 fans dont give a shit about Kinect. Microsoft has turned Halo into a COD initiative, with Halo 4 being the 5th Halo in the franchise (including Halo: Wars) to be released on 360.

So seriously, dear 360 owners, are you satisfied with this? Is Halo enough for you? Don't get me wrong, I am not discounting the third party support you have which is extensive but equal to the PS3. And I know Gears of War 3 will rock your planet. But that's all I see from a gaming perspective that makes the 360 more appealing than other systems. So, from a gaming perspective, what is Microsoft offering you to keep you enticed? I don't even have a 360 and I am pissed at Microsoft. You guys made them what they are today, it is such bullshit that you get regurgitated game assets in return. I consider it a low blow, but different people have different standards, which is why I am asking you the question. Are you satisfied with the outlook of your system?

idk about you, but 360's holiday line-up is pretty good imo and a good variety of games, not just Halo. As Far as controller console exclusives/exclusives for the 360 it has Gears 3 easily a AAA title, Forza 4 another AAA title, Witcher 2 huge console exclusive, Minecraft another big console exclusive, then final Halo:CE anniversary which will be huge. Now with kinect this year it has Rise of Nightmare, dance central 2, kinect sports 2, Disney game, Star wars kinect, sesame street game, etc. 

From what I see there is more than just Halo to play exclusive wise for both controller based games and kinect. Plenty of games to satisfy core gamers and casual. Then people seem to forget about XBLA, which do I really need to say anything?    

I believe most people who wanted Witcher have already got it on their PC, I know I have. Minecraft vice versa.
I for one, dont count these as "exclusives" and I see you don't either hence the "console exclusive" which I straight out "lol" to. Me, being the hardcore g4m3r that I am, where are my games aside from Halo & Gears? Oh, I have a B E A S T PC too. Now you wanna try that again?

You're assuming most people that want to play Witcher has a PC that can play it well or prefer to game on the PC (and don't take that as console gaming is better than PC gaming, that's no what I'm trying to say).

My PC could probably handle it on a lower setting but now that I know it's coming on the 360, I'll gladly wait for it on that.  It will look better, run better, and I get to play it on my couch instead of haunched over at my desk.

You can stream the thing from your computer monitor to your PC, plug in a controller,
Bam, you're on the couch and if you care about it looking better and running better -> get a better PC as itll be 10x the 360 & PS3.

But yes, I am merely speaking about myself and where I am from. Guess there are people that think like you explained, so yeah.

blkfish92 said:
yo_john117 said:
blkfish92 said:
yo_john117 said:
blkfish92 said:
yo_john117 said:
blkfish92 said:
yo_john117 said:
blkfish92 said:

Have you ever thought that maybe games like that aren't made for people like us?

Kids will eat that shit up! 

That saddens me deeply.

Why? Why are different demographics forbidden to play games that they will enjoy.

Thats elitest bullshit and you damn well know it!

lol, fair enough though as the casual crowd is the biggest, it just gets me mad how games like star wars kinect will outsell dark souls and probably even infamous 2.

Well theres a reason why they will probably sell more....because there are far more casual and mainstream gamers out there.

Yep, exactly as I said lol, those casual gamers make a lot of money for them

Yep and there is nothing wrong with that as long as they support the core (which they are) and i'm talking about the mainstream core group which makes up the vast majority of core gamers, not the many niche only gamers you see on this website.

If you're apart of the 360/casual fan base then have fun by all means, but I'm having fun with all my awesome ps3 games that got announced at their e3 conference.

And i'm going to have 10 times more fun then you because I will be playing the awesome 360 games and the awesome PS3 games.

What awesome 360 games? Nothing new got anounced unless you count halo 4.

XD stop your hating, just because Move had nothing good (imo, compaired to Kinect) announced for it, doesn't mean you can rail on Kinect, which has been announced to not only have some halfway decent games (two of which my 3 year old daughter got all excited about...does Move have any games that could do that? I think not)  but it also has some pretty awesome features announced for the 360 in general. Add to that, the announcment that Youtube is coming to XBL, and the freaking awesome bing search, and top it off with hard core games like Forza 4, Halo 4, and Halo C.E. Anniversary ed., and GOW3, I think it was a pretty decent lineup, it got me excited for a lot of games...and those who know me, know that is not common. Yes I know those four games I listed above were previously announced, but fact of the matter is, many people will have heard of them for the first time because of E3, and even those of us who knew about them, got to see new gameplay, and learn more information about them. So in essence, like it or not, they do count as part of the E3 announcements. So yeah, you have fun in your little corner with your PS3 games, those of us who play games to have fun, will continue to do so whilst pitying those of you (A generalization not pointed at the quoted poster, but at anybody it may apply to...you know who you are.) who cannot see past the brand name and actually enjoy what gaming is about...fun.

