By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The site is NOT QUITE like what I expected...

Rainbird said:
thetonestarr said:
No I know it's supposed to be there, what I'm saying is it's not showing. Chrome and Firefox 4 both. In Chrome, it shows a single pixel of them while it's loading the page, but it disappears again after the thread fully loads.

Odd. You should report it in the official bug thread.

Agree, but I use Chrome and I can see it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
I'm the biggest complainer about the site there is, and I even I think it's a massive improvement. I'm still a bit miffed about the prevalence of flash ads, but it is what it is.

Dude, I hope you're back for good!

I feel so stupid...I was refreshing whole day the 'www.upgrade.vgchartz.com' and I got ofcourse always the 'Vgchartz is updating' while I just had to refresh vgchartz.com....X_X..

:) so far it looks good.

Xen said:
MontanaHatchet said:
I'm the biggest complainer about the site there is, and I even I think it's a massive improvement. I'm still a bit miffed about the prevalence of flash ads, but it is what it is.

I sometimes consider it, but I wonder if there's anything here for me anymore. Plus, I just applied to be a member at NeoGAF. I'd need some convincing :-/

MontanaHatchet said:
Xen said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I sometimes consider it, but I wonder if there's anything here for me anymore. Plus, I just applied to be a member at NeoGAF. I'd need some convincing :-/

Stick around to find out?

:P

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
marciosmg said:

A couple of questions guys:

1) How can I change my profile pic? Dont see the option to edit the profile.

2) It says I have 5 notifications. But when I click on the notificagtions page it says 0. What's the problem?

Thanks.

I don't know about two, but as for one - go to your Homepage, and then Profile Settings. "Profile Settings" is also the last option that pops up when you mouse over Home.

Thanks. Changed it.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Looking very nice. Gonna play around with my dashboard.

Not spent much time on it so far but the only thing I am not a fan of is forum posts seem to be taking up even more vertical space (when tbh they have been too tall since VGC3.0 launched) And I don't even have sigs turned on.

I think things like recent badges and currently playing would be better suited put into the pop-out when you hover over peoples names, hell even the points and posts could go in there (it is the kind of info you might think "I like/hate the sound of this guys post, I wonder how many points/posts he/she has"... not something you need to see as you scroll down.

Ideally for my tastes it would be nice to fit 3+ posts on my screen (and my screen is 768px high, so those with nice big desktop screens will be able to see more) whereas currently even if people only write 1 line I can only get 1 and a half.

ioi said:
makingmusic476 said:

I'm liking a lot of what I see so far, but I'm having some issues with the new Hot Topics system.

Is there anyway to have multiple Hot Topics pages? As it stands now, I have everything split between, like, 15 different forums or something. It's either that, or have EVERYTHING on one single page. It'd be nice if I could have pages dedicated to all gaming, sales, website, and OT threads, respectively.

And I fear for the OT section as things stand now. Things were rather slow under 3.0 to begin with. I can't imagine people will bother taking the time to check out six different off topic forums, and that'll just slow down traffic all the more.

I'm confused?

The idea of hot topics is that you go through and select the sub-forums that interest you and you get a custom list of topics to read. You should only need that page from now on, that's the whole point of it - the seperate pages for each sub forum (which everyone moaned about this time last year) has been made redundant by a customisable hot topics page. If you want to see threads for sales, website discussion, NSFW and Sony then you can just select those and only get the threads you will be interested in...

Wow neat... liking the hot topics page.

Just had a mess around with the dashboard too, that's pretty neat. Some fancy stuff going on there too. (1 gripe though, kinda want to be able to put more than 10 posts into the hot topics box)

Oh, I think I just found a bug... the "latest from VGChartz" box doesn't seem to remember the options you set for it when you re-visit the page... it either goes blank or has all three things (WW HW, Weekly SW and Weekly HW) back in it.... I'll add it to the bugs thread.

ioi said:
TWRoO said:

I think things like recent badges and currently playing would be better suited put into the pop-out when you hover over peoples names, hell even the points and posts could go in there (it is the kind of info you might think "I like/hate the sound of this guys post, I wonder how many points/posts he/she has"... not something you need to see as you scroll down.

We are working on exactly that with the first round of updates...

Ah kewl.

one question.
What's with "news from N4G"?