By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Dead Redemption has a fail ending [I know I am late lol]

Tagged games:

If you couldn't see John dying at the end of the game during the scene where Dutch committed suicide, then well...You are a hopeless romantic.

I saw it a mile away before I killed Williamson in Mexico. Dutch only confirmed it by saying, "When I'm gone they have to find another monster, they have to because they have to justify their wages..."

Alive or dead, I enjoyed the journey to the ending.

As for Jack vs. John it is no contest. Jack sounds like his balls never dropped and has way too much of a Jack White of the White Stripes influence which I would love in a Rock Band type game, not a macho wild wild West game like Red Dead.

Around the Network

Well, it's all fuzzy to me now but I think I cried when Marston died.
I agree that Jack is not fun to play. But I think the game finished pretty well. It is one of my favourite games ever and the ending has contribuited to it.

I liked the ending, it was huge plot-twist and made my eyes wet. :(

He went down fighting even shooting a few of the attackers in the end like a hero, it was an unexpectedly emotional moment that I never would have thought Rockstar could manage (since GTA4 is a complete joke imo)

In many westerns the hero dies at the end though so it's nothing new.

I thought the ending was amazing. It sent chills down my spine being his son and taking revenge. It is sad that John died, but i think he will return for a prequal, prequal ?

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

John Marston deserved to die because he's stupid (and/or Rockstar's writing sucks)

So... He just killed an army of soldiers (how realistic) and cleared the way for escape. Instead of escaping he unbelievably decided to check out who was left. Apparently, every enemy still alive decided to mindlessly congregate in front of a barn. John goes into the barn through the back and actually spots the enemies outside through hinging the door open. Instead of using some of his trusty firebombs, turning on godmode that he apparently had previously or outright getting the fuck out of there, he opens the door and basically commits suicide.

What a fuckng fool. And also I think t was a poor writing desicion to have him be a complete jackass to Uncle before shit hit the fan. Made me not care about his death...

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:

I honestly thought it was amazing :). Must say when John died I thought we would play with his son in RDR 2 and going to take revenge ...god was I surprised ^^'..

If their is something I really hate in this game it is the beginning of the game and the hours of riding your horse from one point to the other.

my feelings exactly

Actually the game's ending isn't even in the game itself,you'll have to buy the DLC Undead nightmare.

Then you'll see the true ending :)

patapon said:

John Marston deserved to die because he's stupid (and/or Rockstar's writing sucks)

So... He just killed an army of soldiers (how realistic) and cleared the way for escape. Instead of escaping he unbelievably decided to check out who was left. Apparently, every enemy still alive decided to mindlessly congregate in front of a barn. John goes into the barn through the back and actually spots the enemies outside through hinging the door open. Instead of using some of his trusty firebombs, turning on godmode that he apparently had previously or outright getting the fuck out of there, he opens the door and basically commits suicide.

What a fuckng fool. And also I think t was a poor writing desicion to have him be a complete jackass to Uncle before shit hit the fan. Made me not care about his death...

Haha, this was exactly how I felt.

Amazing ending.

Though I wish I could play on with John somehow, you know for old times sake.
Well there is still Undead Nightmare :)

mantlepiecek said:
Munkeh111 said:

I really liked the ending, it really hurt me, and it is rare that games can actually make me sad like they did here

I was a bit annoyed by the fact that you had to do a stranger's quest to get the final ending, but that was kind of the point of RDR, to immerse yourself in the world, and that game managed in a way no other has, and I still drift off and think of playing RDR...

That's one way to look at it I guess, lol. But now there's no real meaning to my red dead redemption save file. Really no meaning to the game.

I was hoping to have some more nice quests with the wife and the child telling more about his past life but that's not happening.

Well that was kind of the idea of the bit with your wife. To get to know her, and relax and enjoy some nice relaxing times, before the rug was pulled under your feet again, I thought that bit was really well done, and I still maintain that the ending was just brilliant, it really did make me stop and think