Disclaimer: lest a mod come along with ban hammer in hand ready to smite me for seemingly trolling Move. I have nothing against move, I congradulate Sony for creating an alternative to MS and Nintendo's versions of motion tracking. I believe diversity breeds competition, which is a good thing, ultimately, for gamers. Please understand that I am stating an opinion, and made it clear I was doing so, this cannot be construed as trolling since I have made it clear that I do not hate Move.

"with great power, comes great responsibility."

Voted 7.

A lot of games. All of them looking promising. But I missed a live demo of Ryse and something all of a sudden new. Other than that mentioned Disney game.

kivi95 said:
3/10

Too much kinect stuff and what was good is multiplattform games. Nothing new that we didn't no about.

Around the Network

8/10

1st off I do not rate just based on press conference. I rate based on that and everything else that has come since. 2nd I rate compared to Sony and Nintendo console portions of their show and totally ignore the handheld units (Dont care about DS, 3DS, PSP or NGP).

So MS showed what looks like fantastic updates to Xbox Live. Looks like dashboard has become nearly 100% voice enabled. New services like YouTube, UFC, Live TV, and Bing search all look great. Sony barely mentioned PSN and does Nintendo even know what a service is yet.

The core games for 2011 are looking better as good or better than PS3 and Wii core games.

The Kinect games for core and for casual are looking good. Yes there were many, but that was simply it MS is hard at work building out many games for 360 and that includes many Kinect games.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Michael-5 said:

blkfish92 - I agree with you. MS announced quite a few games, people are just hating because except for Halo, all the newly announced games require Kinect.

MS made a good press conference, nothing great or special, but it was good. The PS3 portion of Sony's press conference was bad. Not 1 new AAA title, and they didn't even show footage for previously announced PS3 titles (The Last Guardian, Twisted Metal, etc).

People mock MS for having a Kinect focused lineup, and mock Sesame Street and Disneyland, but then what does Sony do? It pulls out Sly... Ryse, is cool, Fable is cool, and so are Dust and Starhawk. MS simply has more, and unlike Sony they announced 2 AAA titles. Both Halo, but still, damn.

This post points out the hypocrisy of most of VGChartz posters.  Sony and 3rd parties showed far less new for PS3, but MS E3 sucked. 

thx1139 said:
Michael-5 said:

blkfish92 - I agree with you. MS announced quite a few games, people are just hating because except for Halo, all the newly announced games require Kinect.

MS made a good press conference, nothing great or special, but it was good. The PS3 portion of Sony's press conference was bad. Not 1 new AAA title, and they didn't even show footage for previously announced PS3 titles (The Last Guardian, Twisted Metal, etc).

People mock MS for having a Kinect focused lineup, and mock Sesame Street and Disneyland, but then what does Sony do? It pulls out Sly... Ryse, is cool, Fable is cool, and so are Dust and Starhawk. MS simply has more, and unlike Sony they announced 2 AAA titles. Both Halo, but still, damn.

This post points out the hypocrisy of most of VGChartz posters.  Sony and 3rd parties showed far less new for PS3, but MS E3 sucked. 

Opinion = hypocrisy?

I agree with you that most people hate ms e3 just because its MS, but some people really just did not like the games MS showed, thats why they believe sony showed more than MS, because sony had more interesting games. Thats not my opinion, in my opinion all conferences sucked. :P

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

5 out of 10

It would have been an 8 out of 10 if they had kept the Kinect parts to mass effect's voice commands, dance central 2, and Ryse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8arD4Eub-Y4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GViKYAc-lLs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV0L_pP-0AM&feature=related

Kratos said:
thx1139 said:
Michael-5 said:

Opinion = hypocrisy?

I agree with you that most people hate ms e3 just because its MS, but some people really just did not like the games MS showed, thats why they believe sony showed more than MS, because sony had more interesting games. Thats not my opinion, in my opinion all conferences sucked. :P

Honestly thought from what I understand Sony showed.

Uncharted 3
Resistance 3
Sly Cooper 4 - Non gameplay trailer for 2012 release
Starhawk - Believe just a trailer for 2012
Twisted Metal - Wasnt shown during press conference, but was previewed