By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My first ban bet: Cafe's Controller won't have a screen or motion control.

My first ban bet: Cafe's Controller won't have a screen or motion control.

You're crazy, it will so have a screen. 10 17.24%

You're crazy, it will so... 10 17.24%

You're crazy times 2, it will have both. 18 31.03%

You're crazy. But you're right! 2 3.45%

You're crazy. You're ta... 4 6.90%

I'M SO CRAZY!!! 14 24.14%

Total:58

I hear all this talk about Cafe's controller. It has a screen! It can change the world! It can do your chores! It can do your homework! It can speak 36 languages including Mandarin Chinese and Swahili! It also makes Julienne fries!

ENOUGH ALREADY! I am going to cut through these rumors and say that there will be no screen on Cafe's controller. There won't be motion controls either, that shit's gone Red Ocean. I was so sure that there will be no screen or motion controls for Nintendo's next home console's controller that I was prepared to risk a TWO-WEEK BAN if that prediction turned out to be false. Unfortunately, ban bets are, well, banned, so I guess all I can do is ask that they keep this poll thread open so people can marvel at my ineptitude concerning the rules and regulations of this site, and maybe add more votes to option six or whatever option they like, really. In the meantime, I'm gonna go drown my troubles in Hawaiian Punch!

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

Around the Network

If it has no screen on the controller that allows me to give the TV back to my fiance and play it in the bedroom laying down on the bed then I will be severely disappointed.

It is the one thing that has me SUPER excited about the N6.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

You'r prediction is more doomed than the movie The Hobbit.

Above: still the best game of the year.

The only thing that's even more lame than a screen in a controller are ban bets.

It's going to at least have rudimentary motion controls.

But, as Chrizum says, ban bets are stupid. You can count on the motion aspect - I expect that's something that's going to be built into controllers permanently now, just like rumble and analog sticks. But that doesn't mean I'm going to bet over it.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

If I was a mod I would have banned you already. Not that I agree with the rumors but taking away motion all together is not gonna happen.

Edit: didn’t Nintendo confirm that it would have a screen and that it would be touch?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Beuli2 said:

You'r prediction is more doomed than the movie The Hobbit.

The Hobbit will be awesome, in every possible way. Eat shit.

OT:
While I'm not willing to be banned for 2 Weeks over a silly controller, I think you're insane. Nintendo would also be insane to drop Motion control from Cafe.

Roma said:

If I was a mod I would have banned you already. Not that I agree with the rumors but taking away motion all together is not gonna happen.

Edit: didn’t Nintendo confirm that it would have a screen and that it would be touch?

Nintendo has confirmed nothing about the system except that they're working on it, it comes out next year, and it's going to be revealed at E3.

SW-5120-1900-6153

You guys are no fun at all. Would you at least hear out my reasons for making such a bold prediction?

Firstly, I think motion control is "Red Ocean", as in it's been done to death. And after the twin PR disasters that were the N64 and Game Cube, I don't think they want to overcomplicate their controllers. And having a screen on the controller would definitely overcomplicate it. Also, there could be certain durability issues that Nintendo might not like.

Those are my reasons. Are you sure you don't want to join in just to imagine the look on my face as Nintendo proves me wrong, and feel the satisfaction of being proven right, if you pick the item(s) that are correct?

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

You and your crazy talk i mean....I mean your plain crazy! Progect Cafe will have all that stuff the screen on the controller, motion control and it will make coffee for you!(It's called Progect Cafe why not!) See you in two weeks.

Anyone who's breaking the law is obvious a criminal.