By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter: PS Vita “The Dumbest Name Ever”

M.U.G.E.N said:
psrock said:
PullusPardus said:
psrock said:

Ipad, Kinect, Wii, Sony is learning the key to success.

Kinect isn't a dumb name, its simple.

Natal on the other hand.....

lol, how things have changed.

it's the same pattern isn't it? names like wii, kinect etc etc were all the dumbest name ever at the begining...fast forward few months and no one gives a *&%^ anymore. I'm more curious to know about the games and how they play.

i think its a marketing thing, and has worked the last couple times.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
psrock said:
PullusPardus said:
psrock said:

Kinect isn't a dumb name, its simple.

Natal on the other hand.....

lol, how things have changed.

it's the same pattern isn't it? names like wii, kinect etc etc were all the dumbest name ever at the begining...fast forward few months and no one gives a *&%^ anymore. I'm more curious to know about the games and how they play.

i think its a marketing thing, and has worked the last couple times.

Agree, here's hoping for a KB or Xperia Play like marketing campaign...not marcus esque -_-

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

psrock said:

Lol. So true.

For once I agree with Pachter! 

It doesn't really change my opinion of him but it's nice I agree with him.  There are silly names like iPod, Wii, and Kinect that roll off the tongue and/or just makes sense.

iPod -- completely made up word but it uses apple i branding (even though it wasn't that large yet) and it sounded good.

Wii -- Another made up word and it sounds a bit vulgar but it is memorable and it rolls of the tongue well.  There's also that whole Wii would like to play thing.

Kinect -- Oh I see it's all about movement and that connection being the controller, it makes perfect sense.

Vita -- Vita, vita, vita.  It really doesn't sound very good, it doesn't roll off the tongue at all, and it really doesn't have any connection to anything.

twesterm said:

It doesn't really change my opinion of him but it's nice I agree with him.  There are silly names like iPod, Wii, and Kinect that roll off the tongue and/or just makes sense.

iPod -- completely made up word but it uses apple i branding (even though it wasn't that large yet) and it sounded good.

Wii -- Another made up word and it sounds a bit vulgar but it is memorable and it rolls of the tongue well.  There's also that whole Wii would like to play thing.

Kinect -- Oh I see it's all about movement and that connection being the controller, it makes perfect sense.

Vita -- Vita, vita, vita.  It really doesn't sound very good, it doesn't roll off the tongue at all, and it really doesn't have any connection to anything.

it even sounds like Visa, which people are most likely to missunderstood in random conversation.

Around the Network

it doesn't sound right 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

PullusPardus said:
twesterm said:

it even sounds like Visa, which people are most likely to missunderstood in random conversation.

all illegal aliens buying this confirmed!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

twesterm said:

So you agree that the NGP/PS Vita has a pretty good chance to succeed?  Me too. 

@ OP

While I would like a better name, in the end its the device itself, as well as the games, that will sell it.

why can't sony just call it the PSP2??? i mean nintendo did that with DS to 3DS , apple with IPod Touch 3 to 4 etc....

PSP2 sounds alot better and it makes sense in the Sony Playstation Family.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

See.  The people of Argentina seem to love Vita.