By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Pictures Hacked, Over 1 Million Accounts Stolen

SONY need to start tracking some IP address's, now that sounds like fun :P

Around the Network

I'm so tired of this, I really don't care anymore. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Max King of the Wild said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:

I don't know why anyone would ever trust a sony with securing their personal data again.

Hacker's  Scoreboard link below: NOT updated with todays security failure

Hackers 11 Sony 0

I wouldn't have said this 2 months ago, but now I feel 100% that Sony is criminally negligent. 

They have FAILED time and time again to secure their customers personal information despite promises to the contrary.

Stop with the  tired excuse that "anybody" can be hacked so it's fine.

NO IT'S NOT FINE!!! And funnily enough, while in theory "anybody can be hacked" no single company has been hacked more than sony over the past month and their security is  STILL ABYSMAL.  This is completely unacceptable

Lol but it is fine. your making garbage unfounded statements. do you have proof no other company is hacked more times? The best statement you can make is no other company has the publicity of being hacked... also do you think most of sonypicture users were born in 1932? a bunch of 80 year olds love playstation confirmed?

12 high profile SECURITY FAILURES in a month and a half for sony lmao....and people like max are still defending sony for being reckless and criminally negligent with their personal information.

Incredible!  Beyond comical :)

CaptainObvious said:

Sony,FOX,PBS,Amazon,Celebrities plus many more are getting hacked by these losers lately seems like the internet is being runned by anarchist. They'll keep doing this till everyone joins up and goes after them!

That and the government will start regulating the internet heavily.  Like I said in another thread, these hackers are so shortsighted.  So are their supporters.  If Sony ever went down, which I doubt it will, who's next?  Maybe MS or Nintendo, whichever company is next to make the "mistake" of ticking off the hackers in the process of protecting their interests.  To both groups, have fun til it lasts.

PizzaFaceGamer said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:

I don't know why anyone would ever trust a sony with securing their personal data again.

Hackers 11 Sony 0

I wouldn't have said this 2 months ago, but now I feel 100% that Sony is criminally negligent. 

They have FAILED time and time again to secure their customers personal information despite promises to the contrary.

NO IT'S NOT FINE!!! And funnily enough, while in theory "anybody can be hacked" no single company has been hacked more than sony over the past month and their security is  STILL ABYSMAL.  This is completely unacceptable

Lol but it is fine. your making garbage unfounded statements. do you have proof no other company is hacked more times? The best statement you can make is no other company has the publicity of being hacked... also do you think most of sonypicture users were born in 1932? a bunch of 80 year olds love playstation confirmed?

12 high profile SECURITY FAILURES in a month and a half for sony lmao....and people like max are still defending sony for being reckless and criminally negligent with their personal information.

You cant just say someone is criminally negligent... a court system actually has to charge them of a crime before you can say that... and your going on about other people being ignorant? lol. Also, I bet you most websites of sony pictures calibur doesnt have much better security.

Also, I think you need a better definition of high profile because this sure the fuck aint one of them... And the only 2 I can think of off the top of my head are SOE and PSN which were the same attack... so... if the other 11 were so high profile why cant i remember them?

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
CaptainObvious said:

Sony,FOX,PBS,Amazon,Celebrities plus many more are getting hacked by these losers lately seems like the internet is being runned by anarchist. They'll keep doing this till everyone joins up and goes after them!

That and the government will start regulating the internet heavily.  Like I said in another thread, these hackers are so shortsighted.  So are their supporters.  If Sony ever went down, which I doubt it will, who's next?  Maybe MS or Nintendo, whichever company is next to make the "mistake" of ticking off the hackers in the process of protecting their interests.  To both groups, have fun til it lasts.

Sony won't go down but it's nice to see someone on this website willing to admit SONY'S attacking GEOHOT was a HUGE MISTAKE. 

PizzaFaceGamer said:
UltimateUnknown said:

At this point I don't think Sony gives a fuck about all these hackers. I don't think they can get any more bad media even if they get hacked to the ground either.

Hack away and take what you can hackers, not that you will get anything useful in the first place.

These are the types of ignorant quotes that do a disservice to rationale & logical disussion

How  about readingthis Ultimate Unknown.....

http://saveandquitgaming.com/sony-loses-2-08-billion-dollars-since-psn-outage/

Sony’s Stock Drops 2.08 Billion Dollars Since PSN Outage

Who knew being hacked and losing all user account information worldwide is bad for business? Apparently gamers aren’t the only ones who are pissed off about the PSN outage; stock holders have been selling their shares like hotcakes. I recently was given a quick lesson in economics that I will now share with you (keep in mind these are quick approximate numbers and calculations). The market cap for Sony is at 28.19 billion, the last traded price was at $28.06 per share. By dividing the market cap by the last traded price you can figure out the total shares outstanding which is roughly 1.004 billion. The closing trading price on 4/20 was 30.14 per share. The closing trading price on 5/6 was 28.06 per share. If you subtract the two you get a 2.08 stock loss. If you take the 2.08 stock loss and times it by the total shares outstanding of 1.004 billion you therefore get 2.08 billion dollars in lost stock profits.

You don't think sony cares about stock prices dropping off a cliff??

Today's sony share price is down to $26.54 so sony has lost MORE THAN 4 BILLION dollars in stock price alone since the original security failure

And this doesn't include  the 170 million dollar PSN loss

OUCH.

PizzaFaceGamer said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:

Hackers 11 Sony 0

Well Sony's been the main punching bag to these hackers the past couple of months they'll keep doing this till Sony collapes. Your 0 right Sony should of been aware of this they need to protect all their sites they will never stop till they get caught.

Anyone who's breaking the law is obvious a criminal.

thismeintiel said:
CaptainObvious said:

Agree!!! Thank You thismeintiel

Anyone who's breaking the law is obvious a criminal.

Sony Defense Forces man your battle stations. Seriously some of you are acting like outright petty thugs. Trying to get this thread dumped in the off topic forum, or having the original poster sanctioned. The only reason you want to cover this up is it makes Sony look bad. Hate to bring the light of honesty into this, but it is relevant. The security of a company which operates multiple online gaming hubs is really important to gaming. Especially a company that had a cluster fuck just over a month ago due to hacking.

I also have to say this. Everyone is interested in this. These threads see extraordinary traction, and simply dominate these forums. The last thread saw what eight pages. How many will this see. More importantly how healthy is this for this site. With all the lapsed members popping up to check in or chime in. This may be bad for Sony, but it is really good for this site. So I ask you whats more important serving Sony, or doing what is best for this community. These stories energize people, and it gets them talking more. Not just about this, but about other things. Do what is right for the community shut up, and deal with it. 

You don't have to support the threads, but you shouldn't be out attacking them for existing. You have a actual choice. You can go bury your head in the sand, or behave rationally. Skip the thread, and if you read it then don't reply. Why prop the thread up if you object. Maybe be inspired to contribute new threads to give other members other things to talk about. Contribute to other positive threads so they stay up higher.

Just tired of people trying to act as judge, jury, and censor. Try playing nice with others. Instead of trying to be bullies.