By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Pictures Hacked, Over 1 Million Accounts Stolen

psrock said:
Hyruken said:
psrock said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

bla blah blah can't believe some losers support these losers and their actions..pathetic. Fr a moment take off your let's hate on the xx game company glasses. This is harming PEOPLE! how blind can some people an be. this is cyber terrorism and I HOPE they pay in due time..that is all

That's the crazy thing, we have some internet terrorists going crazy attacking websites, and people are blaming the websites. These thugs need to stop and sadly I fear we are going to lose our privacy to fix this. 

But you don't see it happening to other sites psrock? What the hackers do is sad and should not be supported. However they only reason they are doing it is because Sony say they are secure when clearly they are not. If they had gone about things in a different way they would not be the target they are. I bet they regret opening the can of worms now bigtime has it has ended up costing them millions and by the looks of things it is not over. Sony need to get serious and start spending on better security. If it means charging a small monthly fee then i am sure most people would be happy to pay it. While Sony are not to blame for this whole situation you have to say they have not helped the situation. It could of been avoided.

PBS was hacked yesterday, gmail is going through some as well, this isn't a Sony thing, it's serious. No compay is getting attacked like them though. People think their companies is so much better just better hope the haCKERS don't attack. 

PBS had a news piece put up, and Gmail had a phising hack. They didn't get hold of the details. Very different from someone breaking in and stealing millions of users credit card and passwords....

Around the Network
psrock said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:
D

Sadly civil discussions and rational thought are a rarity of feats in online discussion boards.  Far too many people use the witless, pop in, nonsensical chatter and say nothing of value.  Intellectual impotence pervades the majority of banter here. 

But I don't want to go off topic.  Dodece, you are correct...once again, I know it's beginning to sound cliche but the truth is like pleasant frangrance among trash.  You delve into perspectives most have never dreamed of and it makes this community a better place.

cicil disscussion? rational thought? coming from you.

You spend all day long looking for ways to bash Sony. What rational thinking do you bring to the table, every post I read from you, a piece of me die in the inside. 

noooooooooooooo psrock! don't read too much and die! your avatar is too awesome to not see anymore!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Hyruken said:
psrock said:
Hyruken said:
psrock said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

bla blah blah can't believe some losers support these losers and their actions..pathetic. Fr a moment take off your let's hate on the xx game company glasses. This is harming PEOPLE! how blind can some people an be. this is cyber terrorism and I HOPE they pay in due time..that is all

That's the crazy thing, we have some internet terrorists going crazy attacking websites, and people are blaming the websites. These thugs need to stop and sadly I fear we are going to lose our privacy to fix this. 

But you don't see it happening to other sites psrock? What the hackers do is sad and should not be supported. However they only reason they are doing it is because Sony say they are secure when clearly they are not. If they had gone about things in a different way they would not be the target they are. I bet they regret opening the can of worms now bigtime has it has ended up costing them millions and by the looks of things it is not over. Sony need to get serious and start spending on better security. If it means charging a small monthly fee then i am sure most people would be happy to pay it. While Sony are not to blame for this whole situation you have to say they have not helped the situation. It could of been avoided.

PBS was hacked yesterday, gmail is going through some as well, this isn't a Sony thing, it's serious. No compay is getting attacked like them though. People think their companies is so much better just better hope the haCKERS don't attack. 

PBS had a news piece put up, and Gmail had a phising hack. They didn't get hold of the details. Very different from someone breaking in and stealing millions of users credit card and passwords....

no one has stolen any credit cards... And also, with those pbs and gmail issues I doubt the ones accountable for them would have much trouble getting info if they wanted to

Dodece said:

Sony Defense Forces man your battle stations. Seriously some of you are acting like outright petty thugs. Trying to get this thread dumped in the off topic forum, or having the original poster sanctioned. The only reason you want to cover this up is it makes Sony look bad. Hate to bring the light of honesty into this, but it is relevant. The security of a company which operates multiple online gaming hubs is really important to gaming. Especially a company that had a cluster fuck just over a month ago due to hacking.

I also have to say this. Everyone is interested in this. These threads see extraordinary traction, and simply dominate these forums.

Im all for it when it concerns PSN or Sony gaming division, hell, im even all for it until it get spam by the same posters again and again. The OP didnt even discuss the subject. It tooks 3 weeks and countless threads before I say anything about it. I agree that its good for clicks though,  post it in the news where it belongs and let people comment under it ; )! It can also be post in off-topic, no need to ban the OP ; )!

