By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The site is NOT QUITE like what I expected...

ioi said:
makingmusic476 said:

I'm liking a lot of what I see so far, but I'm having some issues with the new Hot Topics system.

Is there anyway to have multiple Hot Topics pages? As it stands now, I have everything split between, like, 15 different forums or something. It's either that, or have EVERYTHING on one single page. It'd be nice if I could have pages dedicated to all gaming, sales, website, and OT threads, respectively.

And I fear for the OT section as things stand now. Things were rather slow under 3.0 to begin with. I can't imagine people will bother taking the time to check out six different off topic forums, and that'll just slow down traffic all the more.

I'm confused?

The idea of hot topics is that you go through and select the sub-forums that interest you and you get a custom list of topics to read. You should only need that page from now on, that's the whole point of it - the seperate pages for each sub forum (which everyone moaned about this time last year) has been made redundant by a customisable hot topics page. If you want to see threads for sales, website discussion, NSFW and Sony then you can just select those and only get the threads you will be interested in...

Nope!  I was confused!

I addressed that in the other thread, so hopefully you see it.

Around the Network

I'm really enjoying the site update. At first I was a bit confused, but I think I'm getting the hang of things :D. Larger display pics in forums is a nice touch, and I also like how post windows are larger too... normally pictures I placed in the post would extend over the page.

^__^ Well done to ioi and any others who were also involved.

Edit: Oh, and I'm also really happy about how fast pages load. Took a while to load prior to update. 

I love it, can think of any problems so far.

Add another kudo for the customizable homepage ;)