By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favorite game developer of the all time?

assuming nintendo counts. Its pretty clear nintendo is by far the best. Heck I don't have a nintendo wii, and have no plans on getting project cafe, and nintendo is still the winner by miles. In second would be retro studios, third would be sega. fourth would be valve, fifth would be naughty dog, more so for crash than uncharted, 

Around the Network
Immortal said:

Does "Nintendo" count as a developer? I'd think you're supposed to separate between the EAD groups.

So my favourite developers would be EAD 1, EAD 2, EAD 4, Game Freak and, since I'm in an extremely DQ mood right now, Enix.

Out of that, though, is there really any questioning Pokemon?

Yes Nintendo is a devopler. But not Sony and MS

ID Software, for giving us first person shooters

enrageorange said:

assuming nintendo counts. Its pretty clear nintendo is by far the best. Heck I don't have a nintendo wii, and have no plans on getting project cafe, and nintendo is still the winner by miles. In second would be retro studios, third would be sega. fourth would be valve, fifth would be naughty dog, more so for crash than uncharted, 

Well the better Crash games (first 3) were made by ND.

for me, Insomniac, I loved the Spyro games, then the Ratchet and Clank games and now the Resistance games, they are an amazing developer, and the only one I liked for three generations

Around the Network

For this gen, probably naughtydog or suckerpunch, of all time, well that would require to much thought.

This is confusing cause publishers have multiple developing houses. 

Probably Nintendo EAD (but I think they'res multiple) But if the 2D mario's, mario 64 and zelda until OoT then this.
Or Square PDD1

I'm not sure how may dev teams each of them have.

I mean  if it's as constituted today Square-Enix-Eidos is cheating
Cause of my 3 of my favorite Franchises
Final Fantasy
Deus Ex
Tomb Raider

Along with a bunch of other really good games. And they'd be my pick in that case easily.

For this Gen. Visceral Games for Me. (EA Redwood) 

And if it's publishing houses probably Square-Enix-Eidos, and EA. (Two places unpopular and didn't make money last year. But lots of games from each I love.)

Blizzard. Perhaps Square, Bioware or LucasArts.

No, Blizzard. Definitely Blizzard.

Xen said:

Square...soft.

FFX, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, FF VI, FF VIII, V... bla bla bla 50 more awesome games.

Can't.Be.Beat.

This

I miss SquareSoft

Naughty Dog. I really have a soft spot for Guerilla as well, I love Killzone.