Here's my take on it.

Yes, it's Sony's fault for having piss poor security.  It would be in their best interests to improve security.

On the flip side the hackers are being lame.  It's one thing to hack the website(s) and get the info.  You could then easily email/some other way communicate to Sony.  "Hey you are vulnerable to SQL injection, please sanitize your inputs.  I was able to get all of this information <see attachments>".  Instead they run around like children saying "LOOK AT ME!!" for no reason but getting attention and measuring their e-peens.

If the hackers really wanted justice (as opposed to being thugs) they would work with coporations to improve security so that real bad people (thieves, rouge countries, terrorists, etc.) wouldn't be able to steal our personal information from coporations and use that information for financial gain or other bad activities.

It IS Sony's responsibility to have good security in an effort to protect their own bottom line.  The hackers however are behaving like children and bringing NOTHING BUT BAD NEWS to the customers of the corporation and doing a tiny bit of damage to the corporation itself.

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
psrock said:
Hyruken said:
psrock said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

PBS hacked that said Tupac was still alive,Gmail hacked by the Chinese(nothing was taken) and no CC stolen in the Sony picture site.

Anyone who's breaking the law is obvious a criminal.

Max King of the Wild said:
Hyruken said:
psrock said:
Hyruken said:
psrock said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

no one has stolen any credit cards...

We were talking about the hacks at Sony in general not just this one.

Over on gaf they have a lot more info about it then this thread. Some are saying that people who downloaded the details have been able to gain access to facebook accounts because people use the same passwords for lot's of places they visit. I think the big question here is why did they have the details stored on the server? What were they for? Some speculate that it could be connected to regestering a product or purchasing something from the Sony store. Either way while credit cards were not stolen this time name/address/dob/password was. Which to hackers is a lot of information to use to screw you over.

CaptainObvious said:
Hyruken said:
psrock said:
Hyruken said:
psrock said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

PBS hacked that said Tupac was still alive,Gmail hacked by the Chinese(nothing was taken) and no CC stolen in the Sony picture site.

As i said PBS had a news piece put up and Gmail had a phishing hack. That requires the user to do a few things i.e click on the scam address and hand over details. Nobody hacked into a file hidden somewhere and downloaded the un-crypted data. That is very different from the first Sony hack.

Hyruken said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Hyruken said:
psrock said:
Hyruken said:
psrock said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

no one has stolen any credit cards...

We were talking about the hacks at Sony in general not just this one.

Over on gaf they have a lot more info about it then this thread. Some are saying that people who downloaded the details have been able to gain access to facebook accounts because people use the same passwords for lot's of places they visit. I think the big question here is why did they have the details stored on the server? What were they for? Some speculate that it could be connected to regestering a product or purchasing something from the Sony store. Either way while credit cards were not stolen this time name/address/dob/password was. Which to hackers is a lot of information to use to screw you over.

I dont see anywhere on the sonypictures website where i can register my name. also according to the screen shot the most used city is from a town with a population of 3,000 and the most used birthdates are 70-80 years old

EncodedNybble said:

Here's my take on it.

Yes, it's Sony's fault for having piss poor security.  It would be in their best interests to improve security.

On the flip side the hackers are being lame.  It's one thing to hack the website(s) and get the info.  You could then easily email/some other way communicate to Sony.  "Hey you are vulnerable to SQL injection, please sanitize your inputes.  I was able to get all of this information <see attachments>".  Instead they run around like children saying "LOOK AT ME!!" for no reason but getting attention and measuring their e-peens.

If the hackers really wanted justice (as opposed to being thugs) they would work with coporations to improve security so that real bad people (thieves, rouge countries, terrorists, etc.) wouldn't be able to steal our personal information from coporations and use that information for financial gain or other bad activities.

It IS Sony's responsibility to have good security in an effort to protect their own bottom line.  The hackers however are behaving like children and bringing NOTHING BUT BAD NEWS to the customers of the corporation and doing a tiny bit of damage to the corporation itself.

Thats a very good post, both sides have their responsibility. What im wandering is, legally speaking, in knowledge of their security problem, should Sony take all the servers that contain customer information offline until they get time to upgrade them. What do you think of that? Keeping in my mind the information is, name, address, date of birth, e-mail and the standard of the industry in term of online security. Im actually hesitant on that, I think they should but at the same time, we shouldnt ask more to a single company then to the other. Its not really their fault to have hundreads of hackers on their back either. So what do you think?