By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Dead Redemption has a fail ending [I know I am late lol]

Tagged games:

Kantor said:

I thought the best of the endings would have been when Dutch died, yes. The nice slow walk back home with the music playing, a touching cutscene with his wife, and then final credits.

Like you, it took me a while to find the real ending. I thought "well, that's crap, I don't like this Jack Marston, and I want revenge!"

Admittedly, revenge was sweet. I did enjoy emptying an entire barrel of bullets into the FBI guy and shooting his brother and wife, but it still wasn't as good an ending as Dutch's death.

^^Lol!  I lasso'd his brother and wife.  I cut the wife's throat while she was hogtied (knealing and using the knife) and used dynamite on the hogtied brother.  I took my father's death very personally!

Around the Network

Wow you guys are ruthless lol.

I didn't do anything to the brother, but I thought of doing something to the wife but decided against it since my mood was pretty bad at the time and I had lost interest in the game. I went and found the retired guy and killed him.The duelling thing is so easy it didn't even feel special, meanwhile the dutch and the marston death events were actually events that felt like endings.

And I had killed everyone before I joined my wife and Jack in the shed. Suddenly there are two dozen people outside his shed waiting. He could have at least killed edgar ross among them, before dying, but its not possible at all.

All of the ending was unfortunately heavily scripted.

d21lewis said:
Kantor said:

I thought the best of the endings would have been when Dutch died, yes. The nice slow walk back home with the music playing, a touching cutscene with his wife, and then final credits.

Like you, it took me a while to find the real ending. I thought "well, that's crap, I don't like this Jack Marston, and I want revenge!"

Admittedly, revenge was sweet. I did enjoy emptying an entire barrel of bullets into the FBI guy and shooting his brother and wife, but it still wasn't as good an ending as Dutch's death.

^^Lol!  I lasso'd his brother and wife.  I cut the wife's throat while she was hogtied (knealing and using the knife) and used dynamite on the hogtied brother.  I took my father's death very personally

You're overly forgiving. I dynamited both of them.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

--Unrelated to the OP:  Was I the only one who laughed like hell when John, Jack, and Uncle were on the front porch and somebody hit Jack with a molotav cocktail?  He was rolling around on the ground, on fire, screaming for his life!!  I laughed so hard, I failed the mission!!

Munkeh111 said:

I really liked the ending, it really hurt me, and it is rare that games can actually make me sad like they did here

I was a bit annoyed by the fact that you had to do a stranger's quest to get the final ending, but that was kind of the point of RDR, to immerse yourself in the world, and that game managed in a way no other has, and I still drift off and think of playing RDR...

This was actually my only complaint.  I don't understand why it wasn't made to be an "actual" mission.  It kind of cheapened the finale for me.  Overall I loved the ending though.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League